lunaonline.jpg

Have you ever wanted an MMORPG that wouldn't scare off your significant other, that your kids could play, that won't leave you grinding, and that you can simply lose yourself in the ambiance of the environment and the social networking?

I have begun dabbling with Luna Online (http://luna.gpotato.com/), and I think I have found such a game. The graphics are bright and cheery, and the character design is moe and anime based. The interface is pretty intuitive. It comes with a tutorial that is quest based, and you'll find that questing (rather than grinding) is the most efficient way of leveling up.

When you need a break from soloing, there are for levels of social interaction. Parties are temporary groups where you can quest and fight as a team. Families are smallish groups (around 5) that you form with your closest friends. Guilds (around 25) are found with various families and/or extended families or just of like-minded individuals). And if you meet that special someone that you want to get to know better, there is even a dating option :)

The job tree is very unique in that it is a true tree - it is not linear (http://luna.gpotato.com/?m=game&a=jobs). At the end of the day there are about 60 jobs that you have access too. This eliminates all of the "cookie cutter" builds, and it makes for incredible replayability.

It also has a lot of craftable and class items such as wings and other speed and stat enhancers. I am partial to wings, so that caught my attention right away.

The game uses n-protect and the devs maintain an active presence ingame, so you do not have hacking, duping, etc. They also monitor to keep the game clean and safe, and they are very responsive to inquiries, problems, and any possible bugs. They also update content on a weekly bases so that the game stays fresh.

So, I am looking to see if anyone else is playing right now. If there are enough people already playing or looking to start playing, we can get a guild going and then see where it goes from there :)

Some more official videos

http://luna.gpotato.com/?m=media&a=videos

Main website:

http://luna.gpotato.com/

Official community sites (forum, facebook link, and twitter):

http://luna.gpotato.com/?m=community&a=twitter

Yeh this is a great game to play im currently playin and have a few guides to share with yu all that I find very intriguing

For the mage path the guide I fount is :

http://luna-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27758

For the fighter path the guide I fount is :

http://luna-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41

For the rogue path the guide I fount is :

http://luna-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8808

Hope to see some people ingame always good to av new friends :)

OOoo this is a Lovely Game. :yay:

It's Simular 2 Rose on Line.

Sadly I'm having Probs Logging in. :girl_sigh:

Byeee 4 Now Suzie. :bye:

try a reboot, and then clear your history and cookies, do a disk clean, and defrag your system. Virus scan would not hurt either.

If that doesn't work, then do an uninstall and reinstall.

If that doesn't work, then try to redownload the client, and do another uninstall and reinstall.

I have checked the forums, and the client is very PC friendly. No one is having problems, so it sounds like there is something on your PC that is not meshing well.

Yes it is free to play. There is an item mall, but otherwise it is completely free.

Here is a screen shot of an elf mage that I started

Luna_02_100522_123303_001.jpg

Edited by Trillain

Hi yeh Every 1. :friends3:

& Guessssssss Whatty !

I can now Login into Luna Yaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

It was the AVG Virus thingy. :cow_white:

Soo I can Now Play. yay:

I just Need 2 find a New Virus Scanner that is Luna Friendly.

OOOo & Jen I just Love you're Ikle Elfin Mage. :drunkards:

OOO & Thnx U Jen & Dave 4 Helping Me 2 Solve the Prob.

Now 2 get Leveling My Ikle Mage. :drunkards:

Byeee 4 Now Suzie :drunkards:

Hmm, I haven't seen any lag problems. Leveling seems to go fast in the beginning. I can get to level 5 in less than 30 minutes. Ofc, I dunno how it is later on since I am just starting out myself.

Having a hard time getting back into Sacred so I thought I'd give this a try. Unfortunately it will not accept email addresses from comcast.net. Have no idea why but it actually came out and stated that when I entered it. Irked me enough that I un-installed it. Not sure if I really want to get a hotmail addy just to play the game.

Just thought I would give a heads up on the email in case anyone else uses Comcast like me and wants to give Luna a try.

Anyone got it working through a proxy? I searched the off. Luna Forum but found nothing of value...

Having a hard time getting back into Sacred so I thought I'd give this a try. Unfortunately it will not accept email addresses from comcast.net. Have no idea why but it actually came out and stated that when I entered it. Irked me enough that I un-installed it. Not sure if I really want to get a hotmail addy just to play the game.Just thought I would give a heads up on the email in case anyone else uses Comcast like me and wants to give Luna a try.

Sorry, didn't see these posts over here. Yeah for some reason gPotato has a problem with Comcast email addresses. I am not sure why, but it isn't just a Luna issue. I saw a post on another gPotato game, Aika, that had the same problem. Sadly it seems that they only work around is to use a different email provider.

Anyone got it working through a proxy? I searched the off. Luna Forum but found nothing of value...

Hmm, I am not seeing a lot about this. What answers I got are from googling it, and I still got a lot of questions but no real answer. It might be possible if the correct portals are open. The only thing I can suggest is that you try it, and if it gives you problems then maybe a post on the official forum would give you a better answer. Sorry I couldn't give you a solid answer either way.

Edited by Trillain
Hmm, I am not seeing a lot about this. What answers I got are from googling it, and I still got a lot of questions but no real answer. It might be possible if the correct portals are open. The only thing I can suggest is that you try it, and if it gives you problems then maybe a post on the official forum would give you a better answer. Sorry I couldn't give you a solid answer either way.

Well I found this: Ragezone Luna Server Discussions

Maybe I will try to set up my own luna server, with Blackjack and Hookers...as Bender would phrase it. *g*

Edited by czevak

what's this luna about?

saw 'MMORPG' below it's thread-title..

have a personal problem/dilemma with this specific abbreviation/term, and it's common/general usage when it comes to any kind of 'RPG' games that also happen to be 'MMO'

(but I spare you a lenghty in-depth illustration why this is so, for now..)

(sry, disregard text above)

is this a lot like 'WoW' , for some reasons?

because if it was, this would scare me off right away, sort of.

in addition to the aspects you already described in the starting post,

what could be additional important aspects worth mentioning why one would say

"this IS like a WoW-clone styled MMORPG because..:"

or on the other side:

"these main-aspects are crucial for NOT beeing the average WoW (or asia-grinder) clone?"

------------------------------

oh, btw.. never heard about this Luna thing before, but a title named LunIa came in mind:

are they somehow related to each other, besides their almost similar name ?

http://global.lunia.com/

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one for now, I've already fallen far behind my actual 'To Try-Out' schedule...

there's the above mentioned Lunia on it,

http://www.maplestory.com/ Maplestory - that I heard about, years ago,

as well as that Dofus thing: http://www.dofus.com/en

(you may find better, more significant gameplay videos @ youtube & co..)

and then there's also the Need for Speed World Beta I'm trying out right now, and waiting for a Mythos beta start & TDU:2 beta account as well...

too many games, not enough time.

Edited by Rotluchs

I don't really see this as a WoW clone. While it is quest based, a lot of decent MMORPGs are these days. Even with the 3 different skill trees per class, the builds themselves were rather limited. Luna is different in that way. Since you can pick a specialization at level 20, and then again at level 40, 75, 105, etc it allows you to customize how you want to play your toon. The game itself looks nothing like WoW either. So far, the game has revolved around quests. If that continues, and I don't see why it wouldn't, I doubt Luna would turn into a game that you need to grind to gain levels. I have no patience for grinding, so I am pleasantly surprised with everything that I've seen in Luna.

I understand that you have a lot of games that you want to try out, but I hope that you decide to give Luna a try sometime soon :)

Edited by Trillain
I don't really see this as a WoW clone. While it is quest based, a lot of decent MMORPGs are these days. Even with the 3 different skill trees per class, the builds themselves were rather limited. Luna is different in that way. Since you can pick a specialization at level 20, and then again at level 40, 75, 105, etc it allows you to customize how you want to play your toon. The game itself looks nothing like WoW either. So far, the game has revolved around quests. If that continues, and I don't see why it wouldn't, I doubt Luna would turn into a game that you need to grind to gain levels. I have no patience for grinding, so I am pleasantly surprised with everything that I've seen in Luna.

I understand that you have a lot of games that you want to try out, but I hope that you decide to give Luna a try sometime soon :)

Great post Trillain. You were very eloquent in your description regarding your personal experience with the game, and your words regarding grinding are ones that I think will make grinder haters happy ^^

:)

gogo

tyvm, after this I do hope so too.

maybe even sooner than later, there's a long weekend ahead.. (THU-SUN)

it was scheduled to be filled with just more work around the house to be done (not that there wasn't already enough @ the office) ,

but if it keeps raining like this, I won't have to.. :)

Great post Trillain. You were very eloquent in your description regarding your personal experience with the game, and your words regarding grinding are ones that I think will make grinder haters happy ^^

gogo

Well thank you Gogo :)

:does a dance to the rain gods: ;) Either myself or Knight can get you in the guild. If you let us know ahead of time, we can make sure that one of us are there to get all set up and answer any questions that you might have :)

Hi yeh Lunarians. :)

Well Rotluchs I can honestly say that Luna is Waaaay Better than Rose.

I wouldn't have thought that I could find a Game any Better buttt !

I have cus it's written above hehehehe

Sooo I can Really Recommend this Uber Duber Game. :P

I Think Once U'll Start U'll B Addicted.

Byeee 4 Now Suzie. :)