Lucky/unlucky toons upon creation

I've recently made 2 Temple Guardians, one Source warden and the other Lost fusion.

The source warden is at about level 55 and has been very unlucky with drops. He found very little sets/unis at all through the first 50 levels, even mini-boss farming was pretty much unsucessful.

The Lost Fusion is nearing 40 and has had awesome drops since start. He as found many sets/unis from normal mobs and bosses to the point where it made me think something is very different between the two toons.

Neither have any MF, around 10%.

The question is do you believe they get a kind of secret MF value that is set on creation?

I talked with Lllama a bit about this but we didn't come to a conclusion.

Do you find the same with your toons?

This is on closed HC if that makes a difference.

The only other difference between them is kill speed. One uses fiery ember which kills slowly in small hits and the other uses Amplified Discharge which is one-shotting most things. This could be further proof towards kill speed affecting drops :D

Edited by Dobster

lol...I dunno. The whole idea about lucky toons sounds like it could be feasible. Ive got a source warden temple guardian at level 60 at the moment thats been finding a fair few sets and the such as I level him. And I also have a shadow warrior that im using as a guardian killer with EP at level and 50-60% mf yet he's finding hardly anything...he's a bit clunky at the moment though, it hasnt quite clicked with him yet.

Mind you, Ive never had any real luck with guardian farming, my last farmer got up to 1k guardian+egg kills with only one legendary drop...a relic >< I swear, that its cos my lag makes it take the game longer to register the kill and thus any kill speed bonuses/requirements are stuffed up...which is a kinda argument for a kill speed factor to drops.

My girlfriend is for the full 100% for a luck factor wich is added to a character on creation. As she only plays single player she just moves up to the first chest and sees what's inside. If the itemdrop isn't blue/yellow delete char and restart. until she gets a yellow or blue drop. Those characters tend to be very lucky with drops later on in the game too. Even if compared to a char with equal killspeed.

edit:*mumbles something about typo's*

Edited by Arperum

You would need a lot of data to prove this. Or knowledge of the mechanics of sacred 2's pseudorandom. A computer cannot be truly random but it is to appearances. If a character had a hidden 'good or bad' seed that would be a very poor pseudorandom. Or else consider it a feature I guess....

You would need a lot of data to prove this theory. The data should show consistent trends over the toons lifetime. That is its seed should be bad 1-20 but also bad 21-40 41-60 61-80..... There would be some randomness like stock prices go up and down.

It would essentially be finding the signal in the noise. The signal is the seed. Like finding a radio message in static. The noise is the other random (appearing) factors..

I am expecting a lot of NOISE and hard to find the signal so to determine if its true I think you'd have to collect comprehensive data for maybe 20+ characters over a long level span 1-60 say...... Just guessing. I wouldn't know how to do the statistics on this problem I would have to research it. I would research signal to noise ratio to start out with of experimental instruments.

Increasing the drop rate in balance txt. would not help because it would increase the magnitude of both the signal and the noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps it's too early to write about my personal experiences regarding "lucky" or "unlucky" characters, but I have played with two Seraphims within past couple of weeks - and the first one of them seemed to have far better luck of finding good quality items. I got my first set piece drop just after I left Sloeford (a Kobold dropped it!), and after that I found rare and unique items on an almost regular basis. Before my first Seraphim "retired" at level 35, she had found about 10 set pieces and more than dozen uniques (not including class-specific items). But the other Seraphim, the one I created two days ago, haven't found virtually anything noteworthy yet; not a single unique or set item. I sure hope she isn't born under a bad sign. :devil: But as I said, it's still early. I will return to this topic later, when my new Seraphim has gained ~10 levels more...

You would need a lot of data to prove this. Or knowledge of the mechanics of sacred 2's pseudorandom. A computer cannot be truly random but it is to appearances. If a character had a hidden 'good or bad' seed that would be a very poor pseudorandom. Or else consider it a feature I guess....

You would need a lot of data to prove this theory. The data should show consistent trends over the toons lifetime. That is its seed should be bad 1-20 but also bad 21-40 41-60 61-80..... There would be some randomness like stock prices go up and down.

It would essentially be finding the signal in the noise. The signal is the seed. Like finding a radio message in static. The noise is the other random (appearing) factors..

I am expecting a lot of NOISE and hard to find the signal so to determine if its true I think you'd have to collect comprehensive data for maybe 20+ characters over a long level span 1-60 say...... Just guessing. I wouldn't know how to do the statistics on this problem I would have to research it. I would research signal to noise ratio to start out with of experimental instruments.

Increasing the drop rate in balance txt. would not help because it would increase the magnitude of both the signal and the noise.

:Just_Cuz_21:

I don't think killing speed has anything to do with drops since I have a dragon mage and a shadow warrior both at around the same level , took them both through bronze...and the shadow warrior altough he kills 2-3 times faster he got max 10 set items , but the dragon mage half way through playing him I started getting tons of sets from all the bossess.

The question is do you believe they get a kind of secret MF value that is set on creation?

The only other difference between them is kill speed. One uses fiery ember which kills slowly in small hits and the other uses Amplified Discharge which is one-shotting most things. This could be further proof towards kill speed affecting drops :thumbsup:

I believe that drops are affected by class in S1. I further believe that drops are affected by CA type in Sacred 2.

Each class has 3 different combat art trees. I believe fatal damage source is considered when the game is generating drops.

That way the game can slant (but not stack) your drops towards your character.

We know that runes are 40% likely to your class (from the balance.txt file).

It's not much of a stretch to believe drops are slanted towards your character type of that particular character.

A slant does not mean 100% chance your type of special drop... just that, over time, the average drops should be better for that character type.

You can still have horrible dry periods where nothing comes... or bizarre times where everywhere you turn there are great/useful drops.

Our brains are always making patterns--even when no pattern is there (or is insanely complex like Sacred). Personal experience will make us think one way, but the only real way to know for sure is either to reverse engineer the code... or take a huge sample, (10,000s of drops). With a huge sample the local hill climbing and clumping will be overwhelmed by the wealth of data points.

That all being said: I believe our combat arts used influence our drops. :D

Edited by FrostElfGuard

The only other difference between them is kill speed. One uses fiery ember which kills slowly in small hits and the other uses Amplified Discharge which is one-shotting most things. This could be further proof towards kill speed affecting drops :thumbsup:

I believe that drops are affected by class in S1. I further believe that drops are affected by CA type in Sacred 2.

Each class has 3 different combat art trees. I believe fatal damage source is considered when the game is generating drops.

That way the game can slant (but not stack) your drops towards your character.

We know that runes are 40% likely to your class (from the balance.txt file).

It's not much of a stretch to believe drops are slanted towards your character type of that particular character.

A slant does not mean 100% chance your type of special drop... just that, over time, the average drops should be better for that character type.

You can still have horrible dry periods where nothing comes... or bizarre times where everywhere you turn there are great/useful drops.

Our brains are always making patterns--even when no pattern is there (or is insanely complex like Sacred). Personal experience will make us think one way, but the only real way to know for sure is either to reverse engineer the code... or take a huge sample, (10,000s of drops). With a huge sample the local hill climbing and clumping will be overwhelmed by the wealth of data points.

That all being said: I believe our combat arts used influence our drops. :D

Thats quite possible when you think about the amulets that change their bonuses, usually to an aspect that you are using.