Potion of Undead Death...

How does it actually work? From SacredWiki: "Potions of Undead Death prevent the Undead enemies from rising up in full health (increases the chance to kill them the first time)". A few days ago I was in the Old Navy Port and fought against Skeleton Warriors, each one rising up twice. I tried using potions of Undead Death just before the bony fellows collapsed and/or right after they had felt down, but I didn't see any difference. Their hitpoint bar was full. So when should I use the potions? Before I start to bash the restless dead - or later, before they rise up again? Does the potion lower the original amount of hitpoints, meaning: the undead rise up with less health than in the beginning?

Edited by neuromantik

For the undead potions, and Maelstrom of Hell, the banishing is less than 100%. The duration is longer with the stronger potions.

Also, I firmly believe that some undead have some kind of "resistance" to this effect (a la Spell Resistance or Detrimental Effects type of thing). Terus immediately comes to mind, as I have had undead potions at 85%, and another 15+% Chance to Banish Undead from equipment, and he came back a couple of times on me. I also have noticed this with a lot of the Champion undead in the later difficulties.

Another of Sacred 2's mysteries?

I am from the point of view that they are broken on consoles. I have tried using them extensively before, but my situation was the same as yours. They do not seem to affect the undead in any way, shape, or form for me.

Also, you have to use them when you first start hacking on the undead, it reduces the chance that the undead will lay on the ground with no hp and then rise again. it'll increase the chance that they give xp and drops on the first try.(or if they resurrect, on the second try, or theorethically third, fourth, fifth and any more tries, never had them ressurect more then twice though)

A potion of undead death adds to the chance that an undead that can ressurect won't. It doesn't guarantee it... it just boosts the chance they won't rise again.

Further on General Terus: He'll have a high willpower+spell resistance... I would not be surprised if these attributes/skills oppose the effect of the potion. Could be a straight -% chance.

General Terus might have been programmed to be completely unaffected by undead potions as he is a quest mini-boss.

I ran them on console and if you use them for a period of time and then without, you will notice fewer resurrections when you keep them up and running than if you don't. Whether the number of fewer resurrections is worth the trouble is Dependant on level, difficulty, char build etc. I don't think you can put a definite dumber on it since the "chance" part of the equation keeps us guessing.

As Arperum and others have mentioned, you need to drink the potion before you start fighting, or while engaging in battle. Think of it as something that boosts your abilities - when you are attacking, you have a higher chance because your abilities have been improved. If you drink the potion after taking the enemy down, it doesn't change anything, because you're no longer doing anything to them.

Like they said, it does only increase your chance, not guarantee that they won't rise again.

Hope everything's been helpful for you :3

~Jaggy

Thanks for the replies. As a Sacred newbie, I will probably ask many stupid sounding questions in the future too. Just be patient with me... :)

Edited by neuromantik
Further on General Terus: He'll have a high willpower+spell resistance... I would not be surprised if these attributes/skills oppose the effect of the potion. Could be a straight -% chance.

General Terus might have been programmed to be completely unaffected by undead potions as he is a quest mini-boss.

I agree with first statement.

Second statement is definitely not true. I've killed him on the first go many times with active undead potion and/or the chance to banish undead modifier.

No problem, that's why we're all here! And remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question *nods*

"Where's the water bottle?" (in S1) Now that is a stupid question...

Also, don't forget that Terus & the Undead Prince are mini-bosses & so are "special" so they may not be affected by the Undead potions at all.

I agree with first statement.

Second statement is definitely not true. I've killed him on the first go many times with active undead potion and/or the chance to banish undead modifier.

Ah! The voice of experience! Thanks for elim-a-dating my ignorance. It's facts like this that really help players out like me.

Thank you.