Seraphim & Staff Lore & Pelting Strikes

I searched and did not find anything on the Seraphim and Staff Lore.

She gets Staff Lore as a secondary choice (like the Dryad).

She has a multi-target melee CA (Pelting Strikes) like the Dryad's Darting Assault (which can be modded for 360).

Isn't Pelting Strikes 360 degree targeting out of the box?

Does the unlimited range of a Staff also apply to the Seraphim?

Anybody try this out?

signed,

Curious George aka Frost

She has a multi-target melee CA (Pelting Strikes) like the Dryad's Darting Assault (which can be modded for 360).

Anybody try this out?

signed,

Curious George aka Frost

chattius spoke of it in one of his posts and I have experimented.

Pelting continues to work as it does with other weapons skills, however the range of the CA is greatly expanded. Unlike Darting Assualt for Dryad, Pelting does not hit multi targets simultaneously, but sequentially. And it is limited to only 3 targets. However it is a fun build, especially using the LL/RpH lines as a hunting dog to know where the enemy lies off screen.

Makes me wonder if they meant to limit the Dryad's ability to hit multiple foes... or meant to spend time giving the Seraphim the same benefit the Dryad enjoys. Might be just as easy as an entry in a .txt file (spells.txt)

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Used this same thought process on my shoping network.

Like Loco said earlier, it is a fun build in the beginning. level's 1-30. I really started to think the idea had no longevity. Magic 1 handed staffs do not spawn with the same violence as a Sword or Axe, sadly.

In the end...Niob, I wish, but truely dont see this build getting past Gold. :thumbsup:

Love the Tracers!

I remain, Etherian

Anybody try this out?

signed,

Curious George aka Frost

I have a three-aspect build (@level 51 atm) based on staff lore + pelting and she is awesome. :agreed:

- yes the it has 360 degree angle

- yes it has very long range (not unlimited though) after the first close-range hit

Cons:

- the attack-animation is rather slow, no instant multiple hits similar to Darting Assault or Ruthless Mutilation

- only 4 hits

It doesn't look very impressive at first sight... and indeed it is not impressive at all. But if we pick Dual Wield too things start to get interesting:

- 6 hits insted of 4 (+50%)

- faster animation (+20-30% estimated)

Dashing Alacrity makes it even faster but still it's not suitable for mass-destruction by itself.

What turns it really awesome is our favourite 'regen per hit' property. Six sure hits with RPH allows you much-much longer regen time for other (non-weapon based) combat arts which scale up quite well per level. Just put Pelting Strikes into a combo after Radiant Pillar or Flaring Nova (or both if you have Combat Discipline) and enjoy the show. :thumbsup:

• 11 months later...

I'm not sure if tapir is still around or if anyone else has done any extensive experimenting with a staff lore/dual wield seraphim? I was thinking of experimenting with one just to see if I could get it to work and have a build that would eventually make it to Niob. I would welcome any opinions, suggestions, comments, etc.

Haven't really settled on a precise build as of yet. Wondering if I could get the damage output at an acceptable level, if Damage Lore would be worthwhile, would it be viable to have Concentration to run Battle Stance and Energy Shield buffs, that type of thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help. :D

I'm not sure if tapir is still around or if anyone else has done any extensive experimenting with a staff lore/dual wield seraphim? I was thinking of experimenting with one just to see if I could get it to work and have a build that would eventually make it to Niob. I would welcome any opinions, suggestions, comments, etc.

Haven't really settled on a precise build as of yet. Wondering if I could get the damage output at an acceptable level, if Damage Lore would be worthwhile, would it be viable to have Concentration to run Battle Stance and Energy Shield buffs, that type of thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help. :D

I don't think there is any reason it cannot be made to work, Crowgrrrl. You seem to realize the biggest issue in that your 'melee' damage will be lower than a DW with swords or axes... Damage Lore will help, but mastery will be needed to see the +damage and/or + duration of the secondary effects...

EW Focus

Tactics Lore

Staff Lore

Dual Wield

RT Focus

Warding Energy Lore

Concentration

I think this is your "required" skills list, so you do have some room to play with if you want to add Damage Lore, and more defence... maybe even EP ;)

Thanks for the help Scott! What I will probably do is add armor lore, constitution and either damage lore or toughness. I should probably do a test with a blank character, one with toughness and one with damage lore. If armor lore is mastered asap to give access to the damage mitigation mod on armor I might be able to get away with not taking toughness, not sure though.

If you or anyone else has any other thoughts or suggestions they would be most welcome. :D

Such as a favorite staff you prefer your toon using, etc.

Hehe I kinda hate leaving EP out of the mix but I do have a few Seras running around to take up the slack...lol :lol: