Source Warden & E-Shield - level 200 Utility build

As Claudius said, mod Fiery Ember first, at least to increase damage, then mod Charged Grid - use these 2 CAs separately, because of the regen time at low level. You can also do like Spunky, it also work. :)

You can play melee first if you want, but this build is not meant for melee. ^^

Edited by Woody
Bravo Woody! All my weeks of begging you for this build has finally made you crack :sweating:

Thank for publishing. I wanted to say that there has been a shortage of published builds for Ice and Blood lately, and I'm sure the community is curious as to what's toeing the line these day.

You did good here with the formatting, organization...all it's missing is a complimentary poutine for all readers.

Nice work.

;)

gogo

gogo, this build write up fits the bill for our previous conversation about pinned Ice and Blood build guides in the public build library?

Hi, I am new to this forum.

Welcome to the FDM. Enjoy your time here with the family! ;)

I remain, Etherian

• 4 weeks later...

Great Guide Woody! Thats the way to do it!

But one Question:

Full set bonus : +xx% Visibility Range.

Visibility range have a powerfull hidden bonus : it spawns more ennemies everywhere you go ! For Area of Effect chars it helps a lot for fast lvling.

Is this right?! Do you have any kind of evidence or is this more an impression of you?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am a relatively new Sacred 2 Blood and Ice player, so I have a few questions for this build:

1. How many runes to use for each CA? For example, Fiery Ember / Icy evanescence, should I use just 1 rune?

2. What weapons to use? Staffs, pistols, swords?

3. What would be the general gameplay? I mean it works as a caster, or did I understand it wrong?

Please excuse my ignorance, I am new at this.

Thanks.

Hello all,

I am a relatively new Sacred 2 Blood and Ice player, so I have a few questions for this build:

1. How many runes to use for each CA? For example, Fiery Ember / Icy evanescence, should I use just 1 rune?

2. What weapons to use? Staffs, pistols, swords?

3. What would be the general gameplay? I mean it works as a caster, or did I understand it wrong?

Please excuse my ignorance, I am new at this.

Thanks.

Welcome to Sacred 2 and Dark Matters. :D If this is your first character you will want to move blacksmith and bargaining towards the front of the build.

1. Just 1 rune each, at least for a very long time. Use +skill/+CA jewelry to boost your Combart Art and skill levels.

2. Any weapon that gives you mods that you need/slots to put stuff in. There are some good uniques for this. Good mods are lower regeneration, +CA level, +%fire damage, ect. Early on you'll socket runes and +%fire or +%damage jewelry. Oh, and blacksmith arts.

3. Yes, it is a caster build. Cast your fire ember spell and then your charged grid if necessary, as an example. You can also add primal mutation in a combo with each of your area effect spells and have deathly spears in combo with primal mutation to cast while your area effect spells are active.

Edited by Grumpy Old Wizard

Thank you for the reply!

So, correct if I am wrong: I use primarily Fiery Ember than Deathly Spears / Charged Grid to finish off mobs. I also use socketed several lava chunks for conversion to fire, and some rings for +% fire damage. This works perfectly with mobs. The few bosses I have encountered however are very hard: I can't seem to damage neither the White Griffin not the Kobold Chieftain. For bosses I use FE than Jolting Touch, Archimedes Beam, Deathly Spears. Can make enough damage though. Any suggestions for boss fighting using this build?

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Magnific build.

Always I thinked TG are very weak char, I been in big mistake !

I maked TG step by step Woody maked, now I have 30 level and hm, its very nice masskiller.

Only for bosses suck, but thats utility TG not BossRunner ya? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya Woody :bye:

I finally got around to making one of these TG's following your excellent guide.

Is there an order you would recommened taking the masteries? Damage first and armour later, or vice-versa?

Thanks,

Dobs

Hiya Woody :bye:

I finally got around to making one of these TG's following your excellent guide.

Is there an order you would recommened taking the masteries? Damage first and armour later, or vice-versa?

Thanks,

Dobs

Hey Hey Dobster :)

I recommend to master skills in this order :

1st - Source Warden Lore

2nd - Bargaining

3rd - Warding energy Lore

4th - Source warden Focus

5th - Toughness

6th - Devout guardian Focus

7th - Armor Lore

8th - Combat Discipline

9th - Blacksmith

10th - Combat Reflexes

:)

Thanks Woody.

One more little question, if you take concentration instead of CR, would you still master it last? I'm not sure how useful the third buff would be in the earlier levels so maybe it could wait till the last.

Thanks Woody.

One more little question, if you take concentration instead of CR, would you still master it last? I'm not sure how useful the third buff would be in the earlier levels so maybe it could wait till the last.

1st buff : can reflect spells

2nd buff : can reflect melee + add defense

3rd buff : can block ranged attacks

I'll say, it's better to don't pick concentration, as the melee reflect value from battle aura is much more better as a semi-buff. Blocking ranged is not really usefull too, as not a lot of ennemies do ranged attacks. (and most of the ranged attacks don't do a lot of damage :P)

Last point, if you don't add two buffs, you'll not have more regen penalities to your CAs.

Oh dear, too late :whistle:

I'm not a fan of re-casting buffs anyway, it's one of the more annoying things that S1 had.

It's probably best to master Concentration last then or maybe not bother to master it at all. Energy shield and battle aura would probaly be good enough on there own.

Good build Woody. Unfortunately, I'm on consoles so Blacksmith is out and I already have a couple of shoppers so I don't really want to take Bargaining. This allows me to take both CR and Concentration. Now, I have one skill left - I'm torn between Constitution and Spell Resistance, but I've never used Damage Lore on a build either, so maybe that is worth the last slot with Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescence as your main Combat Arts. Any thoughts?

As I don't really know how energy-shield works on console, I'll say yes, for constitution. :)

AFAIK, the only issue with energy shields on the console version is the missing energy indicator.

(Based on my Seraphim experience)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

It seems like very good build for establishing several shopping characters. TG can use Ancient Magic after patch so something has to go... I would say Combat reflexes? By the way is one blacksmith character enough (highest level shopper + blacksmith skill) or do I need several spread across levels like shoppers?

Edited by Watchmaker
  • Like! 1
8 hours ago, Watchmaker said:

It seems like very good build for establishing several shopping characters. TG can use Ancient Magic after patch so something has to go... I would say Combat reflexes? By the way is one blacksmith character enough (highest level shopper + blacksmith skill) or do I need several spread across levels like shoppers?

Hi Watchmaker

Great seeing you on the boards her with the Sacred community at DarkMatters

I remember when the community/clan here was helping to build our network in HC, and yah... there were TG's spread out across the levels so you can just, within level, have your shopping or smithing done, and continue on.

Was a cool community effort at the time

Have fun here with the game and welcome!

gogo