Star Craft 2 Beta - Finally

Woo HOo!

Man, after what...like years? :o

I just saw on another forum someone mention this. Is there a way we can get into this? Anyone playing? Anyone got a link?

:)

gogo

woot!

I was reading about the beta (and it's delay) all across the net every now and then recently..

but, is there any chance to apply for a beta-access wildcard ?

(other than on game-specific boards and online-mags,

where you first have to apply for the magazines HP/board, and then a 2nd time, for the blizzard beta-key giveaway..)

and I am not going to preorder SC2, just for a beta-key... no way..

edit: saw some of those story-cutscenes... are they also prerendered? guess so, looks different than iG scenarios, but who knows..

Unreal- , Doom- , Source- or Cry-Engines can also do a lot you wouldnt have thought of when only knowing the game they where developed for..

I'm concerned about those story-mission cutscenes, the comic-style touch is too much imho..

(also, important story-characters like Raynor look way too different now..)

like. Max Payne2 to 3.. horrible.

seems like target audience is age 12-20 who might have never played their predecessors.. barf.

(tho, in case of SC2 this isnt true either..)

Edited by Rotluchs

Hello there, I've been playing Sc2 beta for about 2 months now, I was lucky enough to actually receive 6 beta keys since it has opened, I used 2 and gave away 3, however currently I am having a contest to give away my last one on my forum, I was told to share it with you guys by gogo :).

http://www.gfxdrop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8

The first person to get 150 credits and post in the thread will receive the unique beta key for use (instant activation via battle.net account - you download the game and install it directly from blizzard).

(credits are a virtual currency used on the forum, you can view information on them here: http://www.gfxdrop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2 )

Edited by Toups

I don't know about pre-ordering SC2 and beta keys, but this is how I got mine.

You have to own a Blizzard game, then register your CD key on Blizzard's Battle.net website. Then, once you have registered a Blizzard product, you can enter your system specifications and say whether or not you want to participate in the Beta (for SC2 and for D3 when that becomes available). If you're lucky enough, you will get chosen and they will give you a download link and a Beta key to play with.

As a side note, it's a good idea to register your games on Bnet, since once it's registered, you can download the digital versions of the games without needing to use the CDs. I registered WC3 + FT, D2 + LoD, which will make it more convenient to install them on future computers if I want to.

The Beta was originally supposed to be closed first week of June or something I believe, and they extended it a little bit. I can't be sure, since I never installed it [school's network didn't allow it], so I have an unused key. Hope this helps. Of course there are other ways to get the keys (like pre-ordering) or buying them off people, but I believe this is the one of the few legit ways to get one.

Edited by cloudblade70
I don't know about pre-ordering SC2 and beta keys, but this is how I got mine.

You have to own a Blizzard game, then register your CD key on Blizzard's Battle.net website. Then, once you have registered a Blizzard product, you can enter your system specifications and say whether or not you want to participate in the Beta (for SC2 and for D3 when that becomes available). If you're lucky enough, you will get chosen and they will give you a download link and a Beta key to play with.

As a side note, it's a good idea to register your games on Bnet, since once it's registered, you can download the digital versions of the games without needing to use the CDs. I registered WC3 + FT, D2 + LoD, which will make it more convenient to install them on future computers if I want to.

The Beta was originally supposed to be closed first week of June or something I believe, and they extended it a little bit. I can't be sure, since I never installed it [school's network didn't allow it], so I have an unused key. Hope this helps. Of course there are other ways to get the keys (like pre-ordering) or buying them off people, but I believe this is the one of the few legit ways to get one.

The beta is currently playable until July 4th

They are not planning to give out any further beta keys via signing up for beta on your battle.net account, the only way to get one now is either pre-ordering SC2, getting one from someone else, or buying one.

There is a way to get the keys, For 5$ you can preorder through Game Stop get your beta key and play, if you dont like the game you can go and get your 5$ preorder back. Its a nice way to check it out, and far easier then waiting to be on the beta list.

There is a way to get the keys, For 5$ you can preorder through Game Stop get your beta key and play, if you dont like the game you can go and get your 5$ preorder back. Its a nice way to check it out, and far easier then waiting to be on the beta list.

Beta keys through the pre-order system are "until supplies last", they only have so many, once they run out, pre-orders will no longer get them.

As far as doing this little trick just to get a beta key.. blizzard can actually get the key revoked if gamestop reports to them that the pre-order was canceled.

Oh I certainly never meant to get it for free, I simply put it as you can still get a beta to try and use, then if you don't like it, go and get your preorder back, If gamestop then notifies blizzard, no harm done since you wouldnt still be playing it if you didnt like it anyway :)