Multiple Accounts

Hey guys,

Figured you would know the answer and save me trying a bunch of solutions that may or may not work.

How do I run multiple copies at once? Do I switch the config file of a single install when I load, or install a second copy? If so, should I install on the same drive?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Dreeft!

moooooooooooooooornig

I hope I can answer your question okay. I only have one Sacred 2 installed on my comp...I just keep opening up a new Sacred 2 when I need one. Course... we must have an account on line for the second start up to be able to come on line.

Beauty of this is I just shift tab tween me and myself. :)

I've gone up to two Sacred 2's so far... I think once I may have accidentally pressed the Sacred 2 button again and a third tried to bootup, but I stopped it.

:lol:

gogo

Assuming you're talking about MP here:

Nope, one install is all you need, just make sure it's running in windowed mode, then fire up one instance of Sacred 2, log in to your first MP account, then fire up a second instance (from the same exe/shortcut/etc) & log in to your second MP account.

S1 used to not be happy with 2 copies running at once (though it was possible with a modified exe), but Sacred 2 is happy, as long as your PC can cope with it & you have decent broadband.

Thanks guys, that's good to hear.

I take it I need to remember one, or both of the login/password combinations for my accounts? That's what I meant about switching configs.

Edit: Seems to be able to handle both copies at the same time reasonably well.

Edited by dreeft

Everytime I open a new account I have to input the new details for it in the new fields provided. I usually have my main accounts set up with options.txt with my information...this means I just click Sacred 2 on and it will automatically boot up all the way in if I just keep pressing buttons, no thinking of data input required. For a second account, after it opens up, I will backspace all the default information that is in the fields, and correct it with the correct information from the new account to get that second one open.

:)

gogo

Yeah, I actually wrote a program that I could use to switch the optionsCustom file for me and load the game as well, saves haveing to type in the new info when I open a second instance of Sacred 2.