Hero Statues, Mentor's and Alchemy

A long weekend (monday being a celebration day) I wasn't playing sacred at all. I planed to update my german Alchemy guide but had no time to do the tests.

The question is how a hero statue and a mentor work together. It was reported that both- duration and power- are not added but that always the bigger number of the two is taken.

Hero statue: +100% experience rate, 30 seconds

strong mentor in niob: +50% rate, 75seconds

So touching a statue and then drinking a mentor you will get 100% with the 75s duration of a mentor?

Could you get minutes instead seconds of +100% experience rate if having alchemy?

Is alchemy affecting duration of statues? (doubt it, but has to be tested)

I need volunteers for console and pre-addon. And if you don't want to wait one or more weeks, testers for the AddOn too.

If it is really the way that a mentor potion restarts the counter you could touch a statue once and then use 4-5minutes long mentors to keep the 100% all the time?

Good questions Chattius. :)

I took one of our network characters out for a spin to check values and here's what I found.

In Ice and Blood Niobium server character level 160 with Alchemy at 122 with the use of a booster slot.

• Mentor statue provides +100% experience for 30 seconds
  • Mentor Statue + Mentor Pot = 2 separate values listed in Sigma. No effect on each other
  • Alchemy does not effect Mentor Statue duration
  • With no Alchemy a Mentor Potion's duration is constrained to a number of set values (Potion of the Mentor)
  • At 122 Alchemy Mentor Pot duration is(with +skills booster slot active):
    • Light Potion= +50% experience for 101.5 seconds (1 Minute 41.5 Seconds)
    • Potion = +50% experience for 152.3 seconds (2 Minutes 32.3 Seconds)
    • Strong Potion = +50% experience for 190.3 seconds (3 Minute 10.3 Seconds)

As we've seen in Ice and Blood the ability to extend the +100% experience bonus from Mentor Statues with the use of Mentor Potions is no more. Previous to Ice and Blood what could be done was to click on a Mentor Statue to get the +100% experience bonus and then in order to maintain that bonus we must drink a Mentor Potion just before it's set duration ends, Potion of the Mentor, which can be seen by hovering the mouse pointer over a Mentor Potion in the inventory window.

However... Testing has proved interesting. It seems as though the use of a +skills booster slot has lasting effect on Mentor Potion durations. Using a Strong Mentor Potion to test with, the duration of it's bonus is 143.3 Seconds(2 Minutes 32.3 Seconds). When +skills booster slot is active the duration is 190.3 seconds (3 Minute 10.3 Seconds). If I start a Strong Mentor Potion while the +skills booster slot is active AND THEN switch to a non +skills slot(My main attack slot) the Strong Mentor Potion will maintain it's countdown timer as though the +skills booster slot is still active. Basically the countdown timer seems to lock itself at it's starting state no matter what changes happen thereafter...

To test I just did as I said above and then watched my clock. I started the Strong Mentor Potion at 10:57:04am with booster slot active, then switched to non +skills slot, then I cast a CA(for good measure ^^), and then watched my clock. At 11:00:14am the Strong Mentor Potion stopped and equaled 3 minutes and 10 seconds.

Using a booster slot to start a Strong Mentor Potion in this case is giving me an approx. 40 seconds of bonus +50% experience time.

The question on whether an "Alchemized" Mentor Potion could prolong a Mentor Statue bonus is an awesome one and well worth investigation. ^^ Sadly I've got 4 pc's and all are Ice and Blood so I don't think I'll be testing Pre Ice and Blood.

Nice work schot.

I was under the impression that with a mentor statue, a mentor potion did nothing. or is that only if mentor potion is on first? and + XP per kill gear cancels out Mentors?

What I have experianced is that when I have xp per kill socketed and try to use a hero statue no additional xp is gained. This being in Ice and Blood.

What I have experianced is that when I have xp per kill socketed and try to use a hero statue no additional xp is gained. This being in Ice and Blood.

Which is making me (still silver at highest) avoid +XP socketables/items like the plague.

Which is making me (still silver at highest) avoid +XP socketables/items like the plague.

I guess it's a trade off in early levels...lots more experience very briefly or only a bit more all the time, but even in silver it's not too hard to find at least 50% bonus with a few items and it only gets easier in the next difficulties.

Man, Schot, how do you ever find the time to figger all this stuff out. :) Beautiful research here, how bout we skip this up to the wiki asap?

Nice work

:)

gogo

Thanx guys. Wouldn't have found that booster trick had the question not been asked. I guess curiosity doesn't always kill the cat huh. ^^

Not a bad idea gogo. ^^ Which pages you think? There's Alchemy, Mentor Potions, Experience... Any others? Maybe use some details from the Mentor Statues are Broken in Ice & Blood topic too.

So if I read this all correctly,

1. Don't wear any XP per kill gear or jewels

2. Activate the hero statue first to get 100% xp

3. Extend the duration of the 100% by using mentor pots to maintain the "effect".

Ayup! But that only works Pre Ice and Blood. In the Mentor Statues are Broken in Ice & Blood topic gogo mentions an experience build I set up. It wasn't nessearily a build but what I would do when we were playing together was to park a spare character next to the Sloeford mentor statue. Then we'd run a circular tour in the swamp based on the two mentor statues within the southern part of the swamp. In this way we'd always run past a mentor statue about every 10-15 minutes. We could maintain a steady +100% bonus from statues while using potions to prolong it's effect but if by chance I did not drink a mentor potion in time to extend the statue bonus I always had the option of porting to the spare character standing next to the statue in Sloeford to restart the 100% bonus and then port back to gogo in the swamp etc... :pitcher:

Pre Ice and Blood Mentor Potions would stack with experience gear and would not stack with Mentor Statue bonus. In regards to Mentor Statue bonus the Mentor Potions would only extend the statue bonus duration to the potions normal duration and this could be done over and over again. Post Ice and Blood Mentor Potions DO stack with Mentor Statue bonus but are independent values thus one will not effect another. You'll see two separate values in your Sigma. :)

The broken part in Ice and Blood is that experience gear will completely nullify Mentor Statues rendering them useless to a player with a +experience item modifier on their gear. :o

Ayup! But that only works Pre Ice and Blood. In the Mentor Statues are Broken in Ice & Blood topic gogo mentions an experience build I set up. It wasn't nessearily a build but what I would do when we were playing together was to park a spare character next to the Sloeford mentor statue. Then we'd run a circular tour in the swamp based on the two mentor statues within the southern part of the swamp. In this way we'd always run past a mentor statue about every 10-15 minutes. We could maintain a steady +100% bonus from statues while using potions to prolong it's effect but if by chance I did not drink a mentor potion in time to extend the statue bonus I always had the option of porting to the spare character standing next to the statue in Sloeford to restart the 100% bonus and then port back to gogo in the swamp etc... :pitcher:

Pre Ice and Blood Mentor Potions would stack with experience gear and would not stack with Mentor Statue bonus. In regards to Mentor Statue bonus the Mentor Potions would only extend the statue bonus duration to the potions normal duration and this could be done over and over again. Post Ice and Blood Mentor Potions DO stack with Mentor Statue bonus but are independent values thus one will not effect another. You'll see two separate values in your Sigma. :)

The broken part in Ice and Blood is that experience gear will completely nullify Mentor Statues rendering them useless to a player with a +experience item modifier on their gear. :o

So in Ice and Blood I can get 150% by hitting the statue then a mentor pot, but only for a single duration. no extending as in 2.40.

For consoles, the tests are done.

Hero Statues do not work.

Mentor potions stack with +experience gear, as it "should" be. +100% from gear, and use a mentor, the experience per kill goes up by 33%. I :pitcher: math.

Alchemy extends the duraion of Mentor potions... have not tested but I would safely assume that it is consistent with Ice and Blood...

Edited by essjayehm

I think we need to retest the mentor statue plus mentor pot = 150%

I was just in with 0% XP per kill from gear. When I smacked an Ogre with a mentor pot I got 1725 . When I smacked another with a hero statue I got 1725, and when I used the statue and pot and the same time I got 1725 XP. without any boosters is was like 1150 or so.

? maybe it was just me but real xp in the field didn't add up.

So the trick would be just for old Sacred2, w/o AddON and not working on consoles.

The booster slots could be useful for trophies before you do boss fights.

So another thing on my ToDo-list checked, thanks people.

I was just in with 0% XP per kill from gear. When I smacked an Ogre with a mentor pot I got 1725 . When I smacked another with a hero statue I got 1725, and when I used the statue and pot and the same time I got 1725 XP. without any boosters is was like 1150 or so.

Ah! Good catch loco. :)

I hadn't checked in battle values regarding the two listed experience bonuses in the sigma when I posted earlier but I just tried now and found the same as you did. Even though the Sigma shows:

+50 Experience per kill

+100 Experience per kill

Only the 50% seems to be in effect. In fact I touched an Mentor statue quickly killed an orc and then drank a Mentor potion and then killed another orc. What seems to happen is that a Mentor Potion's bonus has precedence over the statue's bonus and can end/supplant the statues bonus prematurely. So in Ice and Blood it appears as though not only +experience from gear but also from Mentor Potions will render the Mentor Statue's bonus completely ineffective.

Ah! Good catch loco. :heat:

I hadn't checked in battle values regarding the two listed experience bonuses in the sigma when I posted earlier but I just tried now and found the same as you did. Even though the Sigma shows:

+50 Experience per kill

+100 Experience per kill

Only the 50% seems to be in effect. In fact I touched an Mentor statue quickly killed an orc and then drank a Mentor potion and then killed another orc. What seems to happen is that a Mentor Potion's bonus has precedence over the statue's bonus and can end/supplant the statues bonus prematurely. So in Ice and Blood it appears as though not only +experience from gear but also from Mentor Potions will render the Mentor Statue's bonus completely ineffective.

Ugh! I was hoping my little test was wrong or I was doing something wrong. :)

When teleporting in the game you get a flash screen with one of the characters on it.

At the bottom is sentence or two describing game mechanics.

I will try to screen cap the one that talks about experience statues and mentor potions.

In Ice and Blood, I believe it states that statues do not work in combination with mentor potions.

That's right, have seen that loading screen plenty of times and it says that mentor pots don't work in combo with XP statues.