Any way to change the appearance of Ancient Bark ?

Hi everyone ! ;)

I want to know if there's any way to change Ancient Bark appearance,

since it covers the Dryad's body, but I want to see her, not that green thing, and mounted

it stays all over the mount too =/

Is there a way to change the appearance for any other buffs from other characters ?

I don't know which files I need to rename/replace for it.

Thanks in advance !

Not sure about changing the buffs, but I think there's a option in-game where you can turn off the buff graphics, not completely sure though since I've never used it.

EDIT: There is, and it works.

Under "Gameplay Options" you can un-tick the "Buff Display" option, and the buffs doesn't have any graphics while they are active.

Edited by Spunky

heh, used to hate that buff too... Camo gear on the dryad never seemed to do it for me., and always seemed to take away from the beauty of the gear.

Shame

:pitcher:

gogo

Yeah, the "Display Buff" works, but I like the other buff from other characters and the Sinister Predator from Dryad.

I found a collection of mods on a topic here that changed the appearance of Ancient Bark, but also changed a lot of other things I don't want,

so I made a backup and tested the folder "spells" that it changed and the "spells.txt" from "shared" folder, and it changed the appearance of

Ancient Bark with the "spells.txt", now I just need to know what line the owner of this mods changed in the .txt so I can change for another one :P

He changed to a green circle around Dryad, much like the Reflection Emanation from Shadow Warrior, only larger and green, better than the old one, but I want

to change to other buffs xD

If someone knows what I need to change on "spells.txt" to change the Ancient Bark skill, please tell me ! :)

Thanks in advance and for the answers!

Yeah, the "Display Buff" works, but I like the other buff from other characters and the Sinister Predator from Dryad.

I found a collection of mods on a topic here that changed the appearance of Ancient Bark, but also changed a lot of other things I don't want,

so I made a backup and tested the folder "spells" that it changed and the "spells.txt" from "shared" folder, and it changed the appearance of

Ancient Bark with the "spells.txt", now I just need to know what line the owner of this mods changed in the .txt so I can change for another one :P

He changed to a green circle around Dryad, much like the Reflection Emanation from Shadow Warrior, only larger and green, better than the old one, but I want

If someone knows what I need to change on "spells.txt" to change the Ancient Bark skill, please tell me ! :)

I would guess the following:

search for:

mgr.defineSpell( "dr_nm_rindenhaut", {

and change

fxTypeSpell = "FX_DR_RINDENHAUT",

to

fxTypeSpell = "",

that should rid you of the ugly coating. If you want you can exchange for any other fxtypeSpell tag you find in the other spells.

I would guess the following:

search for:

mgr.defineSpell( "dr_nm_rindenhaut", {

and change

to

fxTypeSpell = "",

that should rid you of the ugly coating. If you want you can exchange for any other fxtypeSpell tag you find in the other spells.

Thanks a lot for this !

I tried many spells, and finally I found the Goldenglade Touch and the Acute Mind spells,

now I changed to Acute Mind animation for the Ancient Bark, I even deleted the sounds of the Acute Mind

because it's annoying that sound on a permanent buff.

Thanks a lot again for this !

BTW, if anyone wants, just follow czevak steps and change:

to

fxTypeSpell = "FX_DR_HANDAUFLEGEN",

to make Ancient Bark with the Goldenglade Touch animation,

or:

to

fxTypeSpell = "FX_DR_WACHERVERSTAND",

to make Ancient Bark with the Acute Mind animation.

Thank you one more time !

Cya.

• 2 months later...

Hope this isn't too much of a necropost, but is this type of modification one that must be shared by all players in a multiplayer (by LAN) game? I recall that the community patch must be installed on each player's system from the helpful posters in that thread. And both my roomy and I do find that buff obnoxiously blinding when the dryad has such neat armors.

• 2 months later...

Although I was born in Germany I don't speak German so I need help finding the "fxTypeSpell" listing for Grim Resilience in Spells.txt please! I prefer it to the animation for Ancient Bark (ugh! so ugly!) and want to substitute it using Czevak's suggested method. I think my Dryad would look neat with a pink ring around her feet and would be easy to see in any terrain. I tried Broken Day's change to the Goldenglade Touch animation a bit noisy with that constant whoosh going on and GR has no sound associated with it. Thanks ahead of time. BTW, is this one of the changes proposed for the next patch?

Have a look at this post rnarchlord: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...t&p=6899214

Thanks, Malachor; it's exactly what I needed. I tried using English to German translator but "grim resilience" came up as "grim Widerstandsfähigkeit" which was nowhere in the Spells.txt file. BTW, "willensstaerke" gets translated as "willed" which is a lot different than resilience! Guess the devs kinda encrypted the spell names to cut down on others editing them easily? Again, thanks.

Well, I tried it but I don't get any buff animation using willensstaerke with my Dryad even after changing the line to "FX_DR_WILLENSSTAERKE". Is there another line that needs to be changed as well to get the right animation (neon pink cloud at feet)?

OK, final edit!

I had to change the line to "FX_SK_WILLENSTAERKE" but now she has a pink aura!

Edited by rnarchlord