Would Sacred 3 be an awesome Mmorpg?

I don't want to see S3 as an MMO... but that's selfishness on my part. I have played many a MMO out there and I ALWAYS come back to Sacred eventually. It's re-playability over and over, the fun in exploring every inch of such a vast world and being different every time you play it due to the myriad of possible builds is part of its charm. I have been a die-hard fan of Sacred since S1 was first released.

I personally only play Sacred in SP mode and like having that option. Although since joining this forum recently and you all being so friendly and helpful has tempted me to maybe try MP sometime. I tried once to get it to work but failed and have yet to try again. I have played most of the popular MMO's out there. I spent many years on one in a community and I love my online friends, but...I get tired of the 'tudes in MMO's (most especially endgame)and its always a pleasure to come back to Sacred where I don't have to deal with random cranky players (being nice here).

In short... I play for fun and lots of people in MMO's forget that its a just game and it's supposed to be fun. I guess I wouldn't mind if maybe they improved the MP... but I'm not really sure how it would work.

I do know that whatever happens... I will be buying it.

• 1 month later...

I do know that whatever happens... I will be buying it.

Hey kiyeri!

lol, I think I will express complete agreement on that sentiment.

This is the part of us, as real fans, that we just accept huh ^^ Indeed, no matter how the third installment on the franchise is expressed, we'll be there!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

S3 would NEVER be an mmo because they could never balance the classes properly for that kind of gaming environment. MMO games are about group or guild type objectives and each class usually has a certain role. The sacred series had none of that since it was pretty much just a hack and slash rpg/adventure game.

Fully agreed. I hate MMOs, the grind in them are amazingly boring it's hilarious and the quests have even worse meaning than in hack'n'slash games. However, I certainly hope they focus on small group fighting in multiplayer, like 4 to 16 people, so that a larger community could grow (thus more sales are done, devs could help the community with what's wrong and then have enough profit for a next installment.) Another reason for MMO only is that it requires internet connection and that's horrible for niché RPG styles especially when there's a Single Player section and of course no mod tools available.

It'd also have different mechanics.

Like, if it's a MMORPG, then you have to pay for it at the start? Like WoW? Or, play for free, and buy membership if you wish, like Runescape...

These little things all add up, and just wouldn't suit the typical Sacred game style.

The way as it is now, I am satisfied with, so should you!

An option for multi player, or single player... But making it solely one of those, like solely multi player would ruin a lot.

• 4 months later...

Never a MMORPG please, I dont like those.

well, I like Guild Wars and Maple Story, but those arent really MMORPGs - one is just an competitive online RPG much more similar to single player ARPGs, and the other is a side scrolling platform game with levels and character development.

If anything ruins a video game for me, its not being able to play it on my own either with my own character or with a team of characters / AI (Baldurs Gate, Diablo and Sacred series are my favorites, I dont want this genre hit with the MMORPG, aka moron stick).

Edited by bhav
  • 7 months later...

is sacred3 out yet:) :Just_Cuz_21:

Soon friend... 2013!

And what a great topic this was. I'm glad they opted out of the MMO path, and it's going to be something we're a little more familiar with... good ole arpg, with ridonculous rides and Bleepin battles!

:lol:

gogo

• 1 year later...

I had been a lurker in this forum for years but now I decided to say some two cents.

I'm super uber happy Sacred is not an MMO.

But my reasoning for not wanting it would be as such.

1). I played various RPGs some of the MMO type and my latest one was DC's DCU Online.

I loved it every bit of that game was so super and I created a char I liked the way I wanted. But unbeknownst to me, I had no idea what I was getting into! I quit playing it! Why?

I hate it it I had to force my Blue Jayce into a class specific char to play with others! Every update nerfed my girl into not being able to do the simple regular missions buy my self. I was forced to get help, revamp powers, my character died and I never was the same. Yeah I struggled and found bits of fun here and there. But all in all I lost the war. That ladies and gentlemen killed all the fun out of it for me.

There are also many things to complain, I hated so many updates, why?! Always merging powers? Sure not fair in pvp ok I understand, but having the nerf affect the campaign? Really?! I understand the basic principle, multiplayer, then why offer single player?

Lots to do but unable to achieve it?

I'm dumb founded right now I can't think straight so sad. But oh well. I love sacred cause I have freedom albeit limited but in ah be freedom. No limit on how many different possibilities to play with. I downloaded sacred 1 & underworld & 2 to my PC I have dragon origins 1&2 and various other RPGs. I even have old schools. Sorry for my ranting and punctuation and what not. I. Currently making my own seraphim built with what I like and such. Thanks you all for all the wonderful post I' very read over the years and builds. I have had a hard time choosing builds that I have two account both my PS3's that I have built almost all of them! I couldn't help myself plus some of my own builds.

Great first post! The kind of creativity that Sacred franchise has let players create is one of the strengths of the game. There are a few hard numbers that are kind of immovable, but the rest are open to our own imaginations. I'd think that an attempt to get this to a mmo would have that sacrificed, and it all the options and possibilities that we've gotten to love would be wiped.

Welcome to DarkMatters CarlosCornelio!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as the single player game remains intact, I would not mind an mmo mode. I think the main focus should be on the single player experience as mmo quests tend to fall into the kill so many spiders and return to quest giver type. There were enough quests like that in the games already!

• 2 weeks later...

Well all I gotta say, is that if they are not going to have a Sacred 3 that lives up to the reputation and quality of game play that it's two predecessors have had, with all of the fun, excitement of exploration and adventure that the first two had. I think I'll just go out into the desert of Khorad Nur and let the dragon eat me because I have no will to live now. :(