This Pure Devout Build viable at high level?

Hey guys, I am liking this build so far at level 19 just wondering if it would be viable at high level.

Devout Guardian Focus

Armor Lore

Tactics Lore

Sword Weapons

Warding Energy Lore

Concentration

Combat Discipline

Constitution

Toughness

Speed Lore

I am focusing on Deathly Spears/Battle Extension

Stam 25%-Strength 75%

Any ideas on my skill choices or anything for that matter?

It is indeed viable at higher levels, and your skill setup look almost like my level 129 boss farmer as only difference is that I took EP over SL and Hafted over Swords.

If you are on PC Ice and Blood I would suggest going for pure willpower as it adds quite alot of shield power to your T-Shroud.

It is indeed viable at higher levels, and your skill setup look almost like my level 129 boss farmer as only difference is that I took EP over SL and Hafted over Swords.

If you are on PC Ice and Blood I would suggest going for pure willpower as it adds quite alot of shield power to your T-Shroud.

I don't have Ice and Blood. Maybe I should take Ep over Speed Lore. If you take all Willpower don't you miss with melee alot?

• 2 months later...

I started a Devout utility TG yesterday. I use the community patch. Everything has gone smoothly so far.

Expert Touch

Attributes: all Willpower (so far.) I figured that would help with both the shield and resists.

Currently, he has these skills levels before skill boosters:

Devout Focus (Max)

Armor (1)

Tactics (Max)

Sword (1)

Warding Energy (1)

Smith (5)

Bargaining (pumping this to max)

Planned skills:

Toughness

Constitution ?

Combat Discipline (for deathly spears)

Combat Arts:

First, I wanted to get some survivabiilty so I took these for the first three mods:

T Energy Shield: Power mod. This gave a good boost to the shield for early survivability

Combat Alert: Barricade, Reposte. Again, survivability.

Now with early defense taken care of it was time for some offense.

Deathly Spears: Gore, Occult, Jab

I ate enough runes to get three waves very soon. At this point in his life, my TG uses DS and the Battle Extention passive as his only attacks. With a bit of regeneration per hit you can get away with a high cooldown for DS.

With DS fully modded it was time to finsith moding the T Energy Shield. He took the Reduction mod next. His next mod will be the Reflection mod. At that point he will keep the focus maxed and pump everything into Bargaining until that is maxed to level.

Edited by Grumpy Old Wizard

Hi Grumpy,

I have some tips for this build:

* for T-Energy shield pick Derogate instead of Power - Derogate with Tactics inflict decent magic damage and weaks enemies in close combat radius. At higher level Power mod can be replaced by one amulet with +shield energy.

* for Combat Alert pick Assault instead of Barricade - for Niob, you will need tenthousands of attack value. Reflect from Riposte substitute a lack of defense.

Every 25lvl of Combat Alert give you 5seconds of duration.

combatalert.jpg

* for Deathly Spears pick Singe instead of Occult. Fire damage is better due to DoT possible (damage diverzification via Derogate/Singe).

* think about Damage Lore skill - it works perfect with TG, but need to be mastered.

Just my opinion. Good hunting:-)

vaclaf

Hello Grumpy,

yes, I think pick DL instead of Constitution is good choice, but there is one but:-) and its about planning your build - whats your goal for shopper/smither?

Shopper needs max. points investment in Bargaining, Smither 1 or mastery (and Niob diff.). My point is - Damage Lore - to be really effectivness - needs to be mastered. And if I count : Devout, Tactics, Warden, Bargain, (Toughness/Smith), Damage Lore. It is fifth or sixth mastered skill, it means you will be able use power of this skill around -+ level 95 or 110. So, If you dont plan reach that high level, dont pick Damage Lore.

I am going to max bargaining but keep blacksmith at 5 pionts. My Devout utility guardian will be used to provide for a source warden and a lost fusion guardian. so I'll be playing a lot of temple guardians for a while! I figured the utility skills would fit less painfully on a melee TG and leave my magic guardians free for other skills.

I took the devout TGA I had already started to level 34 today farming the wild boar. That maxed out his bargaining hard points at his level. With +skills he has more than twice his level in bargaining so he is all set to provide some early gear for TGs in the future. I have a good selection of low TG set items.