How to postpone the effect of mist (fog) in the distance

Hello and sory for my bad English. I m French hehe

I research a solution for see ant long range the environment; 3D view is good but mist effect range limit the see.

and I have not find a solution in option.txt or other.

I use ice and blood with elite pack and the lasted oficial patch and your MOD and I force filtering max in catalist .

And I have an other problem I have a 5970 and ( 9800gtx for physix ) but the game is mono GPU with 5970 do you have a solution for the game compatible with multi primary GPU ?

An other problem; very lots time the aplication game (not the system FREEZ) often when I go in a cave or chargement part of map ( I think its because I use elit pack and max filtering the game use lots memory and the aplication is limiter a 2G memory but I have 16G ram in my systems.

If you have a solution for fix the ram utilisation by this aplication at more 2G ram or other solution ...

Thanks

Edited by gogoblender

Salut (Hi)

Edited by gogoblender
Please make posts in english [color="#FF0000"]I'm sorry machination, I myself understand French, and I know you mean well, but this site's rules maintain only English when posting so that everyone reading can understand. Cheers! :)

machination please see your MP and contact me ...

tanks for your reading ...

Edited by mosie
Please make posts in english

I'm not sure what the problem is. Could you post a screen capture (picture) to help us understand what is wrong?

If you post a picture, perhaps one of the experts here could help?

Oh--and... welcome to the forum!

I think that the fog distance (view distance) is determined by the render engine, and I think in sacred it is hardcoded as it is not a crucial game element, as it for instance be in an FPS.

Regards :D

thanks for your help

yes fog ; view distance augmentation.

I cry its possible modifi this distance in option.txt I think its possible ; but its possible this rendering is hardcoded .

Its damage , no see at long range the land ...

thanks for your help

I cry its possible modifi this distance in option.txt I think its possible ; but its possible this rendering is hardcoded .

You could try editing the line:

fog = 1,

in options.txt, making it equal to 0, but I don't think this will work though, as this probably refers to in-game fog and not the view distance fog.

thanks for your help

You could try editing the line:

fog = 1,

in options.txt, making it equal to 0, but I don't think this will work though, as this probably refers to in-game fog and not the view distance fog.

Yes, this is just the in-game foglayer of some areas. Not the render-frontier fog.

Yes, this is just the in-game foglayer of some areas. Not the render-frontier fog.

Yes I have already try IT, It certenely a 3D motor efect . aarrffff

• 1 month later...
If you were able to find the texture file for the fog, then your could simply replace it with an empty file.

But I do not know if, or where this file is located.

thanx I'll look for it!

What is the purpose? Do you want to see more on screen or just where the enemies are? If its just enemies, have you tried using more visibility gear as the more you have on, the more fog is cleared as you run into areas and you can see enemies from a greater distance on the mini map.