Sacred 2 freezes when memory use is more than 1.5G ram

If you can creat a program for automatic CTRL F1 ...

There is one here: http://rapidshare.com/files/394574190/Sacred2Launcher.zip

Our Sacred 2 Launcher, letting you specify all the Sacred 2 startup flags and a timed interval when it automatically sends CTRL+F1 to Sacred 2.

As mentioned afore, it may be better to remember doing it during some quiet time on the screen, since you may get two or three hits in a short row once the lagging and loading stops...then again with your setup you would probably never notice the reload. :4rofl:

Try, and tell us about it. :oooo:

Edited by czevak

hhmmm NOOB question

the CTRL+F1 is already integrate or where specified it ?

mini_9094592010_07_17_142155.png

when the timing finish sacred2.exe crach

and if CTRL+F1 in game no realy efect in ram consumption and break the game during 2sec.

the beast solution is UP the ram limitation.

Edited by mosie

..I'm not sure if this ever will be possible to use (much) more, from reading the above comments.

but with your 24Gig Ram, what you could do for a test,

is installing (or copying) the entire Sacred 2 root folder to a Ram-Disk :D

there're several tools around, on win x64 you could set up a Ram-Disk big enough to contain the entire Sacred 2 Ice and Blood installation (~17GB)

even if Sacred 2 would use more Ram for caching,

it would have to read from&to your HD's or wherever you installed it to..

loading it into ram completely would still speed things up significantly I guess,

even tho it would still only use 1,5GB of Ram..

edit:

oh btw :)

I would really be interested in some benchmarks of your entire system !

..especially some benches of your 2x Acard 9010 raid 0 config and the Gigabyte I-Ram, including IOPS and sequ/random read/write tests etc..

what's the personal main purpose of your system here btw,

what are you using this monstaah machine for? :)

I'd go with sacred 2 standard settings and a clean install patched to current version, and see if it still crashes a lot.

should be possible to play without so many frequent crashes, at least many people are able to...

I had these problems too, but iirc it was back in Sacred 2 original and one of the older patch versions, without Ice and Blood.

what are your other settings for Ice and Blood ? I'd try withou the elite texture gfx pack, and with latest patch, don't enable compatibilty mode for the executable as it now should run without, again (you had to change it to win xp sp2/3 compatibilty mode in previous versions)

Edited by Rotluchs

mini_17484ACARD_VS_IRAM.png

BUT actualy I ahve a big problem, the 4G cach in areca is limited at 780 read and rite in past its is 1.3GB/s 36K IOPS due at this problem IOPS general is limited .

FOR interpretation result its very complex I ahve tested 6 SSD in raid O and its very limited.

and not read the ssd pcie 50K iops ... its a fake its juste due to the litle cach and pcie 8x 2.0

hhmmm NOOB question

the CTRL+F1 is already integrate or where specified it ?

when the timing finish sacred2.exe crach

and if CTRL+F1 in game no realy efect in ram consumption and break the game during 2sec.

If CTRL+F1 ingame crashes it, then the loader will do the same. Its strange how some systems seem to choke on this command, while other just do it. And yes the Minute timing refresh you set to 5 Min. on your Screenshot is the CTRL+F1 Interval.

Sorry, I hoped it might help.

Some quick hints:

Forget about the elite gfx. These textures cause way to much trouble for little to no benefit. In addition, they are not complete but a subset of all needed textures. I've got two collector's editions on my own and have never seen a markable difference between high and elite textures. In fact, the elite textures are nothing more than the uncompressed version of the high quality textures. You may compare this to listening to some music files in uncompressed wav files (elite), 256kbit mp3 (hq) and 64kbit mp3 (lq).

PhysX effects (Nvidia GPU only) on WinXP is quite stable and working, but not on Win7-64. Seems to me like some issue between the x86 PhysX libraries and the x64 graphics driver. So on x64-systems please turn off these effects.

In addition, these GPGPU operations are highly dependent on a 100% correctly working graphic card, especially GPU and memory. While so called "soft errors" usually result in one or a few miscolored pixels in one frame they will now have massive influence on the software, even be able to crash the program. So have a very careful look to your graphic card, especially to the temperature, and please avoid overclocking. OC is massively increasing this soft error rate - and you won't see it until it's too late. If you're looking for some more information about this, search for memtestg80 on the net, e.g.:

https://simtk.org/home/memtest/

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadUtils

I suggest updating to 2.65.2. We're not testing with 2.65.1 anymore.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
  • 3 weeks later...

You're not alone! Same problem, same sadness... and I totally agree with Dragon Brother. I play on a 50" screen, 1848 x 1026, so trust me too marcuswob, there a big texture difference with config like this.

May someone has already try, but, why don't send a mail or call kochmedia? There not great for help, but helpful anyway. When Sacred 2 was out, I've buy it the fist day and it was impossible at this time to config key, just have to wait a patch, but I've call them and send me the way to config them on the default game config.

So, may a new patch is building to fix this bug, but there is an other solution to wait it?

Gonna try and will give news.

new here..

for me mine would crash all the time about the same size.. or just crash. The mem thing setting them to "0" did not work good. Now changing all of them to "1" I no longer get any crashes.

Welcome to Dark Matters!

so setting the memory manager to 1 made the crashes stop? how is your performance? can you give us something to compare to like system specs, in game graphics settings, and frame rates?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm not using ice and blood, but found with the original that my game crashed after awhile when I had elite textures and settings on full except aa and physic are off.

Iv now changed mymanager = {

animMem = half original,

grannyMem = half original,

pmsMem = half original,

secMem = half original,

sptMem = half original,

texMem = half original

Since then my game hasn't jammed up with the above settings. That's 1h30 to 3h of play. I'm not by my comp to give values.

My game does jam up when I leave the game though(exit to menu).

Iv only recently tried these settings so still need to play more sacred to make sure jams hav stoped.

My pc specs: 4gb ddr2

8800gt

E8400 processor

Win7 64bit

Game resolution 1680 by 1050

Edited by Zeolite
Hi

I'm not using ice and blood, but found with the original that my game crashed after awhile when I had elite textures and settings on full except aa and physic are off.

Iv now changed mymanager = {

animMem = half original,

grannyMem = half original,

pmsMem = half original,

secMem = half original,

sptMem = half original,

texMem = half original

Since then my game hasn't jammed up with the above settings. That's 1h30 to 3h of play. I'm not by my comp to give values.

My game does jam up when I leave the game though(exit to menu).

Iv only recently tried these settings so still need to play more sacred to make sure jams hav stoped.

My pc specs: 4gb ddr2

8800gt

E8400 processor

Win7 64bit

Game resolution 1680 by 1050

Great to hear, I have also found that reducing the size of the memmanager setting has reduced the crashes I get. However, I get more lag, and it takes longer for the game to start. still, a little lag vs. a crash is acceptable to me.

I don't notice much difference in the gameplay with d settings halved.

Played quick a lot 2day and only got 1 jam up, excluding my physics testing. That includes alt tabbing every now and then 2.

95% of the time it crashes when I exit to menu.

Tried adding physics with elite textures and it jammed up after 15min to 30min.

I don't notice much difference in the gameplay with d settings halved.

Played quick a lot 2day and only got 1 jam up, excluding my physics testing. That includes alt tabbing every now and then 2.

95% of the time it crashes when I exit to menu.

Tried adding physics with elite textures and it jammed up after 15min to 30min.

Physx and elite have both been fails for me. It's too bad because they look great.

• 6 years later...