Thank You SO Much Furian!

Furian, as I said before it's hard to elaborate just how much the gift you sent me means to me. Of course I knew that it was coming because you told me about it but knowing didn't change my delight at all. I wasn't expecting the quality you sent me at all. The fact is that I've never printed anything I've made before with the exception of the draft map I printed using average print paper must of us use at home. Rather than just talk about the present I'd like to show it instead.

gogo really set it up well. Big credit to gogo for receiving and skillfully placing the package!

This is what I saw that marvelous day when Furian's gift arrived. I can say with certainty that my face completely lit up at the sight.

;)

arrived.jpg

Shortly after that pic, (in an instant! ^^), I carefully opened the side of the parcel and peered inside. There were several sheets inside and while minding the sticky tape of the packaging I slowly slid the sheets out making sure to not let the sticky tape touch the prints. Someone was way ahead of me though because as soon as I could see some of the sheets I noticed that the printed sides of the sheets were already carefully protected by a dummy sheet. Good thinking Furian! ;) With all eight 12x18 inch sheets now out of their packaging I discarded the dummy sheet to reveal a page from the printed map and what I saw was just amazing. It never occured to me in all this time and talk of printing the map to do so on High Gloss Paper. :o The map is a completely different thing altogether when printed on high gloss. I had NO idea. Colours are far more vibrant and even colour matching seems to be much better on high gloss. To say the least I was completely enthralled by the quality. For the first day I just carried them around the apartment to look at them in different lighting, lol. Just amazing!

A few of the pages laid out. Not the greatest capture from the camera I used but you can get the idea.

top-3-map-pieces.jpg

I will never ever print something meaningful on regular printing paper again. It's just too good what high gloss paper can do for prints as I have now learned. Thanx to you Furian! I took a few more pics of one of the sheets, (read as: several dozens, ha!) to try and really capture how nice the high gloss prints look. It doesn't quite do it justice but I think you'll be able to get a feel for the quality from these shots. Honestly, they look even better in real life!

q3.jpg

gogo used this one as his desktop background. He loves it!

q1.jpg

dt.jpg

Not only did you treat us with a gift Furian but you also showed me something I never knew could be with printing and I'm so very grateful. :) It's a lot of fun getting something in the mail but this wasn't just any something. It was something near and dear to me. In a way, my own creativity brought to life in a way/quality I did not know was possible. Thank you! It's awesome! In fact I found it so inspiring that I've been working dilegently on the map's revisions. In fact you may not even recognize it, haha. I've added quite a lot. I've managed to combine elements from the Boss Map and Dungeon Map into a single map so that it contains all the "need to know" things in Ancaria with a lot of descriptive dialogue boxes. The prints you gave me Furian really came in handy while I was working away on the map in Photoshop. Every detail has been cross checked with the prints you sent to me so as to ensure the best clarity.

I can't thank you enough Furian. It is such a wonderful gift! :P

I'm eagerly awaiting news from a friend of mine in the arts on how best to mount them. :P

Revised map will be available on Thursday but for now here's a sample. ^^

IceBlood-Map-Sample.jpg

Wow, you honor me. You are most welcome Schot! :P The amount of time and effort you have put into this work of art is truelly amazing. It was the least I could do for everything you, Gogo and the rest of the DarkMatters family has done for me. Everyone has been so good to Loco and I since we converted to PC from the Xbox. I'm glad I was able to help contribute to your endeavor. I'm glad you like it. ;)

I'll be waiting for the revised addition! From the little tease of a pic of Christmas Island it looks like the revision will be awesome.

ps that about used up all my big words for the week, gotta give my brain a break now :P

I'm glad I was able to help contribute to your endeavor. I'm glad you like it. ;)

I'll be waiting for the revised addition! From the little tease of a pic of Christmas Island it looks like the revision will be awesome.

ps that about used up all my big words for the week, gotta give my brain a break now :P

You certainly did contribute to the map. I really would never have done what I did in the past few days on the map had I not seen those prints. I probably would have just re-sized some of the text and have been done with it. Just days before I got your prints I was saying to gogo that the map had become such a chore that I just wanted to be done with it. Like any piece of art there is always room for improvement. There comes a point in art where the creator must simply be satisfied with what has materialized and let it go even when they know there is still much that could be improved upon. I think gogo calls them "realistic deadlines", lol. Something which I'm terrible with. ^^ Granted the map is a hobby and with a hobby it can go on forever which is at times a blessing and at others a burden, heh. Your prints turned my burden into a blessing Furian. :P

Ok, no more big words. Time to lay my head down, haha. ;)

Thats awesome looking stuff! Great map design by schot! And awesome printing detail organised by furian! Awesome! And now you're changing the map even more...onto bigger and better things! That preview does look good I must say. Keep up the work :P

Very good work ! Wonderful ! :P

Very nice indeed, Shot. Keep in Mind, that christmas island is also a part of the CM-Patch and I would be grateful if this Information might find its way into the nice little textbox. ;)

Cheers guys! :)

Very good work ! Wonderful ! :)

Very nice indeed, Shot. Keep in Mind, that christmas island is also a part of the CM-Patch and I would be grateful if this Information might find its way into the nice little textbox. ;)

I'll gladly add that info czevak. :) Is the Christmas Island - Reloaded patch obsolete now since the CM Patch includes it? Do you think I should just mention the CM Patch in that text box or would mentioning both be best?

Thanx!

The map looks awesome! I'd really like to have a map like this.

Max

You know I would love to offer it out to members, but honestly the postage cost alone is a bit daunting. For what it cost Furian to mail that package to Montreal you could probably find a local copy shop like Fedex Kinko's to print you a copy from a flash drive. Although they probably don't have the commercial grade aqueous coater that made that nice glossy shine.

cheers

Cheers guys! :)

Very good work ! Wonderful ! :)

I'll gladly add that info czevak. :) Is the Christmas Island - Reloaded patch obsolete now since the CM Patch includes it? Do you think I should just mention the CM Patch in that text box or would mentioning both be best?

Thanx!

Yes one might consider it obsolete, but there might still be people who want only this one, so we keep it on the servers. But just including the cm-patch would be best I think. Thank you. ;)

Ok, good point czevak. I'll mention the both then. :)

The map looks awesome! I'd really like to have a map like this.

Max

You know I would love to offer it out to members, but honestly the postage cost alone is a bit daunting. For what it cost Furian to mail that package to Montreal you could probably find a local copy shop like Fedex Kinko's to print you a copy from a flash drive. Although they probably don't have the commercial grade aqueous coater that made that nice glossy shine.

cheers

*feels spoiled* ;)

Ooooooh. Aqueous Coater! Thanx for that lil tid bit of info loco. :D Very interesting what I've learned about it. Very affordable and durable. I'll be sure to ask about coating types at my local print shop.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hey just got 4 copies of the 42x42 made just like the first one. When I get home I'll get them layed out to get a look at the changes you made.

Very nice, much easier to read. I like the shading much better than the original. And the border will make this map better to frame.

Wow! That's some great quality work right there! The prints look amazing, and it seems like something you'd buy at the store to go with the game!

Congrats and great work, on both sides (creation and printing) - it's a fantastic final product <3

I just noticed this topic, and now I want to print it out in some huge resolution and use it to fill the wall in front of my pc, but I think it'll cost me a bit much :)

Very nice, much easier to read. I like the shading much better than the original. And the border will make this map better to frame.

Awesome Furian and thanx for the feedback. :) I think I'll use the torn frame on the JPG version and the solid frame for the print version. Easiest that way I think.

Wow! That's some great quality work right there! The prints look amazing, and it seems like something you'd buy at the store to go with the game!

Congrats and great work, on both sides (creation and printing) - it's a fantastic final product <3

Thank you! :)

I just noticed this topic, and now I want to print it out in some huge resolution and use it to fill the wall in front of my pc, but I think it'll cost me a bit much :(

There "should" be a very affordable way for you to do it which was the first option I tried a few months ago. Ask your local print shop how much a basic colour print would cost on regular paper. You can use the print job I'm preparing to print out the whole map in several pieces and then tape together. Worked out well on the one I tried and it cost me under 5 dollars. :)

And when will we be able to get our hands on the NEW and Improved Map, Shot? ;)

With some luck, tomorrow! :) I just need to tweak it a bit.

• 10 months later...

Schot thanks for mergin my topic from earlier with this one. I will also be anticipating the new map so I can take it somewhere to get printed. I got the perfect spot right next to my cpu for it. plenty of room too.

Schot thanks for mergin my topic from earlier with this one. I will also be anticipating the new map so I can take it somewhere to get printed. I got the perfect spot right next to my cpu for it. plenty of room too.

I only got to see this great thread due to your post reviving it lildozer74.

For that I say many thanks.

I would like to know the best place to get the highest quality download for your latest version of the map including the Ice and Blood expansion, please schot.

I would like to get a high quality enlarged print of your fantastic work. I have a space in my gaming den that is just begging for it ;)

ah hahaha...I remember when we got this package in the mail. What an amazing surprise! Furian just about took Christmas and stuck it in our mailbox that day.

When we started to unroll the maps it was pretty much silent. Was like looking at our game in a completely different light. You only realize how beautiful the work Ascaron did was when the world is near perfectly huge like that. Schot says that no other gaming company has made a map this good for a game yet.

:)

gogo

Have you guys figured out how to get it framed? Think I still have a few 42X42 copies left, saving one for me once I find out how to get to trimmed properly and framed up.

Ah, this topic puts such a big smile on my face. The pics on the first page are a nice sampling but it's so much more amazing.

My pleasure lildozer. I realized after doing so that you've been inquiring about this for a long time. I'm sorry to make you wait so long but rest assured I'll put something out today. Even if it means it's only 99.999999% perfect. ^^

I only got to see this great thread due to your post reviving it lildozer74.

For that I say many thanks.

I would like to know the best place to get the highest quality download for your latest version of the map including the Ice and Blood expansion, please schot.

I would like to get a high quality enlarged print of your fantastic work. I have a space in my gaming den that is just begging for it ;)

Best place will be posted soon and I'll be sure to update this topic when the time comes. Thanx stubbs. :)

ah hahaha...I remember when we got this package in the mail. What an amazing surprise! Furian just about took Christmas and stuck it in our mailbox that day.

When we started to unroll the maps it was pretty much silent. Was like looking at our game in a completely different light. You only realize how beautiful the work Ascaron did was when the world is near perfectly huge like that. Schot says that no other gaming company has made a map this good for a game yet.

:)

gogo

Haha, Oh I remember. I think I was carrying them around most of the day to hold them up against different lighting and holding a Sacred 2 Map photo shoot, lol. I was just in awe. :D

Have you guys figured out how to get it framed? Think I still have a few 42X42 copies left, saving one for me once I find out how to get to trimmed properly and framed up.

Sadly I still haven't found a solution Furian. I did go to two different framing shops and both quoted at about $200 bucks. Simply because of the size. Though now that this has come up again I'm I might be able to find a solution at a local Home Depot/Reno Depot type store. Maybe they have some kind of framing kits there...

P.s.

For those who plan to print the map you should look into what loco mentioned. Coating. The Aqueous Coater makes a world of difference for this kind of a print. You basically want high gloss paper that is coated while printing. You'll need to call around your area to find out. If there's nothing local then it might be a good idea to try an online printing service that will deliver to your area at a reasonable price.