High Damage Ice Elf Build

When I ran this build she was around level 116. Extraordinay damage, but not enough to make that last guardian comfy for me. The Cascading shroud only lasts thirty seconds...and with it on there would be instances where placement, bad luck,who knows... the last guardian could weather it through everything I could throw at it and it would do devastating blows to me in return.

It's too bad I can't drop the cool down on it... means I can only use it once against guardians ... oh well..it makes for using it not so godly and more strategic like a god spell ^^

Builds now at level 130 and I don't have to use Cascading anymore which takes time to cast... getting closer and closer to Master Spunky's Timed Guardian runs.

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. DB yes, that's the strategy so far... get all the first three guardians down quickly and save the shroud for that last nefariously uber hp gifted one.

I like your build and write up. I do have a question as I play on console. I believe I've read somewhere that the silver mod Feel Cold for Crystal Skin does not work properly. By being limited to Focalise would this seriously crank down the damage done by GT? I'm really liking the HE and in playing prefer ice over fire and just wanted to know if any of you esteemed members knew the answer.

I like your build and write up. I do have a question as I play on console. I believe I've read somewhere that the silver mod Feel Cold for Crystal Skin does not work properly. By being limited to Focalise would this seriously crank down the damage done by GT? I'm really liking the HE and in playing prefer ice over fire and just wanted to know if any of you esteemed members knew the answer.

I haven't heard about Feels Cold not working properly. I am looking for that in a search here but can't find it, do you have any info on that?

It was mentioned in another Ice build located here http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13009. I would prefer to use Feel Cold in a build as I wouldn't be using damage in another line. I wish I could find a definite answer but realize most here are PC players and not locked with the console version.

I didn't see it in the wiki and I guess I've only seen it mentioned in this other build but since it was mentioned specifically in the mod part it made me question it.

Edited by Superfreq
It was mentioned in another Ice build located here http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13009. I would prefer to use Feel Cold in a build as I wouldn't be using damage in another line. I wish I could find a definite answer but realize most here are PC players and not locked with the console version.

Now I see. Well, if your on Console then by this information( limited as it is) I would say go with Focalize. it will give a bump to intelligence and thereby increase damage. Maybe not as much as Feels Cold but you should still be in good shape.

Focalise boosts Spell Intensity (resulting in a higher chance that opponent's won't suceed on their Spell Resist/Intensity check & so they'll not take reduced damage before resists), not Intelligence.

The Feel Cold mod on glacial thorns IS broken...sort of. If the damage per thorn exceeds a certian amount (I can't recall whether this is 5K or 8K or 10K) the spell stops working - the damage 'self nerfs'

two ways to overcome this:

MORE thorns (rather than MORE ice damage) on glacial thorns

and/or select Focalise.

I did both. However I did not select CD, which limited the build's damage potential very seriously.

I wound up going with Glacial Mirror - Focalize - Frosty Breeze in Crystal Skin. For the Thorns I will mod Frost - Devastation - Fusilade, haven't got their yet (only 27) as I modded Frost Flare first.

I just picked up Combat Discipline at level 25 and will get Ancient Magic at 35, so I hope the damage should suffice.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm using this build its fun ...but as its got Delphic focus and Lore I using Cobalt strike + Frost flare in a combo... the Cobalt 1 shots spiders on each jump(modded for chain lightening) and the frost finishes champions mobs in swamps Gold at level 60 :agreed: In some of my slots I have +6 cobalt/frost Niob runes

Now as I got no anti DoT gear yet but high in combat hp regen and my health can safetly go down I was thinking does the mod Damage of Enraged Players work with spell based CAs ?

Ahhh, I love the idea! Schot had actually chosen same skills as this build on an earlier build. His choice of mods was different so he ended up being able to play with his toon kind of close to what you have going. I actually wanted to do a full force Lightning Girl kind of build... can you tell which mods you took for it? I was considering putting the lightning into a combo...but I messed up when I was going up in levels and kind of modded the lightning for a Hard Hit rather than a spectacular Multi Hit.

Any chance of you being able to get this on a video for us to see? If I get inspired, I'm thinking of rerolling a new toon soon.

:)

gogo

ok now at level 71 my Cobalt is level 46 only 1 eaten 5748 damage 2.4 secs on mount (needs to be a bit less time maybe) mods chain/chain/Area of Effect

the chain allways works(100%) the Area of Effect is small and seams to only hit 1 or 2 others for 50% damage

I have +32 cobalt and +12 frost from gear and niob runes a right mixture of gear ! lots of slots and 5 slots sword/shield

+17 CA + 13 all skills +500% damage from niob blacksmith wets

71 mystic focus

71 mystic lore

5 armor lore

1 concentration

71 delphic focus

3 combat discipline

1 ancient magic

13 delphic lore >> only! puting points into consititution untill 75 then will get 75 here

38 constitution

2 bargaining

Cobalt damage would be more if delphic lore had more points :)

need more HP now as mobs can hit harder

no can do on video sry

Edited by Bonan
  • 1 month later...

NIce, Woody, Go Ice Elf!

I'm insanely addicted to life with the Agent lately, I can't get over how robust at taking damage and giving it out she is. Her Area of Effect is sick, her Guardian killing power is sick, ability to walk through damage, sick...

Goddess

sorceressfull.jpg

:D

gogo

A question... Does "Delphic Arcania Lore " increase the regeneration of GI? :s I though it only increase the damage... dont you use Magic strike or cobalt strike too :S?

Delphic lore does increase the hp regeneration, as well as damage from the aspects attack CAs.

but what will you do with all those modification for CA if you dont use magic strike for example :S?

I typicallly mod Grand Invigoration, then Expulse magic, then Shadow Step. those 9 points require 70 skill points to be spent on the lore and focus. more than enough to last you a while.

After that use those mod points any way you wish

but what will you do with all those modification for CA if you dont use magic strike for example :S?

I typicallly mod Grand Invigoration, then Expulse magic, then Shadow Step. those 9 points require 70 skill points to be spent on the lore and focus. more than enough to last you a while.

interesting... how you mod EM?

As a matter of personal preference I go with

Expansion: Some will argue that strength is better, and they may be right. But I like the larger area of effect against the Undead

Banish Dead: The reduction of incoming weaking effects is good, but I choose undead so I can grind in Clearview, and the northern Swamp area. Poppin' Skulls in fun.

Protection: Always for me. the Block Chance to CA in Ice and Blood is the only way to survice against all the spell casters out there.

As a matter of personal preference I go with

Expansion: Some will argue that strength is better, and they may be right. But I like the larger area of effect against the Undead

Banish Dead: The reduction of incoming weaking effects is good, but I choose undead so I can grind in Clearview, and the northern Swamp area. Poppin' Skulls in fun.

Protection: Always for me. the Block Chance to CA in Ice and Blood is the only way to survice against all the spell casters out there.

This works well :) If you dont feel the need to go hunting undead then the alternative of modding this Strength, Pentagram, Protection makes this awesome defensively.

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • 3 weeks later...

This is going to be my second build I am going to try. First being the Seraphim shopper build posted by rooster in support of this build.

I feel a bit supid asking the same quiestions again .......

1. Should expert touch be enabled ?

2. How did you mod Nimbus and Frost flare ?

Thanks again for the awesome how to build.

Edited by BLaaR

This is going to be my second build I am going to try. First being the Seraphim shopper build posted by rooster in support of this build.

I feel a bit supid asking the same quiestions again .......

1. Should expert touch be enabled ?

2. How did you mod Nimbus and Frost flare ?

Thanks again for the awesome how to build.

I'm interested in this build as well. I'd like to know about eating runes. Which CAs do you leave at 1 and which do you pump? Anything need to be kept at focus limit or can you just go hog wild on some of the buffs?

Thanks for the detailed guide, as well.