Furian's Ice & Blood Guide To The Ultimate Warrior

I see..thanks Lujate..

Furian, you've mentioned that the skill that need to master in the order of EP, tactic lore, armor lore then spell resistant. How about sword lore? Since I'm using 2H sword I need to get atk speed 150% right according to your guide? :)

Cheers.

I see..thanks Lujate..

Furian, you've mentioned that the skill that need to master in the order of EP, tactic lore, armor lore then spell resistant. How about sword lore? Since I'm using 2H sword I need to get atk speed 150% right according to your guide? :)

Cheers.

Good call. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Ok lets rethink this.

Your solo, no support or resources, that means to me EP Mastery. The Death Warrior and Malevolent focus will at this time remain low level so your mod points will come from Tactics Lore. I like Armor Lore to be at a high level for this build for the Regeneration times. Shadow Warriors have huge armor pieces giving them fairly bad regen values. But if you take the Armor Lore to 21 points, then pump Sword Weapon that should get real close to mastery at 75.

To recap from level 1

Once Blacksmith 5 points, EP and Tactics Lore are at level, put 21 points into Armor Lore then get Sword Weapons to level. Once that is accomplished finish Armor Lore to mastery then work on Spell Resistance.

Do your best to get a buff suit made for Grim Resilience, this will last you fair amount of levels until you get concentration and the second buff of RE.

Would hafted weapons work for this build? I looked over the SW items and noticed a plethora of two handed axes or mauls. I do realize that most of them don't have the desired % life leech that is very important for Ice and Blood.

That would work perfectly fine. None of the unique two-handers have %LL either and instead you need to buy a random one for that mod which you can do with the 2hand hafted weapons. I imagine that at 150% attack speed the hafted weapons possibly do more damage than the swords, at the very least most of them will look cooler :)

I see..thanks Lujate..

Cheers.

Your solo, no support or resources, that means to me EP Mastery. The Death Warrior and Malevolent focus will at this time remain low level so your mod points will come from Tactics Lore. I like Armor Lore to be at a high level for this build for the Regeneration times. Shadow Warriors have huge armor pieces giving them fairly bad regen values. But if you take the Armor Lore to 21 points, then pump Sword Weapon that should get real close to mastery at 75.

To recap from level 1

Once Blacksmith 5 points, EP and Tactics Lore are at level, put 21 points into Armor Lore then get Sword Weapons to level. Once that is accomplished finish Armor Lore to mastery then work on Spell Resistance.

Do your best to get a buff suit made for Grim Resilience, this will last you fair amount of levels until you get concentration and the second buff of RE.

Thanks, Furian. So for low level I should focus more on getting and using a buff suit made for Grim Resilience? Any faster way to earn gold? Buying from npc and forge is quite expansive.

How does the shopper character will be useful to other character? Shopper character only focus on Bargaining skill?

The shopper buys stuff (normally rings and amulets) and stashes it in the shared chest so that other characters can get to it.

To have effective shopper u need to have bargain at your level, use bargain relics and with higher levels it will need more investment. For example level 2 shopper can just buy +1 relics from NPC to reach highest quality items while character level 100 will need around 200 bargaining to achieve the same. There are some builds who can easily do shopping and dont loosing much of their power. Unfortanetly SW cant be a shopper, that would be too good ;p

I see..thanks Lujate..

Cheers.

To recap from level 1

Thanks, Furian. So for low level I should focus more on getting and using a buff suit made for Grim Resilience? Any faster way to earn gold? Buying from npc and forge is quite expansive.

At level 1 you can use one buff. for this use Grim Resilience. for the buff suit anything at all possible that drops and has a slot you can drop a rune into will work. This keeps your regeneration times down and you get better buff out of it. Fastest way to get gold? Kill anything that moved and smash any chest you see. This build wont be buying much of anything. you can smith your own gear if there is anything to put into it.

Hmm, I personally don't like to ride a mount into battle. And with Ice and Blood there is no longer a "General" mount. But to get started at low level I'm thinking buy the Death Warrior aspect mount.

By the way how is your build going?

Currently the build is doing fine but I accidentally mistook Constitution skill instead of Concentration skill :cry: will it affect much? How can I reselect the skill?

Now I mostly use Frenzie Rampage CA often so of I take Death Warrior aspect mount wouldn't my Frenzie CA cd time will increase a lot?

You can not change a selected skill once you select it. Two options here, Start over, take all your gear off and put it in the shared chest and make a new Shadow Warrior or option two is to leave constitution at 1 point and continue.

concentration allows for two buffs to be used. Grim Resilience and Reflective Emenation. No need to put more skill points into it until late in game.if then, allow +all Skills rings and amulets to boost this skill.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best way to get my defense value up? I've been following the build and I'm up to level 76 but I just get hit WAY to much. I have a low defense value and I'm not sure why and how to get it up to a reasonable level to not get hit 80+% of the time, should I hunt down damage mitigation or find things that boost my defense value?

Currently I have my TL at 75 SW at 75 AL at 75 DWF at 21 Concentration 1 MCF 7 CR 40 SR 1 CD 1 DL 3 (I should mention I'm playing on the Xbox 360 so no ice and blood for us)

Right now my Defense value is only at 287 which is really low but I'm not sure the best way to improve this but getting hit 90%+ on platinum guardians is proving to be way to challenging and they decimate me even with my buffs going.

How many runes have you eaten into your buffs? If not are you using two buff suits. Each socketed with platinum or Niobium level runes. You shouldnt be getting hit all like that if the buffs are modded right and using buff suits.

How many runes have you eaten into your buffs? If not are you using two buff suits. Each socketed with platinum or Niobium level runes. You shouldnt be getting hit all like that if the buffs are modded right and using buff suits.

This is my first character so I don't have anyone in Niobium but I can try to farm up in Platinum and build a buff suit. My buffs currently look like this Grim Resilience is level 36.6 (Memorized runes: 20) Reflective Emanation level 12 (Memorized Runes:10) Should I pursue getting more Defensive value also since its only 287? (Sorry for the late response been caught up with things lately haven't had much time to play)

Hmmm, well lets take a look at your armor. How old is it (level and what difficulty is it from) and what do you have socketed in it?

Hmmm, well lets take a look at your armor. How old is it (level and what difficulty is it from) and what do you have socketed in it?

Currently I have (All found in Gold Difficulty)

Headgear of Graves Level 80 socketed with opponents level for death blow +23.4% Hp Regen +9.6

Plate of the Tomb Level 95 Socketed with Ring 1: Opponents chance to evade -17.8% Chance to fear opponets away +3.2% Ring 2: opponents chance to evade -17.3%

Armantin's Boots Level 90 Ring: Damage +19.3% Strength +14

Charon's Greaves Level 80 Ring 1: Regeneration per hit + 0.6s Ring 2: Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks +7% Rousing Command +6

Sholders of Decay Level 65 Platinum whet in slot 1 2 then in slot 3 Amulet Hitpoints +497 Grim Resilience +3 (I definatly could socket this better and will look into it)

Armantins Belt Level 60 Slot 1 and 2 Whet Slot 3 Opponents chance to evade -15% (I defiantly can socket this better a lot and will also look into it now that I'm looking at it)

Armantin's Battle Gauntlets Level 60 Socketed with whet (Another opportunity to better socket for defense I just realized lol)

Denderan's Maneuver Level 90 Socketed with Regeneration per hit +0.8s

I can see now looking at them more where I could improve some sockets and perhaps farm up a few higher level set pieces but what would you suggest best to help with my defense?

Edited by MatrixShadow

On the damage side, looks like you have whet socketed, on the third socket for the shoulders and waist socket anneal from a Smith. Do you have a shopper? If not no biggy, even though you have Combat reflex I would still try to socket Anneal and even chance to evade, take a look at the first post, I updated it with pictures. See if you can get an idea from that.

On the damage side, looks like you have whet socketed, on the third socket for the shoulders and waist socket anneal from a Smith. Do you have a shopper? If not no biggy, even though you have Combat reflex I would still try to socket Anneal and even chance to evade, take a look at the first post, I updated it with pictures. See if you can get an idea from that.

Thanks a lot for the help! I replaced most of my whet with anneal I figure not being destroyed is a better idea. I'm sitting on +145% chance to evade right now I think I'm set for now for evasion.

Also what is your survival bonus at? What are the level of mobs you are fighting on Plat at level 76? Without a shopper of at least equal level on plat or a big smith you might be pushing it just a bit. Get a look at your relics also. Starting in plat and especially niob make sure you have relics to defend against the damage type the mobs are putting on you.