In scotland its typcailly 'Awww for ******** ******** thing is **&*^ **** and **&(*&^ you &**^&^ damnit'

er ... how did the 'damnit' get in there. I doubt if the Scots would use it ... too English.

OK, back to thread. (OMG Silearth is it really as bad as that?) :cry:

I HATE people who can't string three words together without swearing. Seems they only know about 5% of the English language. The worst offender here is an American woman, who no doubt wonders why the local fairly middle-class Brits do not find her company welcome. That is also the reason I never watch un-censored modern American films; I got so tired of hiring videos and switching them off after about 5 minutes because of the language. No doubt ordinary common conversational language over there, but not acceptable in my old-fashioned book.

There are other things I HATE ... but it would be socially and politically incorrect these days to say so! :4rofl:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes! I have to say as an american myself, I work with a lot of generally minimum wage workers with few opportunities for anything better, and my biggest turn-off as a supervisor is an employee that only knows a half dozen 4-letter words and nothing else.

I can only say its laziness. I know they had a chance to learn a few more words than that in school. they are just to lazy to think of a more appropriate word.

Its like when you want to sing a song but don't know the words, so you fill in with a few la la la's and na na na's. Same here but they choose vulgar words instead.

I am no prude, I can swear as well as anyone, but there is a right time and place for everything and I think there are a lot of people that just don't understand that.

In scotland its typcailly 'Awww for ******** ******** thing is **&*^ **** and **&(*&^ you &**^&^ damnit'

er ... how did the 'damnit' get in there. I doubt if the Scots would use it ... too English.

OK, back to thread. (OMG Silearth is it really as bad as that?) :cry:

I HATE people who can't string three words together without swearing. Seems they only know about 5% of the English language. The worst offender here is an American woman, who no doubt wonders why the local fairly middle-class Brits do not find her company welcome. That is also the reason I never watch un-censored modern American films; I got so tired of hiring videos and switching them off after about 5 minutes because of the language. No doubt ordinary common conversational language over there, but not acceptable in my old-fashioned book.

There are other things I HATE ... but it would be socially and politically incorrect these days to say so! :4rofl:

Im with you on this one...its just soo annoying, and all its doing is lowering other peoples opinion of them yet they do it because they think its tough or something....sigh...I find myself agreeing with you too much...can't be to healthy since you're a pom and I'm an aussie...maybe its because my mums english...

PS. We're gonna win the ashes!

Bleh, I have to admit that my typical speech contains a lot of swearing. Its out of habit and just a form of communication, something bad happens? I say ****, or that ******* thing... I obviously know when to refrain, and I am fairly articulate when I choose to be. I guess its just the company I had for a large part of my life, now its habit, and they're only words to me.

Bondbug, I was hoping no one would notice the 'damnit' was out of place, I did, but decided to leave it in as a comical finish to the string of expletives :P

Ok my turn, I HATE judgemental people. You know, the kind of person who judges you because you said the word ****? Lol, just j/k guys ;) but serious about the judgemental thing.

PS. We're gonna win the ashes!

OFF THREAD! OFF THREAD! POLITICAL! RACIST! Gonna complain! :P

What the hell am I talking about. I gave up the English team when that oaf Larwood introduced body-line bowling. It is supposed to be a skilful sport, not total war. Good luck to you laddie, don't get your corks in a knot. :)

Whoops. I got family in Australia, mustn't put their lives at risk.

P.S. I once met an on-tour Australian rugby international in a pub in Lewes (Sussex) when I was a student. Bought him a beer and ran for my life. Like fuelling a tank.

Oh whoops again! What was the thread?

Oh yes. "judgemental". Is that like people who make up their minds what they are going to think before they even try/encounter it. If they are included in your list Rusto I am with you. :)

Edited by Bondbug

Swearing, kids slang, ... having 5 kids who span 12 years I sometimes feel like needing a dictionary to understand my own language.

How you call these tattoos just above the buttocks? Tramps Stamps or more political correct lower back tattoo's ?

In german we call them 'Arschgeweih' (slang for buttock antlers). So 3 weeks ago my oldest told a girl in her class Arschgeweihexhibitionistin. I translated it myself into: the girl was wearing her pants and underwear in a way that her tattoos were visible in the most advantagous way(exhibition). And that probably a boy my daughter likesd couldn't keep his eyes away from the girls buttocks.....

German and the long words we can do, even works with insults.

Ah Tim lad, it is tough being an Eisensteinium. :)

We have a French rugby championship final tonight on the TV ... and I can't watch it. Gone bloody digital here, and with the microscopic amount of TV we watch we could not justify the purchase of a modem. I don't see why we should be forced to fork out for that stuff when steam telly was perfectly good. And I refuse to go to the bar to watch it on a Saturday night - full of drunks trying to be pally ... in French. Pass that damned phrase book over here will you luv.

Grumpy. :bow:

Swearing, kids slang, ... having 5 kids who span 12 years I sometimes feel like needing a dictionary to understand my own language.

How you call these tattoos just above the buttocks? Tramps Stamps or more political correct lower back tattoo's ?

In german we call them 'Arschgeweih' (slang for buttock antlers). So 3 weeks ago my oldest told a girl in her class Arschgeweihexhibitionistin. I translated it myself into: the girl was wearing her pants and underwear in a way that her tattoos were visible in the most advantagous way(exhibition). And that probably a boy my daughter likesd couldn't keep his eyes away from the girls buttocks.....

German and the long words we can do, even works with insults.

At least your daughter has the good sense not to ask for her own "tramp stamp".

What I hate is grinding away at level 116 on Niobium testing out a SW trying to get the Blind Guardian Guitars to make music ...... And after stepping into the Octogamus cave the lightning storm outside kills the power. Pc is down, Internet down, boredom up, what the he'll did I used to do before having a pc?

My fridge/freezer stopped working tonight, I didnt realise until freezer section was almost completely thawed. So I decided to cook a pizza tonight and worry about the meats tomorrow. Changing the fuze did nothing, I thought it might me the defrost timer after overheating. but the light wasnt coming on. Then eventually I tried one last thing, pulled the thing out for like the 8th time, and plugged into a different socket.... bingo. *longdrawnoutsigh*

Wow, this is getting good.

Pants on the ground, lower lower back tats and foul language.

I've said all I will say on the pants, but I am getting pretty sick of beautiful women walking around with tattoos. I live in the high desert and it seems to be the norm--other than bodies washing up in heavy rains out here.

Foul language--I have to work on that one, though I am capable of some pretty creative prose.

@Rusto: I would try out to find the reason why one of your sockets is dead. Failure in electricity are the main reason that we firefighters are called. Sometimes a cable is damaged inside the wall and giving no contact at cold weather but at a heat there is suddenly contact again and sparks could appear at the broken place.

Merde, I do hard in explaining tech stuff in english with my lack of vocabulary.

Control the screws which connect the cables to the socket: Are they all having good contact?

If yes

Control the screws which connect the cables in the junction box. Are they all having good contact?

If yes :remove the cables leading to the non-functional socket at the junction box and isolate the ends. The problem must be between the socket and the box inside the wall.

Loose contact-screws inside a junction-box often result in this:

1554727.jpg

Edited by chattius
@Rusto: I would try out to find the reason why one of your sockets is dead. Failure in electricity are the main reason that we firefighters are called. Sometimes a cable is damaged inside the wall and giving no contact at cold weather but at a heat there is suddenly contact again and sparks could appear at the broken place.

Merde, I do hard in explaining tech stuff in english with my lack of vocabulary.

Control the screws which connect the cables to the socket: Are they all having good contact?

If yes

Control the screws which connect the cables in the junction box. Are they all having good contact?

If yes :remove the cables leading to the non-functional socket at the junction box and isolate the ends. The problem must be between the socket and the box inside the wall.

Loose contact-screws inside a junction-box often result in this:

1554727.jpg

Thanks for the warning, would suck to die in a house fire when I'm moving out of here in a few weeks....

inglorious achievement:

my very first root canal treatment..

didn't knew I just underwent that procedure at first, when the doc finally finished - and told me so.

cool. they're most likely the ones that need to be pulled completely,

can cause various infections&disease spreading all across the body..

..and when the day finally comes where the rest of the ruined tooth is gone,

that 'bridge' im gonna need then - will get me some nice financial problems .

causing headache already (oh wait maybe thats the treatment from today)

got too careless, since the doc always told me how impressed he was by the good condition and dental material we inherited

from our ancestors (whole family visits same doc)

it's too late to say 'if I only were a little bit more disciplined reg. dental care..'

because this, I should've done too, any doc will tell you that as well :)

btw, the affected tooth is the maxilliary first molar,

advanced tooth decay just at a blind spot very hard to reach (if, at all.. other tooth is too close no space between)

it didnt even really 'hurt' permanently before the surgery, just a very very strange feeling and sensitive to pressure/hot-cold

(proplems during lunch, but 'pain' - if you could call it that- always was fading away quickly once finished, after few minutes)

routine-check was overdue tho, and he found this.. (had a feeling he would, just exactly where he did)

normally I go biannual, this time it's been a year or so.

Edited by Rotluchs

I had 'partially impacted' wisdom teeth removed when I was 22. That meant the teeth weren't coming out right... not enough room in the jaw for all those teeth!

Now, I wish I'd had my regular teeth removed back there, and then let the wisdom teeth come out.. and then get them put in proper place. They'd've been healthy and not full of cavities (filled now with metal).

So: root canal. Strange that they didn't find that on the xrays... unless, they don't go xrays in Austria. Here, they xray your teeth once every 2 years.

Be glad you didn't have what happened to my Mom: When our 'new and greedy' dentist re-did all our (kids) fillings... he also re-did all Mom's. Mom really needed it. Really. He uncovered rot under her fillings... which were real old. Old fillings were always "temporary" 5 to 15 years. She'd had hers for like, 20 or 30. Imagine your dentist drilling and then suddenly your mouth is full of horrible rotten smell... and it's you!

*shudders!*

So: sympathy on the root canal. My metal teeth got replaced with Caps. 3 teeth...3 caps. Very painful when they put the new 'cap' on... it is done without anaesthetic. Yeow! Still, I've been told: Caps are less painful than root canals!

What I hate is having to come into work 6 hours early. I should still be in bed sleepin. Good news I get out early, so can get online and find mischief ingame.

What *I* hate, is having to get to airports 3 hours before your plane even boards! It's the worst when you're leaving friends/family, too, cause then you're sitting around brooding, wondering why you have to sit behind security for 3 hours, when you could be spending those last moments with them.

*le sigh*