112 replies to this topic

#41 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 27,196 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:49 AM

You turned my head on a loop here Llama...possible to actually make storm a boss killer? Wow...I didn't even go down that line...but if it's possible, it would neat to see...lol reverse the thorns to mob and the storm to boss killer ^ :lol: This weekend I'll also post the Agent's gear for everyone.

I'm not sure it necessarily has the damage output to kill off a Guardian (in the time scale that you're doing it with GT), it would definitely be good for debuffing the boss' AR to make it much less likely to hit you. Having said that, it might be able to kill a Guardian eventually, especially if you're spamming it, I'm not sure... GT will likely have a significant lead in the damage output stakes (IIRC GT has a higher damage per thorn & you can focus most of those thorns on a single target -> massive damage), but RN also slows the target down & can debuff their attack value so even if they do catch up to you they should have a much lowered chance to hit in melee.

It might be something to test on a blank level 200 character to see what you can do with it... Downside of RN are it's starting majority physical element (heavily resisted) & low damage compared to GT, upsides are the duration (6 or 9 seconds), Area of Effect (not really suited for killing bosses, though it does keep them in affected by it for longer, more so with the slow effect) & debuff (movement speed & Attack Value).

I'm at level 126 now, I'm at the point where I just mastered Delphic Lore... I"m avidly putting more points into a mostly Combat Discipline, and a few every now and then to "release" the points for the mods for Nimbus...I'm not sure whether it's going to happen b'fore 140 though :( My take on this is so far, having gotten to mod the shroud got me the boss killing, good one at that... and my serendipity was the nimbus.. combo is turning out to be just stellar.

Sorry, I'm a bit late. I've been really busy this week, but now I'm free, free throughout the summer... :blink:

This build is extraordinary. I'm not interested in magic , so I can't understand very well all the build basics, but I've been several times with you in a team and man, I don't want to meet you in PvP, never :D She is death itself. Sometimes I was even sadden by the Guardian's savage deaths :) You've done a great work dude.

Thank you Munera! You are a whizz with mechanics. If you like it, maybe this means I did something right :P How bout those experience showers huh! :lol:

How did you mod raging nimbus and flare?

Can't seem to find it. The mods for thorns is in the original post.

Ranging Nimbus
Wrath...still have not got to other two. Because I chose both the delphics, the regen on this is excellent. I can probably recast it faster than any increase in cycle.^^

Frost Flare
Spell flow, frost Icy Circle.

In the guide constitution is listed as the fifth skill. Not sure if you are putting them in order of skill picks but getting constitution is not possible without picking either armor lore or spell resist.

Armor lore fast, then spell resistance. In looking over what I want the build to be able to have done by 150, I am thinking that perhaps the shield lore would have done me better. SR is wonderful in swamps...but I am almost 100 percent levling this build on Guardians now, so I would definitely have gotten benefits from the shield lore to butress survivability against the Guardians... who knows though... anyone care to wager what kind of effect Spell Resistance has v.s. guardians?

hrmmm on consoles this build would be mildly different but otherwise the meta would be roughly the same. The real difference on consoles is the lack of enemy spells being actually, well... harmful. Most spells pre-Ice and Blood are slows, roots, and the occasional fireball. That said most of the effects are really not enough to justify an entire skill and the mod on crystal skin. Instead, the slow mod to reduce enemy movement would be more useful and enhanced perception to make up for the lack of socketed chance to find valuables would most definitely be helpful in farming legendaries. So really on consoles one could skip spell resistance all together and be perfectly fine(hp wise), sure the usually random slow/root will be annoying but they only last a few seconds, and with this kind of damage most enemies should be dead long before then, you'll prolly end up standing around for the last bit of the duration. : )

The boss(duration) mod on RN mentioned above would definitely be useful as us console users can't focus our thorns at all, what with it being distance based... x.x

On second thought, it may be more useful to drop delphic arcania lore as well, not really much in the line of damage from those spells and constitution mastery combined with the solid levels in GI should provide enough hp recovery, perhaps toughness lore would be better or some kind of evasion(speed lore)?

Ah well, I'm no expert, but I'll be making a 'secret agent' as well, nice work gogo and schot for the vid. balloon heads hehe, I hope the thorns make em pop ^^;

I hope you have as much fun with your agent as I'm having with it. Having this kind of destructive power and huge booming noises at the tips of our fingers... I'm addicted, hopelessly.

And a few notes I wanted to add

Thorns seemed to miss so much..I would often walk away from my computer in disgust because it kept "missing" Schot counseled patience, patience... ((infuriating :P ) Anyway I was so frustrated with what I thought the thorns were... a uber bugged spell... I began making countless combos... the one I stuck with for about 30 levels was:

• Frost
  • Thorns
Beautiful results... finally I was happy! If you let the button release go off for the complete cycle... the frost would fire, the thorns would sometimes target a different enemy while thorns went after another... I sometimes found this useful, specially against spiders in swamps. As well... if you click again in mid casting of the combo... you will break the sequence, and instead of it casting Thorns, you can super spam the frost over and over (really wonderful this) while releasing your finger to let thorns cast if you so wish it as final touch.

Combos are really important to me, I keep wanting to twist the way things work, to find new ways of executing. Frost thorns combo improved my kiling speed because Frost would actively target enemies because it's a multi hit. Of course, it would change my behavior because of this...I would have to begin pulling enemies to get them into frost flare worthiness position, but seeing it go off, that cool pingining noise of success that came with it was the delightful reward.

Ryan, we have picked the song, and will work on the mobbing video for you, and we will have a new download section at DarkMatters by end of week, we'll make this build available for the community.

:)

gogo

p.s. Note regarding thorns not hitting properly...this is frustrating, and happens a few times when I am in against bosses. The thorns are difficult enough to control as it is...but having to deal with the Game's Boss Camera... nightmare o_O I've had to change settings a few times for ingame camera so that I can produce the power focus as easily as possible. Is camera control available on console?

#42 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Mister Einsteinium

• Fellowship
  • 1,952 posts
  • Gamertag:ryanrocker1217

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

p.s. Note regarding thorns not hitting properly...this is frustrating, and happens a few times when I am in against bosses. The thorns are difficult enough to control as it is...but having to deal with the Game's Boss Camera... nightmare o_O I've had to change settings a few times for ingame camera so that I can produce the power focus as easily as possible. Is camera control available on console?

Camera control is not available for consoles. Yet another main aspect of the game we cannot have access to. Ran the build up to 25 and am lovin' it btw.

Check out my Grim Dawn Let's Play!          Or my Path of Exile live stream!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                        http://www.twitch.tv/glacierbolt

#43 Llama8

Llama8

Sacred International Forum Moderator

• Sacred Game Forum Staffer
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Yeah, I think the thorns are cast from the HE's left hand which is slightly to the right of her body.

#44 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Mister Einsteinium

• Fellowship
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

*Gulp* Three shotted today by Xanthiar :D . One fire spell and two claw swipes did my Secret Agent in. Level 15 Crystal skin and 18 Grand Invigoration. Level 29 though so I guess I'll just have to rebuild. (Maybe on PC this time around :) )

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                        http://www.twitch.tv/glacierbolt

#45 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 27,196 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

owch! :wow:

lol, Guardians at level 28..yer braver than I am. I for sure had all my skills picked with a few masteries in hand before I took those guys on. Guardians really scare me, I can never seem to tell how a run is going to run, and in HC Closed, one mistake means a ton of hours lost.
Good luck with your rebuild, are you at least having fun with the Thorns? What did you think about putting them in a combo with Frost Flare as your main attack...does that work for you?

:woot:

gogo

#46 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Mister Einsteinium

• Fellowship
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

owch! :wow:

lol, Guardians at level 28..yer braver than I am. I for sure had all my skills picked with a few masteries in hand before I took those guys on. Guardians really scare me, I can never seem to tell how a run is going to run, and in HC Closed, one mistake means a ton of hours lost.
Good luck with your rebuild, are you at least having fun with the Thorns? What did you think about putting them in a combo with Frost Flare as your main attack...does that work for you?

:wow:

gogo

It was Xanthiar the dragon gogo where have you been? :woot: Lol, yes I tried the Frost Flare then Thorns combo and it really wasn't doing it for me. But then I discovered the Nimbus then Thorns combo. Oh, man that was soooooo much fun. Boom! 100 crits all over the screen! Yea that was a really fun combo.

#47 Putrescine

Putrescine

Prince of Helium

• Fellowship
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

LOVED IT! :D

However... Where'd you get enough sockets for the fire/poison defense that is needed for the last two guardians on a HE? O.o
Posted Image

Living is just another way to show people you screwed up.

Character Overview - Hybrid Hunter Dryad

#48 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I know that he used cascading shroud to hide from the last guardian. As to the other one...relics plus mastery in armour lore might be enough?

#49 Llama8

Llama8

• 3,924 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

Or just wait until Cascading has regen'd... It's almost like a cheat mode....

#50 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, but the cooldown on it is huge and cant be reduced...60s...gogo probably had all the guardians dead in that time.

#51 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 27,196 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

When I ran this build she was around level 116. Extraordinay damage, but not enough to make that last guardian comfy for me. The Cascading shroud only lasts thirty seconds...and with it on there would be instances where placement, bad luck,who knows... the last guardian could weather it through everything I could throw at it and it would do devastating blows to me in return.

It's too bad I can't drop the cool down on it... means I can only use it once against guardians ... oh well..it makes for using it not so godly and more strategic like a god spell ^^

Builds now at level 130 and I don't have to use Cascading anymore which takes time to cast... getting closer and closer to Master Spunky's Timed Guardian runs.

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. DB yes, that's the strategy so far... get all the first three guardians down quickly and save the shroud for that last nefariously uber hp gifted one.

#52 Superfreq

Superfreq

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Platform:XBOX
  • Gamertag:c0untzer0kc

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

I like your build and write up. I do have a question as I play on console. I believe I've read somewhere that the silver mod Feel Cold for Crystal Skin does not work properly. By being limited to Focalise would this seriously crank down the damage done by GT? I'm really liking the HE and in playing prefer ice over fire and just wanted to know if any of you esteemed members knew the answer.

#53 locolagarto

locolagarto

Holos Burger Survivor

• FDM Moderator
  • 4,088 posts
  • Gamertag:locolagarto

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

I like your build and write up. I do have a question as I play on console. I believe I've read somewhere that the silver mod Feel Cold for Crystal Skin does not work properly. By being limited to Focalise would this seriously crank down the damage done by GT? I'm really liking the HE and in playing prefer ice over fire and just wanted to know if any of you esteemed members knew the answer.

I haven't heard about Feels Cold not working properly. I am looking for that in a search here but can't find it, do you have any info on that?

#54 Superfreq

Superfreq

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

It was mentioned in another Ice build located here http://darkmatters.o...showtopic=13009. I would prefer to use Feel Cold in a build as I wouldn't be using damage in another line. I wish I could find a definite answer but realize most here are PC players and not locked with the console version.

I didn't see it in the wiki and I guess I've only seen it mentioned in this other build but since it was mentioned specifically in the mod part it made me question it.

Edited by Superfreq, 09 July 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#55 locolagarto

locolagarto

Holos Burger Survivor

• FDM Moderator
  • 4,088 posts
  • Gamertag:locolagarto

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

It was mentioned in another Ice build located here http://darkmatters.o...showtopic=13009. I would prefer to use Feel Cold in a build as I wouldn't be using damage in another line. I wish I could find a definite answer but realize most here are PC players and not locked with the console version.

Now I see. Well, if your on Console then by this information( limited as it is) I would say go with Focalize. it will give a bump to intelligence and thereby increase damage. Maybe not as much as Feels Cold but you should still be in good shape.

#56 Llama8

Llama8

• 3,924 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

Focalise boosts Spell Intensity (resulting in a higher chance that opponent's won't suceed on their Spell Resist/Intensity check & so they'll not take reduced damage before resists), not Intelligence.

#57 SolomonGrundy

SolomonGrundy

Radon Master

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Gamertag:SolomonGrundy06

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

The Feel Cold mod on glacial thorns IS broken...sort of. If the damage per thorn exceeds a certian amount (I can't recall whether this is 5K or 8K or 10K) the spell stops working - the damage 'self nerfs'

two ways to overcome this:

MORE thorns (rather than MORE ice damage) on glacial thorns

and/or select Focalise.

I did both. However I did not select CD, which limited the build's damage potential very seriously.

#58 Superfreq

Superfreq

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

I wound up going with Glacial Mirror - Focalize - Frosty Breeze in Crystal Skin. For the Thorns I will mod Frost - Devastation - Fusilade, haven't got their yet (only 27) as I modded Frost Flare first.

I just picked up Combat Discipline at level 25 and will get Ancient Magic at 35, so I hope the damage should suffice.

Thanks for the info.

#59 kelya

kelya

Leaden Juggernaut

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hello

I am a newbie in sacred 2 (console) and just start your Ice build

Can you tell me how point place in each skill for level 200 and what I put over 75

thank

#60 Bonan

Bonan

Indium Shaman

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

I'm using this build its fun ...but as its got Delphic focus and Lore I using Cobalt strike + Frost flare in a combo... the Cobalt 1 shots spiders on each jump(modded for chain lightening) and the frost finishes champions mobs in swamps Gold at level 60 :agreed: In some of my slots I have +6 cobalt/frost Niob runes
Now as I got no anti DoT gear yet but high in combat hp regen and my health can safetly go down I was thinking does the mod Damage of Enraged Players work with spell based CAs ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users