Detailed kill count?

Is there any way to see the exact amount of enemies you have defeated in the game, sorted out by their type? Just out of morbid curiosity, I would like to see how many Kobolds my character has butchered thus far. :) I remember reading a thread (can't remember where), in which someone mentioned the "rat infestation" in Ancaria; a big percentage of his/her kills were rodents. Where did he/she get that information? Did the person write down every kill made?

Edited by neuromantik

Not by each enemy type, but you have a counter for all your kills in your inventory screen if you hover your mouse over the character name, Victims(for shadow chars) and Collateral Damage(for light chars).

Rats are a large percentage of any ones kills if they hang around the Human or elven zone. I am sure they have reduced their number of late, pretty sure when game first came out they were everywhere, or maybe there are just so many of them that I just ignore them after a while. I was convinced at one stage that economy of Sacred 2 was based on rat droppings. Luckily their number decreases once you hit orc region, they probably eat them there (would explain lack of crops). None in next region but they are back for swamp but by then I just run away from them unless an olm sticks me in place, they are hardly worth killing. After that you see very few rats.

I read in a post here yesterday that game does actually keep score of your individual kills of certain kinds but its a hidden stat and we can't see it normally. Game just combines it all into the totals you get on the sigma menu (normally on page2 for me).

Is there any way to see the exact amount of enemies you have defeated in the game, sorted out by their type? Just out of morbid curiosity, I would like to see how many Kobolds my character has butchered thus far. :) I remember reading a thread (can't remember where), in which someone mentioned the "rat infestation" in Ancaria; a big percentage of his/her kills were rodents. Where did he/she get that information? Did the person write down every kill made?

Arperum mentioned a detail count hidden in the save game file. He was gonna work on a little utility program for us to read those details.

I said to wait until July with the poking!

*Don't stab me like that!*

Also, This are the subclasses I found in the savedata

Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_PLANT: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ANIMAL: 181
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ANIMAL_ATMO: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_HUMAN: 96
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_HE_HUMAN: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_BARBARIAN: 153
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_HIGHELF: 40
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DWARF: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ORC: 213
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DRYAD: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_MECHANICAL: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_UNDEAD: 13
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_T_MUTATION: 48
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_INSECT: 2
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_REPTILE: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DRAGON: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DEMON: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ENERGY: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_MONSTER: 34
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_TURRET: 4
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_SWITCH: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_AREA: 1
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_PHYSICS: 0

So I can't go in any more details then this, I'm going to have to figure out what the difference between Animal and Animal_atmo is, further I'll need that HE_Human fixed up and such, and then make it give this data, together with the other data in that file printed out in a nice way. (The above is already nicer then it is in the file :))

The above are just the stats of some random level 16 character I have. If anyone can send me the sacred2stats file of a character wich has killed about everything in the game that would be very usefull, so then I can clearly see that Dwarves aren't used, so I don't need to implement them in my layout and such things. I can then also see if that animal_atmo is ever used, if not that would spare me the work of finding out what exactly it refers too.

Errr, I seem to keep typing, I'll stop now, but more detail then above isn't possible I'm afraid. (Barbarian includes Kobolds, that is certain)

If someone is willing to kill at least 1 of every different enemie in the game and then send me the savefiles, that'll be a great help. (or even better would be a different char for each region, with the region clearly in the name of the character.)

Try your poking finger on some enemies :) so I have good files to start working with. (boost a char some levels with blood forest quest, and then go slaugther everything in a region, repeat until al regions done :D, You've got two weeks left. *hides for the evil finger of doom*

Try your poking finger on some enemies :) so I have good files to start working with. (boost a char some levels with blood forest quest, and then go slaugther everything in a region, repeat until al regions done :D, You've got two weeks left. *hides for the evil finger of doom*

I can send you my level 155 seraphim with all regions. then we can see about breaking up some responsibilities amongst the clan and get you some test characters from each region.

Calling all Clan [D.a.r.k] ! :)

We need to set-up and test some simple characters for Arp. one char for each region. nothing special just need kill numbers

So if we can have some volunteers to put a few hours into a test build, we need one for

HE region

Human Region

Orc Region

seraphim Island

Swamp

Desert

Jungle

Dryad

Wastelands

Crystal plains

Blood forest

Level doesn't matter, but kills should be ample enough for good discection. we can boost them in Freeplay then use the start isle cave to tele into your selected region for some killin'. :D

Also, if it is possible they should kill all different kinds of enemies in the region, so bosses too.

Thanks Loco for helping me get some good data.

Edit: Make sure to not make a kill outside of your region (well, except for easter quest or something, but do tell me if you did.)

Edited by Arperum
Also, if it is possible they should kill all different kinds of enemies in the region, so bosses too.

Thanks Loco for helping me get some good data.

Edit: Make sure to not make a kill outside of your region (well, except for easter quest or something, but do tell me if you did.)

and I think if a region has a t-energy pool we should farm that a bit, as I suspect that will be our duplicate entrys. 1 for human, and another for t-energy human etc

Bosses and champs won't be easy, I found a value called achievements, with then 9 numbers after it, I guess bosses and champs are going to be in that thing somehow. so get me exports of a char rigth before a bosskill, and one rigth after, and then another bosskill with another export. :sweating: same for a champion, and then add another champion.

So that way I have three files wich I can compare, if it's one number that is going up, then I've found the rigth spot. tedious work, but the only way to find out.

Arperum,

I read in a previous thread. This work would be completed for SP only? Not on Multi-Player Servers?

Not that I can help much, cant seem to find the options.txt file for camera view. Gotta love Vista... :sweating:

This is of course just out of curiosity and clarification purposes. Perhaps I read the previous thread wrong?

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian
Arperum,

I read in a previous thread. This work would be completed for SP only? Not on Multi-Player Servers?

Not that I can help much, cant seem to find the options.txt file for camera view. Gotta love Vista... :sweating:

This is of course just out of curiosity and clarification purposes. Perhaps I read the previous thread wrong?

I remain, Etherian

Technically the only save files he can view will be off-line. however we can export our closed net characters to off-line play. So we can still periodically export and view the details he is gonna start work on soon. (Poke...opps pokin' finger got away from me).

We can still help on closed net by creating a new char and play only one region then stop. Make sure you have hit a few of every type of enemy you can think of. Then export the game save and we can zip it up to Arp to analyze.

I'll help you with your camera view this weekend. ;)

I don't think you will find many kills in the subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DWARF though it looked like they may have planned to introduce them later on (or just left the option open). I wonder what is classified as a Barbarian since that file shows 153 kills.

Humanoids are Barbarian, Kobolds and the like. Basically anything that drops shrunken barbarian heads :o, and possibly some more...

I do need those region chars exactly for the purpose of not finding dwarves or even finding them :), and for easier finding out what enemy is what.

I'm thinking that we better split this whole discussion of to some other topic, because this isn't what the topic opener was aiming for :crazy:

Loco, I have my final exam in a couple hours( in 3.5 hours) and instead of revising, I'm here... thinking of how to work this out properly.

Edited by Arperum
Well this can wait. You better get your mind on those exams. We can sort this out later.

But I don't like making websites, I'd rather program something.

Bleh, I'm really sick of this exam. But I won't be looking at the topic anymore until I get back (I leave in 30 minutes), and that'll be tommorrow at 7 PM or something(And no, I'm not going to do an exam of 30 hours, just 3 hours exam, the rest is part of getting/having a life :crazy:)

edit: I'll even try to convince a couple people to help me with the programming :)

Edited by Arperum

Hope your exam went well Arperum!

Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_PLANT: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ANIMAL: 181
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ANIMAL_ATMO: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_HUMAN: 96
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_HE_HUMAN: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_BARBARIAN: 153
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_HIGHELF: 40
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DWARF: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ORC: 213
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DRYAD: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_MECHANICAL: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_UNDEAD: 13
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_T_MUTATION: 48
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_INSECT: 2
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_REPTILE: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DRAGON: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_DEMON: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_ENERGY: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_LIFE_MONSTER: 34
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_TURRET: 4
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_SWITCH: 0
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_AREA: 1
Kills Of Subfamily SUBFAM_TRAP_PHYSICS: 0

At a guess I'd probably say that ANIMAL_ATMO is the class for non-targetable animals, frogs, cats, deer, etc & HE_HUMAN might be Human slaves of the High Elves (which fits in with the backstory). I'm not sure I've seen any REPTILE monsters though, unless those are the lizard men in the swamp/island off the coast of the Jungle.

At a guess I'd probably say that ANIMAL_ATMO is the class for non-targetable animals, frogs, cats, deer, etc & HE_HUMAN might be Human slaves of the High Elves (which fits in with the backstory). I'm not sure I've seen any REPTILE monsters though, unless those are the lizard men in the swamp/island off the coast of the Jungle.

Are turtles reptiles? It's been about 30yrs since I've taken a biology class so don't remember for sure.

Are turtles reptiles? It's been about 30yrs since I've taken a biology class so don't remember for sure.

Not in Sacred 2 they're not, they're Wild Animals.

I came up with that animal_atmo yesterday too, but we'll have to check if the bunnies in Thylisiuml count as animals or animals_atmo. My gf said there is also a quest wich allows you to hunt deer, so that one needs to be checked too.