Character Name Editing

Now I’m sure there are many players out there that would like something like this :-

I like trying out different builds, predominantly LAN and SP.

For some of my more preferred Character types I would start a character and only play it with 1 or 2 skill picks taken and play it until level 75 and make it a base save to try builds with.

Problem they all have the same character name and before anyone re-directs me to the threads and murphy’s thread been there. Call me dumb just can’t get my head round the hex editing thing tried several times and failed.

Is there out there or anyone prepared to make a utility to just change character names ? It would be nice deity to but hey character name would be neat …… pretty please.

Heck I'd even zip the Character files up and send them to some one with the number of copies I would like and the New Character Names for each, but be great if we all could do easy.

Are you talking about changing the name when you create the character, or after you've created the character?

If after, I'm not sure there is a way (besides going into the files and changing stuff), but if you're talking about when creating characters, all you have to do is click on the generic name (ie. Seraphim) to change it.

I have a feeling that you're probably asking about changing it after creating the character, though, so I'm sorry I can't help out more than that ):

Good luck though!

~Jaggy

Are you talking about changing the name when you create the character, or after you've created the character?

If after, I'm not sure there is a way (besides going into the files and changing stuff), but if you're talking about when creating characters, all you have to do is click on the generic name (ie. Seraphim) to change it.

I have a feeling that you're probably asking about changing it after creating the character, though, so I'm sorry I can't help out more than that ):

Good luck though!

~Jaggy

After created.

Now I’m sure there are many players out there that would like something like this :-

For some of my more preferred Character types I would start a character and only play it with 1 or 2 skill picks taken and play it until level 75 and make it a base save to try builds with.

Problem they all have the same character name and before anyone re-directs me to the threads and murphy’s thread been there. Call me dumb just can’t get my head round the hex editing thing tried several times and failed.

Is there out there or anyone prepared to make a utility to just change character names ? It would be nice deity to but hey character name would be neat …… pretty please.

Heck I'd even zip the Character files up and send them to some one with the number of copies I would like and the New Character Names for each, but be great if we all could do easy.

it's very possible to change character name

use this sacred 2 editor from cheathappens.com

http://www.mediafire.com/?qcjmnxbydg4

Edited by mackeyz
  • 11 months later...

it's very possible to change character name

use this sacred 2 editor from cheathappens.com

http://www.mediafire.com/?qcjmnxbydg4

file deleted, any other links?