Yet another tricky magic staff build (plan)

tapir

Firstly I would like to thank yourself for this build concept, which I'm developing slowly between doing other builds.

I do have a couple of questions;

Skills & skill points

4. Dual Wield (either I'll leave it at level 1 or give some points, maybe 1/5 of char level) (1 point)

Why take this pick ? Do you still get the staffaddon with a staff in the right-hand and say a sword in the left-hand ? I get the fact that you'll get some slot benefits from the left hand. Does this weapon work in right click attacks in conjunction with the staff ability. If I chose not to take this what skill would you replace with it ?

Combat Arts

Ruthless Mutilation

b. Ire (dmg%),

s. Dolor (life leech), the stun mod would be the smarter choice but the red LL lines look cool
:blush:

g. Smolder (+fire dmg)

Would you still go with Dolor or Stun, now that you have probably progressed further with this character.

Many Thanks for your comments.
Firstly I would like to thank yourself for this build concept, which I'm developing slowly between doing other builds.

I do have a couple of questions;

Skills & skill points

4. Dual Wield (either I'll leave it at level 1 or give some points, maybe 1/5 of char level) (1 point)

Why take this pick ?
It gives me three (gold) slots which makes the character more versatile.

Do you still get the staffaddon with a staff in the right-hand and say a sword in the left-hand ?
Yes.

I get the fact that you'll get some slot benefits from the left hand. Does this weapon work in right click attacks in conjunction with the staff ability.
The "remote" staff-attack works with Ruthless Mutilation only. Other Combat Arts (right clicks) work as they would work with Dual Wield, e.g. Callous Execution attacks with both weapons. Still the weapon type or the base damage doesn't matter in the left hand, however other attributes like %LL and all the forged stuff may comes in handy.

If I chose not to take this what skill would you replace with it ?
Hard to answer this question, I should rethink the whole character – for example I wouldn't pick Bargaining and Blacksmith either and that would be a completely different build. ;) Maybe get rid of Nefarious Netherworld Focus too and pick Concentration + Astute Supremacy Focus instead and you can use Reverse Polarity as a second buff.

Would you still go with Dolor or Stun, now that you have probably progressed further with this character.
I'm satisfed with Dolor, enemies die fast anyway so no need to stun them.

---

@Larvi:

Nice! You are luckier than me. :)

• 1 year later...

How about modding combat art Ruthless Mutilation with Frenzy on the gold mod instead of Smolder that adds +fire only, isnt it more benefical having double strike ?

Edited by nomad13

How about modding combat art Ruthless Mutilation with Frenzy on the gold mod instead of Smolder that adds +fire only, isnt it more benefical having double strike ?

Heya, Nomad... I believe I know the answer...

Couple of reasons I belive Tapir took that mod:

1)Predictability - 15% chance for double-strike is not going to happen very often. A bossfight that you proc double-hit 20 times will go differently than one that you only proc the double 4 or 5 times.

2)Synergy with the fire damage mod on PC.

Both minor items, and both mods are good in a general sense; it won't break the toon if you choose one or the other.