Furian's Ice & Blood Guide To The Ultimate Warrior

Thanks! I have been experimenting with a few different options lately. one was a dual wield build. Demonic blow is awesome. Another is the hafted and using Scything Sweep for the main attack as this is a faster attack CA. I have maybe 3-4 differant versions all of which are just cruising through the mobs and bosses.And with the combination of the Willpower boost and Spell Resistance mastery I have virtually nullified the danger of the Life Leech in the Blood Forest. You will still take damage but the Hit point regeneration from Grim Resilience and your own Life Leech will make this very acceptable. Tested against the Demons in the Wastelands and 4-5 of the lightning attacks that are bugged don't connect. The ones that did took 2/3 of my health but still allowed me to easily drink one health potion while jumping on its head and wacking him like a mole. For obvious reasons when I run through the Wastelands I watch for the demons with the round heads demonmage.jpg Any demon that looks like this champion or regular is the first to get targeted and his Wheaties Jumped in.

could you be more specify that how many points should be put into these skills?

cos I'm quiet confused when I'm lvling and donno which skill deserve me to invest first

currently I'm having:

51 Death Warrior Focus

85 Hafted Weapon

14 Armor Lore

75 Tactics Lore

1 Combat Discipline

1 Concentration

51 Malevolent Champoin Focus

10 Constitution

8 Toughness

75 Spell Resistance

my Regen is quite quick atm 0.3sec of DB and 0.6sec of FR so I donno if I need more points in DWF and MCF

Toughness, it only gives you 90armor of each element and 9% of DR in 75 point, so im thinking to replace it with something else later on

So does Combat Discipline, I dont get much benifit from this skill, so I'm thinking to replace it as well, what is you're opinion?

and I donno how many HP and HPR bouns Constitution will give in higher lvls so I donno if is good or not

all in all I'm Confused :)

Hey there Furian, as you know I've taking in interest in this build :) In your opinion, do you feel that spell resist could be dropped and just rely on the +Will and % CA reflect from your buffs? Or is that too risky if I'm running the Blood Forest Quests?

In my experience with the Cursed Forest quest and the leechers in Niob is that they are extremely dangerous without SR, even with 90%+ reflect Combat Arts it looks like 2/3 hits gets though meaning around 25% LL *shudders*

So if you want to make a "Cursed Forest Runner" I think SR is mandatory skill pick, not that I have experience with the skill myself though, but I rely on the experience others have with the skill.

I am new to sacred and have a question about the buff suits. I have been playing this character for awhile and have a set of gear for the GR buff and a battle suit but I am not sure if I am getting the results when I put back on my battle suit. I doesnt look nothing like how yours turned out Furian. Can you give me some assistance?

I am new to sacred and have a question about the buff suits. I have been playing this character for awhile and have a set of gear for the GR buff and a battle suit but I am not sure if I am getting the results when I put back on my battle suit. I doesnt look nothing like how yours turned out Furian. Can you give me some assistance?

Welcome to Dark Matters, Dano!

Your on XBOX? so you will need to look at the general section for your "Sigma"details. I haven't booted the game on the BOX since last fall and I've forgetten already how the screens looked.

Maybe one of our current Console guys can lend a hand here.

Give some numbers, what level is the buff with no gear on, then with your buff suit?

Ok I will look on the XBOX forum.

Without the buff suit on and no gear GR is level 1. With buff suit on it is level 25.6. Playing through Gold with no problems.

Casting your buff at level 25.6 and then switching gear with the buff still on you do retain the bonuses from the modifications on the buff. By general section The Overview Details Sorry. Her is a link to the Console GUI with screen shots. I refer to item 18.

In that list you should see at the end some bonuses such as max hit points etc that reflect the bonuses from your buff suit even if you take it off.

Ok your right it does work. Guess I just missed it before. Thanks for the help!

Excellent! you are still low in level but as you get higher in level and are able to get higher level runes to socket into your buffs suits(including a shield and sword with runes) you will see much higher and higher results. and the cool thing is as you leave the Buff CA at 1 rune you wont get all the Regen penalties we are used to getting with reading runes into the Buffs.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

loco

Sorry I haven't responded. No idea why I havent seen this come up on the new posts section. Any ways to answer Questions......

could you be more specify that how many points should be put into these skills?

cos I'm quiet confused when I'm lvling and donno which skill deserve me to invest first

currently I'm having:

Well I can give ya some pointers as to what I would do with your build. Looks like this is pretty far from the build I posted but.....

Are you level 85 now?

51 Death Warrior Focus Hold off putting points here

85 Hafted Weapon If your attack and casting speed are at 150% you can hold off putting points here unless your looking to get a bigger chance to double hit.

14 Armor Lore Pump points into this till its at mastery. Wearing the big heavy Armantin's Set is a real hog on regen times.

75 Tactics Lore

1 Combat Discipline Along with Armor Lore you can put points here till mastery. Being able to cast 3 mini buffs in one shot is nice. And the Damage boost this gives really helps. At mastery we can cast all 4 of our mini buffs in one shot if need be.

1 Concentration

51 Malevolent Champion Focus Hold off putting points here

10 Constitution Hold off putting points here. Depending on how you modded Grim Resilience.

8 Toughness Hold off putting points here

75 Spell Resistance Good job, at Mastery SR is a real life saver.

my Regen is quite quick atm 0.3sec of DB and 0.6sec of FR so I donno if I need more points in DWF and MCF

How many runes have you eaten and what gear are you wearing? Are you using Regen per Hit?

Toughness, it only gives you 90armor of each element and 9% of DR in 75 point, so im thinking to replace it with something else later on

So does Combat Discipline, I don't get much benefit from this skill, so I'm thinking to replace it as well, what is you're opinion?

and I donno how many HP and HPR bouns Constitution will give in higher lvls so I donno if is good or not

My build doesn't have Constitution so I have no idea. With Grim Resilience modded the way I did I didn't need constitution. Also with a buff suit the htp regen is insane.

all in all I'm Confused :Just_Cuz_21:

Hey there Furian, as you know I've taking in interest in this build :) In your opinion, do you feel that spell resist could be dropped and just rely on the +Will and % CA reflect from your buffs? Or is that too risky if I'm running the Blood Forest Quests?

Spell Resistance is a must. You can really tell a difference with and without it once its mastered. I started Niob just before 75 and I couldn't go into the Blood Forest near the Eye Balls or the Dragon Flies. So I turned tail and ran. (Prior difficulties this isn't an issue). Once I hit mastery on SR I went back into the Blood Forest and spanked everything I could find for making me run like a :ike: .

In my experience with the Cursed Forest quest and the leechers in Niob is that they are extremely dangerous without SR, even with 90%+ reflect Combat Arts it looks like 2/3 hits gets though meaning around 25% LL *shudders*

So if you want to make a "Cursed Forest Runner" I think SR is mandatory skill pick, not that I have experience with the skill myself though, but I rely on the experience others have with the skill.

Thanks for the back up Spunky. Nice to know an experienced Shadow Warrior runner thinks the same as I. :resp:

Ok your right it does work. Guess I just missed it before. Thanks for the help!

Excellent! you are still low in level but as you get higher in level and are able to get higher level runes to socket into your buffs suits(including a shield and sword with runes) you will see much higher and higher results. and the cool thing is as you leave the Buff CA at 1 rune you wont get all the Regen penalties we are used to getting with reading runes into the Buffs.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

loco

Hey hey, that's my Bro....Got my back thanks bud. Don't know why I haven't seen this thread poping up. :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...
Hows this build work on the 360 since it doesn't have the Ice&Blood expansion? Is there anything that should be changed?

It should work great! only thing is you won't need Spell Resistance for Console. Otherwise you should really by almost invinsible

Hows this build work on the 360 since it doesn't have the Ice&Blood expansion? Is there anything that should be changed?

It should work great! only thing is you won't need Spell Resistance for Console. Otherwise you should really by almost invinsible

Agreed. With the tweaks you can do on the 360 for buying high level rings and amulets this build will Scream!

ps Let me know how it goes for you.

Edited by Furian67

Agreed. With the tweaks you can do on the 360 for buying high level rings and amulets this build will Scream!

ps Let me know how it goes for you.

Thanks guys any suggestions on what to replace Spell Resistance with?

I vote Speed Lore.

I am aware this is a skill that almost every player shuns, because they are either willing to live with lower atk/def value or never tried to tackle the Guardians in niobium. In niob, the guardians have a wicked chance to evade and a wicked atk/def value (not to mention the millions of HP). In order to hit them properly, every sliver of atk/def value counts and you will be hard pressed to fill your sockets with opponent's chance to evade and chance that opponent cannot evade - at least 4-5 of both modifiers, because the SW doesn't have a decent atk value boosting buff - rousing command does ok in general, but Augmenting guidon has a low range and if you have to run around the Heart of the Machine, you will either need to recast it, or hope that rousing will last the entire run.

For that reason, Speed lore shines at very high levels with its nice boost to atk/def values and I always pick it for every build I plan on taking to niobium and hopefully, to 200.

I vote Speed Lore.

I am aware this is a skill that almost every player shuns, because they are either willing to live with lower atk/def value or never tried to tackle the Guardians in niobium. In niob, the guardians have a wicked chance to evade and a wicked atk/def value (not to mention the millions of HP). In order to hit them properly, every sliver of atk/def value counts and you will be hard pressed to fill your sockets with opponent's chance to evade and chance that opponent cannot evade - at least 4-5 of both modifiers, because the SW doesn't have a decent atk value boosting buff - rousing command does ok in general, but Augmenting guidon has a low range and if you have to run around the Heart of the Machine, you will either need to recast it, or hope that rousing will last the entire run.

For that reason, Speed lore shines at very high levels with its nice boost to atk/def values and I always pick it for every build I plan on taking to niobium and hopefully, to 200.

Very insightful Dobri, Thank You for the explanation!

Now I know Rift will be choosing Tactics Lore, Speed Lore & Ancient Magic as his 8th, 9th & last skill choice.

I remain, Etherian

Well, here's more data, if the previous one was a bit vague :evil:

Now at level 148, the utility bosskiller has over 13k atk value and over 20k def value with Battle Stance + Bonus from Ranged Mastery + Bonus from speed lore. Than, combined with -40% chance to evade and +28% chance that opponent cannot evade attacks gives me 83-85% chance to hit the guardians on niobium and about 35% chance to be hit by them. That's low in my opinion (you may fail to hit a few times and get slaughtered if the guardian manages to make a few successful crits in quick succession), so I even resorted to using a shuriken with 70% conversion to magic for greater weaken.

Now that the guardians are weakened as well, I can reach 90-92% chance to hit. That's much better and can be implemented for this build as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Edited in the first post are the top 7 skills this build needs to be the Ultimate Warrior. the other 3 skills can be switched with whatever you would like to try or test. I have made at least 5 different builds using the basic 7 skills and all of them have been a success.

• 2 months later...