Dreeft's Application Clan [D.a.r.k]

Hey all,

Have decided to apply :D

A bit of general info if you haven't met me yet. I'm Nick, I live in Brisbane, Australia. I am a graphic designer by trade (?). I had been playing Sacred since it came out on console, then moved to PC due to the community (and Ice and Blood). I was not disappointed and I am glad this gives me the opportunity to apply. I have been trying to play a few nights during the week and as much of the weekend as possible. My evenings are generally US and EU mornings/days.

Dark Matters has been my guide to Sacred 2 the entire way, the amount of effort put into the wiki and the forums echos the level of commitment that the Dark members exhibit. I am constantly amazed by the friendship and support that it's members show to others. It would be an honor to join with you.

Anyhow, onto the questions!

Favorite pizza topping

This is a tough one.. if I am only allowed a single topping, it would definitely be pepperoni. If we are talking a complete pizza setup, I am currently addicted to the satay option from Crust. Marinated Chicken Breast Fillets, Spanish Onions, garnished with Snow Pea Sprouts, Sesame Seeds & a drizzle of Honey on a Satay base. mmmm.. :)

Favorite Drink

Alcoholic, my choice would be Scotch. Generally either with dry or neat. I'm not too picky on brands, but my current choice would be Ballantines (?). Non alcoholic, I drink a fair amount of soft drink, but I should really be drinking water.

Where did you hear about darkmatters.org from?

From memory, it was either a link from SIF or through the wiki.

Most favorite book ever

Neuromancer by William Gibson (?). Have read this many times and the themes/technology still don't seem dated (was written in 1984). The world is already well on it's way to being completely virtualised, brain-computer interfaces can't be much further off. If you have not read this book do yourself a favour and grab a copy.

Favorite movie of all time.

This is a tough one. I am not sure there is a single movie that stands out as my favourite.

I particularly like Scream, Interview With The Vampire, Fear & Loathing, Clockwork Orange, Original Star Wars Trilogy, Empire Records, Matrix, .. There are more, I am sure I have forgotten some.

Current Favorite Game?

Sacred 2. I haven't been addicted to a single game like this in a while.

All time best video game ever played

This is a tie between Quake 3 and Diablo 2. Many, many hours were lost to them both.

Favorite sport or hobby?

I don't play anything myself anymore but I am a big fan of basketball, baseball, ice hockey and rugby. My hobby would be cars, mostly of the Japanese sports variety.

What do you want for your birthday?

Money for more tattoos! Super addictive, seriously.

Do you know anyone from our forum?

I have met a bunch of people from the forums, including; Dragon Brother, Gogo, Loco, Furian, Claudius, Timotheus, Dobri, Max, Woody, Immali, Etherian, Dobster, Llama. Sorry if I missed anyone :)

Who can you get and name from this forum that can personally vouch for you as a trusted member?

I'd like to hope Dragon Brother, Loco and Gogo!

If applying for Fellowship Status do you agree to abide by all the posted Rules of the Fellowship?

(This question need only be answered if applying for Fellowship/Clan status for a sponsored game).

Absolutely.

Cheers,

dreeft

Meet up in game today with dreeft. This guy is rock solid. I offered dreeft luck in game, thought I would drop a line within his application thread also.

My best wishes are for you my friend.

Dreeft for the WIN... :thumbsup:

I remain, Humbled

Good luck dreeft! :(

BTW I haven't met you online yet, when do you usually play? (GMT)

Hey Munera, thanks!

I am GMT+10. It is currently 6.30pm (Sunday) here.

Good luck dreeft! :thumbs:

BTW I haven't met you online yet, when do you usually play? (GMT)

Hey Munera, thanks!

I am GMT+10. It is currently 6.30pm (Sunday) here.

Ok, NOW I know why we haven't met yet :D I'll try to be there early in the weekends :blink:

I enjoyed playing with Dreeft the other day and my shadow warrior was humbled by his mighty even godly dryad staff build... I was like I gotta get one of those and I thought shadow veil was cool hehe. Dreeft is a fun player to play with and we had a good time destroying the undead of the clearview and thylysium area. Its amazing that we can be in synch playing even though for me it is night and him morning or vice versa. Of course I am also an applicant so I don't have a vote but I just wanted to share my experience playing with him...