Grim Dawn - PC

Thank you for the quick response!

"The physical copies of the game will also ship sometime after release since we need to press them once we have a final build of the game. You'll have your game-key already though, so you can download a digital version on release day. We don't want to delay the digital release while physical copies are manufactured."

Y...E...S

I remain, :dance:

• 2 months later...

Haven't seen any numbered updates for a bit but did come across a vid for the Occultist (game is still pre-alpha but it looks pretty good so far)

This is looking Wicked. Looks like the DEVS are really doing a great job.

I could see myself really getting into this game! Is the world going to be replayable? Like the Sacred franchise?

I remain, :paladin:

AFAIK, it will be pretty close to Titan Quest in that there will be a main storyline, and higher difficulties unlocked by beating the end-boss (like Sacred). Higher difficulties also introduce new boss monsters, unique and legendary weapons, modifiers, etc... which is different than Sacred.

From what I understand, the world will be quite open, with access to high-level areas without necessarily completing "Acts" in sequence. Should be a handy feature when the stash gets built up and your toons get OP compared to "untwinked" toons that don't use shared stash... just skip ahead to challenging enemies instead of crushing kobolds while beelining to the Act boss. Kinda like Sacred's MP islands where you can just port to whatever area tickles your fancy.

About a year to the estimated "actual" release, but there will be open alpha and beta testing before that. Won't be long now before some jucier info starts getting released (like the 5th class).

Hmmm, it's been a couple of weeks since I've been to their site... <shuffles off to grimdawn.com :)

Just cannot get enough. The Crate team is really thinking outside the box. As much as one can within the given peramiters. Taking the genre to a whole new level.

One can almost feel how this game could revolutionize how games are developed. DEVS and FANS coming together to create a potential masterpiece.

Crate, aka: Game Changers

I remain, :thumbsup:

Just cannot get enough. The Crate team is really thinking outside the box. As much as one can within the given peramiters. Taking the genre to a whole new level.

One can almost feel how this game could revolutionize how games are developed. DEVS and FANS coming together to create a potential masterpiece.

Crate, aka: Game Changers

I remain, :thumbsup:

Exactly how I feel Etherian, I just love the way the devs interact and listen to the community and hope that other devs will follow suit.

GD is by far my most anticipated game of the next few years, S3 may have lost the open world but GD has it and might fill the gap for the open world ARPG.

• 1 month later...

Hey, looks like they announced the final mastery lineup for the release!

Combat (renamed Soldier ithink)

Demolition

Occult

Nightblade

Arcane

There is a short-list of all but the Arcane mastery skills listed (or linked) in this thread.

As with Titan Quest, each "class" will be a combination of 2 masteries (typically, you can play only one if you like) so I am looking forward to mixing my #1 Nightblade (rogue at heart) with either Occult or Arcane... temporarily called Witch Hunter or Nightstalker, respectively. Hrmm... Nightstalker FTW, I think!

• 1 month later...

Is that a request for updated information? :)

They showed some uniques in their "state of the game address" last month (only 3 or 4 skins, no stats)... and a new update is due early December. Head on over to grimdawn.com for more details ;)

Is that a request for updated information? :)

They showed some uniques in their "state of the game address" last month (only 3 or 4 skins, no stats)... and a new update is due early December. Head on over to grimdawn.com for more details ;)

Thanks essjayehm. I often forget about their website.

I remain, :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay! Guess this could something to get as pre-purchase, if gaming gods are smiling at me. :)

Something to fill the void of Diablo 3, which even Torchlight 2 couldn't completely do.

Still awaiting thos with great anticipation. :P

This game looks like it'll be fun: Diablo 2 + Titan Quest all wrapped up in one (2 of my favorite games). The class customization looks like it'll be great on Grim Dawn, as well.

QFT

I liked the options in Titan Quest too. Clocked quite many hours in search of better gear and incredients for artifacts and such.