What's your official Sacred 2 Ping - MP ONLY please

With a 1.5 mbit connection in Varna, Bulgaria, my ping varies from 720 to 1060. On the average, it's around 930-940.

EDIT: Hmmm. That last few runs have shown a significant drop in the response times. I got down to about 410 ms ping. I guess it's all about the traffic?

Edited by Dobri
With a 1.5 mbit connection in Varna, Bulgaria, my ping varies from 720 to 1060. On the average, it's around 930-940.

EDIT: Hmmm. That last few runs have shown a significant drop in the response times. I got down to about 410 ms ping. I guess it's all about the traffic?

Yeah, local traffic seems to make a huge difference, I get approx. 1k normally, but at night when everyone is using their net, I get the same sorta results as in my last post.

lol...Ive seen something similar to that before...makes you wonder how the ping value is actually calculated...

The ping was correct. Sometimes I have bigger lags because of an UMTS connection. :)

lol...Ive seen something similar to that before...makes you wonder how the ping value is actually calculated...

The ping was correct. Sometimes I have bigger lags because of an UMTS connection. :)

That was a correct ping:) Wow...1,327,881 is huge for ping...thats 1328 seconds basically...or just over 22minutes...it cant be right, you would have to drop out before it got that bad. If I ever get over 30000 ping I usually drop out so 1million ...I dont know how you could stay connected.

The ping was correct. Sometimes I have bigger lags because of an UMTS connection. :D

That was a correct ping? Wow...1,327,881 is huge for ping...thats 1328 seconds basically...or just over 22minutes...it cant be right, you would have to drop out before it got that bad. If I ever get over 30000 ping I usually drop out so 1million ...I dont know how you could stay connected.

I only drop out from the server when the internet is disconnected. At this time it was just very very slow. I just entered "net ping" into the console during the lag and went to do some other things and when I came back I saw the ping. :twitch: But normally the ping isn't that high.

Edited by Slevin

yesterday I did some ping tests, and ended up with mostly 109 ping

never lower, 2 times above 150.

If we bring all these results together we'll end up concluding that the servers are in Belgium :D

And I hit a new lowest ping this morning. Very few people were on the servers and the ping went down to 234. Pretty nice :D

• 6 months later...

Ghastly ping

What happens when you get into a server with pings like that. Are you able to swig properly, do things die quickly enough? If you're "comfy" with the way the game reacts and have a decent convo with us at same time, come into HC servers now if you want and I can get you a mount and money, runes etc.

:)

gogo

These ping times seem insanely high for Sacred 2. What makes them so high? Playing other games (Guild Wars for example) I get ping between 100-200 most of the time on a wireless connection. Wired is even lower.

Could be anything...crappy ping calculation, crappy servers, crappy multiplayer connection optimisation/network settings, busy in the parts of the world you/the servers are, huge distance to travel.

Dreeft and I are in aus and since the servers are in germany...ping levels are never gonna be great, distance will probably play the biggest part in the outcome.

These ping times seem insanely high for Sacred 2. What makes them so high? Playing other games (Guild Wars for example) I get ping between 100-200 most of the time on a wireless connection. Wired is even lower.

Could be anything...crappy ping calculation, crappy servers, crappy multiplayer connection optimisation/network settings, busy in the parts of the world you/the servers are, huge distance to travel.

Dreeft and I are in aus and since the servers are in germany...ping levels are never gonna be great, distance will probably play the biggest part in the outcome.

The more Kudos for you guys for sticking with the game! :thumbsup:

Greetz

Ghastly ping

What happens when you get into a server with pings like that. Are you able to swig properly, do things die quickly enough? If you're "comfy" with the way the game reacts and have a decent convo with us at same time, come into HC servers now if you want and I can get you a mount and money, runes etc.

:)

gogo

Thank you for the offer, I will most definetly take you up on it over the weekend if possible. Also you guys being in NA means my ping will be better if we play when it is afternoon over there. I don't mind playing from 11pm+ cause thats the best time for wow and other games as well ;)

I read this topic last night. Which brought me to runing [2] tests.

Last Night:

~640

~936

~764

~702

~624

Tonight:

~609

~562... :D

~687

~640

~951... :o

@ ~951. Our server is only 350 miles away & Im coming back with these numbers. Seems Wack!

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian