Mic trouble on PS3

Ok heres the deal:

Ive tried to make my mic work on this game, but I cant. Yes, my mic is paired right, yes it work with other games, yes I can have audio chat... The problem is ONLY with this game. Do any of you guys know anything about this?

BTW, in the ingame menu my mic isnt mute, but still other people cant hear me. And if they have a mic, I cant hear them, eaven when the arent muted in the menu...

I gets annoying to play with some friend that does have a mic but you cant talk because of some bug...

Anyways, if any of you guys can help, I would appreciate!

Thanks in advance! =D

I've had similar troubles with my mic during games notably so when more then two people are in game at any given moment. I chock it up to lag mostly, sacred2 lags significantly since the latest psn patch. Some things you can do to help temporarily solve this problem...

everyone but the host backout and rejoin one by one, checking each user's mic as they enter. Whoever doesn't work when they join is having an issue and they should reboot or relog to try and reset their invisible lag issue. hopefully after that they can use their mic as well.

Of course everyone can try relogging/rebooting which can help significantly at times.

A different person can try hosting.

Lastly you can always kick and beat your router, cursing a blue streak at it till it explodes in agony and gives in.... Don't think you wanna try this one though x)

When it comes down to it, try try again is really the only way you'll get it to work for you, I can't say it's a hardware thing, cause it's definitely a lag issue. Have you heard the robot voices yet? they sound static-like and rather interesting, albeit annoying.. and then there's the cutting in and out, sometimes for minutes at a time.. hmmm.. Me thinks the chat servers on PSN are broken.... probably beyond repair. Oh well, as my friend says, dealing with all of this, "it's a labor of love"

Same here, have tried using a mic a couple times, chat was never disabled, mic was turned up, never heard anyone else talking. Seems only to happen w/ Sacred 2. Anyone else have the problem where the Players Recently Met never shows the people you played Sacred 2 with?

Thanks for the tips Sarcolemming! Ill try those out today, if possible.

And yes Rndm, I have the same problem with recently met players on Sacred 2. I dunno why, but they dont show up in that list. Ive seen that with other games, but I think they were dl games, not disc ones... Well, this game is bugged as hell, so you never know what will happen next, right? =D

And yes Rndm, I have the same problem with recently met players on Sacred 2. I dunno why, but they dont show up in that list. Ive seen that with other games, but I think they were dl games, not disc ones... Well, this game is bugged as hell, so you never know what will happen next, right? =D

The recently met players problem can be annoying if you manage to meet someone with a mic in a public game. I usually end up playing offline because the online play is not only full of lag, but half the players either don't have mics or can't get them to work in online play. With any game that loses support, you never know what can happen.

The recently met players problem can be annoying if you manage to meet someone with a mic in a public game. I usually end up playing offline because the online play is not only full of lag, but half the players either don't have mics or can't get them to work in online play. With any game that loses support, you never know what can happen.

Yep, can't get my mic to work, and have asked other players if their mics are on, their answer was yes, neither of us could hear eachother (even after I dropped out and rejoined). Text chat gets old pretty quick...

Typically what I have found is that if two of you have mics it will work fine. However, if a third person joins that does not have a mic, it kills the voice chat for the whole game. If everyone has a mic, most of the time it will work.