Loco's Piromante (Ice & Blood)

Piromante

A [D.a.r.k] Creature of the High Elf race, she is an outcast of her coven. . She travels the Regions of Ancaria in quest of Fame and fortune as a mercenary for hire while leaving a wake of destruction and fire. No Man or Beast of creation can withstand the heat of her dark burning heart

A little Guardians action at level 140 on Niobium:

Planning

I had played several High Elves with great enjoyment. After a long and successful run to Niob level 115 with a Magic/Ice elf, I decided to give a Pyro a try. I wanted to build a char that could level fast and high, and could also be used on boss hunts. I built several homemade versions, and all had mistakes but I learned several things in the process:

Note: I played this Character with the Expert Touch enabled

1. The HE is a bit squishy against physical damage and spell damage.

2. She can really pack a huge punch when given the right tools and mods.

3. Leveling is much faster than my Ice/Elf

Skills

Level 2 Armor Lore.pngArmor Lore

We will need to get this up to level until 75. The regen penalty from armor will be maintained by keeping this at level until 75. As well as the damage absorption and ability to wear higher level items. She is gonna need this armor to sustain herself against all forms of damage. I recommend socketing at least 1 Artamarks Star if you can find them. Master 1st

Level 3 Arrant Pyromancer Lore.pngArrant Pyromancer Lore

This will be our main aspect. Damage at early levels is gonna rely solely on this skill. Get it to level and keep it there until level 75. Master second

Level 5 Concentration.pngConcentration

Just 1 point for now. We may want to master this to enable the companion buff, but for now 1 point will do.

Level 8 Arrant Pyromancer Focus.pngArrant Pyromancer Focus

We only need 21 points for right now. See here for reasoning Changing the way we look at focus skills, If not mastered they should only have 21 points. This will help with regens, and level without penalty. We can master towards the end.

Level 12 Delphic Arcania Focus.pngDelphic Arcania Focus Or Delphic Arcania Lore.png Delphic Arcania Lore

We need 31 points to mod Grand Invigoration and Expulse Magic. No further points will be needed. I am choosing focus for the reason that +all skills from a Buff Suit will greatly raise the CA level of Grand Invigoration with 200 Runes read. This may be mastered towards the end. In my CM version I used Delphic Lore instead of Focus. It cast Grand Invigoration at a much lower level, however the Hitpoint regeneration bonus was significantly increased by the Lore at the cost of a little regen penalty

Level 18 Constitution.pngConstitution

One key element of our defense will be large amounts of HP and high rate of regen. Get this to level and keep it there till level 75. Master 3rd

Level 25 Ancient Magic.pngAncient Magic

There is a decent boost to Spell Damage here but the real magic starts at mastery when it reduces the enemies resistance to your spell damage. then look out! Master 4th.

Level 35 Shield Lore.pngShield Lore

Since we can't use 2 weapons we will occupy here left arm with a shield. Shield lore will help boost her Defense value and allow us to wear higher level shields. And there are some really nice Rare shield with huge block chance. At Mastery it give a chance to block close combat. :D

Level 50 Spell Resistance.pngSpell Resistance

The magic and LL spells of Ice and Blood can be devistating. So spell Resistance is really gonna help take the sting out of those nasty caster daemons and Daemonic Eyes.

Level 65 Combat Discipline.pngCombat Discipline

Gives a boost to damage, a 10% reduction in regens when CA is used in a Combo.

One quick but very important note. I used Expert Touch for this single aspect build.

Attributes

Put points into vitality for the first levels until you can start to add points into Constitution. Then all points into 50%Intelligence for Spell Intensisty and 50% int Willpower for base Spell Resistance.

Combat Arts

Incandescent Skin.pngIncandescent Skin

This will be our primary Buff. it will help boost damage and also reflect close combat

Inferno - Increases the chance to set fire to opponent when they sustain fire damage

Revenge - this will give us some defense with reflect close combat

Fiery Ardor - more fire damage can't be a bad thing right?

Runes: 1 Rune only until late in game. Boost with a buff suit filled with runes. (Niob runes can be used by about level 45)

Ancestral Fireball.pngAncestral Fireball

We will use this as a close combat art. Mob em up and Boom!

Explosion- Area of Effect in close quarters against mobs

Globe - more damage

Hot Pursuit - Fireballs will follow their targets. I know Fusilade here would add more damage. but with no other single target ranged attack. 2 fireballs only helps it you can hit the target. And at any distance other than face to face this CA can only hit stationary monsters. So I choose to give a little damage for high probability of a hit.

Runes: Read runes as needed but maintain 1.0s regen

Blazing Tempest.pngBlazing Tempest

This is gonna be our mass damage Area of Effect. huge mobs will be burning all night long with Ancient magic mastered.

Scorch - +40% to damage

Conflagration - 41.7% increase in burn damage

Ambition - Increased Crits.

Runes: I like to keep this spam-able. 2 rings does more damage than 1. 3 rings is better than 2 etc. I like to keeps this between 1.0s and 1.5s

Incendiary Shower.pngIncendiary Shower

Aaaah! Our boss killer! This is the best thing the Fire aspect has for huge damage against bosses. With Stun we can even stand our ground without getting hit. I chose these stats for good reason. continuity increases the number of metoers. and Intensity makes them rain down really fast. so with higher CA levels this thing is gonna pound bosses with so much damage per second it will be nothing but BIG GRINS! :D

Skull Smash - chance to stun

Continuity - More meteors

Intensity - they rain down faster

runes: Keep this at around 1.5s this will allow continuous rain of meteors for Bosses.

NOTE: After many tests I found that Skull Smach, continuity, Intensity was great a low level, but as I reached higher difficulty it was less powerful. I tryed Magma, Smoking Rock, Devastation and that proved to me very powerful indeed. but, my final result in guardian bashing speed was Magma, continuity, Devastation. the damage boost from Magma stacked with the already high fire damage, the devastation for great crits, and continuity for those 4-5 extra hits per proc.

Grand Invigoration.pngGrand Invigoration

Our Second buff. Great for a HP regen boost and also to lower overall regens

Arrant Pyromancer Expertise - The regeneration time for the aspect Arract Pyromancer will decrease .

Life Energy - Additionally increases the hitpoint regeneration rate

Resilience - Reduces the impact and duration of incoming detrimental effects.

Runes: I had this at 200 runes by level 50. We will boost these mods with a buff suit of +all skills

Expulse Magic.pngExpulse Magic

Expulse is an utility skill here. It has good amount of block combat art. We will be using it strickly as a defensive measure

Strength - Increases banishing potential but maintain the same effective radius

Pentagram - Reduces the duration and impact of incoming weakening effects or Undead- also nice for dealing with Clearview, North Swamp, and Mist of Miasma.

Protection - Chance to block direct magical damage

Runes: Keep regen at around 1.0s -1.5s this allows you to lay down multiple rings for stacked bonuses

Armor/Gear

I used a Pyro Set for the Incandescent Skin Buff and a Ancestors for the Grand Invigoration Buff suit. until level 65 I fought in the Grand Invigoration Buff suit as the +allskills really helped with all the low level skills. At level 65 I started building a fighting suit from Various Set pieces with good Mods.

Socketables

Niob runes for Buff suits

+all Skills for Buff suits

Chance to evade

Damage -Fire or niob Smith Damage

anti-DoT

Spell Resistance

Play Style / Testing

I built this character in Closed net HC. So all testing was done with default settings.

From Low level I used Blazing tempest for mobs. Ancestral fireball for champs. and Incendiary shower for Bosses. For general leveling round up mobs as big as you can get and lay down repeated Blazing tempest and watch the XP number scroll.

Once I have Armor lore and Pyro Lore at level and had started pumping Constitution as my 3rd mastery(Stopped at 21 for pyro focus and 31 for Delphic Focus) I was confident to go boss hunting with Incendiary Shower. Only staying away from the Grundwald Dragon and Scorp Boss because of there CA reflect.

I Read runes until Shower was at about 1.5s and blazing at about 1.5s. So the Bonus mods were really starting to kick in and give me beautiful light show.

Reached level 75 and mastered Armor lore, constitution, and Pyro Lore. now I am putting all points into ancient magic. Level on Platinum at level 75 and she is doing an amazing job. damage is a little low against bosses in plat, but I took the ice lord, earth lord, mad ogre and Boar out with little trouble. Now its a race to master Ancient Magic, Shield Lore, spell resistance and go through a run in Cursed Forest and the guardians. I am confident she could go to silver and take guardians in record time. Gold may take a few minutes.

CM Patch Note: The CM Patch 0110 brought us the new sets made by Lazy Tomcat and the CM team. I absolutely love the Nine Hells set. It not only looks great, but the mods are great for this build as well.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

ahh Fantastic Loco!

Another amazing write-up adding to your credentials.

I hope these new write-ups eventually get into a pinned Ice & Blood build library.

I remain, humbled

Great guide, ive been following the Katran guide to pyro elf, and this one seems good also, I might give it a try later on.

Katran's Flame On guide is great, and many, many people use it and read it. Flame on was done early before Ice and Blood so mine could be considered an update. My use of Buff suits allows me to take many different mods on my Combat Arts though.

A great guide loco.. Can't wait to start building characters again once I finish up the campaign runners. Question for you: If you sacrifice one skill in order to take bargaining what would it be?

A great guide loco.. Can't wait to start building characters again once I finish up the campaign runners. Question for you: If you sacrifice one skill in order to take bargaining what would it be?

either Combat Disc or Spell Resist. they are both kind of add ons in this build. and depending on what level bargainer you were looking for . you could stick the skill anywhere. It would just delay the uberness a little if you took it early

You say you take the bronze mod of incandescent skin so it goes boom with damage lore mastery, but you don't take damage lore :paladin: so your reason goes a bit wrong there.

You say you take the bronze mod of incandescent skin so it goes boom with damage lore mastery, but you don't take damage lore :paladin: so your reason goes a bit wrong there.

nice catch, originally I was hoping that Damage lore would help with spells. As it turned out it wouldn't help. I will edit that to reflect the change. thanks!

Loco...nice!~

lol, I didn't think you'd be putting out the toon against Guardians so early...but it looks like, so early in levels she can really soak up damage. Another PurelyMagical build for Sacred 2 Ice and Blood. You went up against all the nerfs, and with some clever strategies have pulled out damage plus defensiveness AND movie ^^

New Wiki page here for your new build:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...High_Elf_Guides

And I sent you a pm with the open/close template

Nice build for the fans +++

:D

gogo

This is an excellent build Loco! Well written and nicely structured. I look forward to giving it a go.

Now I want to see her take on Gogo's ice elf in PvP :D

You say you take the bronze mod of incandescent skin so it goes boom with damage lore mastery, but you don't take damage lore :D so your reason goes a bit wrong there.

nice catch, originally I was hoping that Damage lore would help with spells. As it turned out it wouldn't help. I will edit that to reflect the change. thanks!

It would help with doing fire DoT to the Guardians from IS & melee range fire DoT from the skin, but it wouldn't help with the main DoT from Blazing Tempest (unfortuantely, mind you, a ~3-400% boost to that would be somewhat overpowered).

I took a couple videos to put in the build for the Blazing tempest, but I can't decide which I like best.

These are at level 79 in Platinum with 2 on the server.

This is a very sweet looking build! For the videos, personally I like #2 because of the visuals with the multiple rings, but I feel #1 showcases the strength of the build a bit better. Might have to give this elf for a spin through Ancaria :faerie:

Edit: In what order did you mod the CAs? I'm thinking blazing temptest first, then buff, then shower, then the fireball.

Edited by ryanrocker1217
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey loco, I'm following this guide to a pyro high elf on closed net HC.

It's a great guide though I have one question.

Put points into vitality for the first levels until you can start to add points into Constitution. Then all points into 50%Intelligence for Spell Intensisty and 50% int Willpower for base Spell Resistance.

Until which level should I put my points into vitality, and what do you mean by constitution ? Is that a attribute which I have still to unlock?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Heya!

yet another build produced eh! Good work man ;)

If I actually get to playing someday, I'll certainly have a go with this build.

Kudos Loco!

I started this build today on closed net HC (it was my first HC character, my first PC character overall).

She died after 5 hours gameplay xD

I'm going to start a new one though ;)

2rip.png

Edited by darkvacancy
I started this build today on closed net HC (it was my first HC character, my first PC character overall).

She died after 5 hours gameplay xD

I'm going to start a new one though ;)

2rip.png

Sorry to hear that DV,

Can I ask what you think was the cause of the death? Mine is at level 90 and taking bosses in Platinum without an fear or health potions. I'm just curious if it tactics or gear quality or the build itself

the Fire elf is a bit squishy at low level until you get points into her defense, that's why I took armor first and mastered it first. as well as constitution.

good Luck with the rebuild.

It was me not reacting quickly eneugh to drink a health pot :viking:

It was mapped on Y so I drank health pots with my right hand, now I've mapped it to E so I can drink pots without moving my hands ;)

Also, I rushed a bit too much, I was at the octopus boss at level 15, I remember being level 25 there on the xbox. Then I did all side quest I could find, now I've done exacly 0.

The rebuild is level 10 now. I'm going to grind some more on freeplay this time for a higher level.

It was me not reacting quickly eneugh to drink a health pot :eek:

It was mapped on Y so I drank health pots with my right hand, now I've mapped it to E so I can drink pots without moving my hands :biggrin:

Also, I rushed a bit too much, I was at the octopus boss at level 15, I remember being level 25 there on the xbox. Then I did all side quest I could find, now I've done exacly 0.

The rebuild is level 10 now. I'm going to grind some more on freeplay this time for a higher level.

I use the most simple mapping for health pots Space bar. it is there for either hand and you can practically close your eyes and smack at the keyboard to hit it.

good luck on the rerun.

p.s. I had a major adjustment period when I moved straight to Ice and Blood HC from console. Everything I had trained myself to do and expect had been rebalanced. it took about a half dozen horribly avoidable deaths to realize I had to re-train my expectation of how fast I could push my limits. The Spells cast by Bosses in Console were nothing compared to Ice and Blood.

I love this Game!