Loco's Piromante (Ice & Blood)

Well, my Piromate bit the dust last night. :(

All in all I stand by my original build, with the one exception of the LL% Eyes of the Blood Forest and the Fen Fires on Dryad Isle. I was cruising through Dryad last night after a nice 5 level run from 91 to 96. I had taken Kral, both swamp and dryad dragons and forest Guardian several times, spent most of my time running the length of the jungle and southwest corner of the Swamp.

After a successful run on the forest Guardian I decided to run up to the Faceletton. blood dryads seems easy enough, and I was keeping the Fen's sufficiently at bay until a turned a corner and ran into 4 of them in Echelon formation. They all nailed me at one time, and dropped my health to the bottom of the scale. then all it took was one shot from a champ dryad and I was gone. The lag on the space bar was just enough to delay my rescue.

My rebuild will go just a bit different.

I will move spell resist up in the list of masteries to master at level 75. this should allow me to hunt the blood forest and dryad island more freely. I also want to experiment with taking Delphic Arcane Lore instead of Focus. since I will be using buff suits I may loose some focus level, but should gain a ton of HP regen from the lore.

So my skill choices for the redo will look like this

2. Armor Lore Master @75

3. Pryo Lore Master @75

5. Concentration 1 point

8. Delphic Lore 9 points to start then Master @ 87

12. Pyro Focus 21 points

18. Spell Resistance Master @75

25. Constitution Master @102

35. Ancient Magic Master @117

50. Shield Lore Master @132

65. Open (This will remain open for later,

Oh my God, loco... that's not fair. Fen fires are indeed a pain in the butt and can pack a big punch when stacked together. That's one of the reasons I don't really like dryad island... They are a pain on the way to the guardians as well, but still...

Good luck on the rebuild!

WT? My God Loco!

Man sorry to read this crazy news, horrible!

I was kinda watching you play last night in a weird round about way. With the whisper funtion down due to maint. I cant talk to many people in Niob. Infact no one.

Saw Furian, gogo & yourself in a server. Was pondering joining with a shopper to say "hello". Thought different, didn't want to come in at the wrong moment and something horrible come of it.

Sorry for your Loss!

I remain, :(

Well, my Piromate bit the dust last night. :(

All in all I stand by my original build, with the one exception of the LL% Eyes of the Blood Forest and the Fen Fires on Dryad Isle. I was cruising through Dryad last night after a nice 5 level run from 91 to 96. I had taken Kral, both swamp and dryad dragons and forest Guardian several times, spent most of my time running the length of the jungle and southwest corner of the Swamp.

After a successful run on the forest Guardian I decided to run up to the Faceletton. blood dryads seems easy enough, and I was keeping the Fen's sufficiently at bay until a turned a corner and ran into 4 of them in Echelon formation. They all nailed me at one time, and dropped my health to the bottom of the scale. then all it took was one shot from a champ dryad and I was gone. The lag on the space bar was just enough to delay my rescue.

My rebuild will go just a bit different.

I will move spell resist up in the list of masteries to master at level 75. this should allow me to hunt the blood forest and dryad island more freely. I also want to experiment with taking Delphic Arcane Lore instead of Focus. since I will be using buff suits I may loose some focus level, but should gain a ton of HP regen from the lore.

So my skill choices for the redo will look like this

2. Armor Lore Master @75

3. Pryo Lore Master @75

5. Concentration 1 point

8. Delphic Lore 9 points to start then Master @ 87

12. Pyro Focus 21 points

18. Spell Resistance Master @75

25. Constitution Master @102

35. Ancient Magic Master @117

50. Shield Lore Master @132

65. Open (This will remain open for later,

Nooooooooooooooooo

Sister fire, you shall be avenged!

:(

Seriously though, I have redlined twice now in that area...and I'm too lazy to use Rooster's suggestion of Expulse Magicing all the time...and the little nasties can creep up awfully fasted..

Blue Balled!

:P

gogo

p.s. you wanna use all my old equipment? I have pyro stuff, please post or pm if you want it. :P

Hmmm, I was just checking out loco's video and I see the same thing that happens to me. At first I thought it was a server bug, it would appear to persist everywhere.

Note how loco inflicts over 2k per meteor to the boss. Then the Heart of the Machine recharges the Boss' energy shield and damage output drops down from 1/2 to 1/4 (600-800-1100). Same thing happens to me. I assumed it was only till the shield drops down, but it keeps on going for a while, before suddenly skyrocketing back to 2k, as if deathblow kicks in.

BTW, loco, where did you download those health/xp bars from? I'd love to use them as well. That dark red HP bars sometimes "hides" in the environment and fail to notice my HP's are going down before I see the red flash...

Hmmm, I was just checking out loco's video and I see the same thing that happens to me. At first I thought it was a server bug, it would appear to persist everywhere.

Note how loco inflicts over 2k per meteor to the boss. Then the Heart of the Machine recharges the Boss' energy shield and damage output drops down from 1/2 to 1/4 (600-800-1100). Same thing happens to me. I assumed it was only till the shield drops down, but it keeps on going for a while, before suddenly skyrocketing back to 2k, as if deathblow kicks in.

BTW, loco, where did you download those health/xp bars from? I'd love to use them as well. That dark red HP bars sometimes "hides" in the environment and fail to notice my HP's are going down before I see the red flash...

I hadn't noticed that Dobri, So the Core must give the guardian some kind of temporary mitigation.

The Mod I am using is the ciSacred Mod. you can find the link in our mods section. it is all inclusive of the mods the lazytomcat and company have put together over at ciSacred. and it works in Closed Net.

Nooooooooooooooooo

Sister fire, you shall be avenged!

:)

Seriously though, I have redlined twice now in that area...and I'm too lazy to use Rooster's suggestion of Expulse Magicing all the time...and the little nasties can creep up awfully fasted..

Blue Balled!

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. you wanna use all my old equipment? I have pyro stuff, please post or pm if you want it. :P

Well r00ster is correct about using expulse, it just that I don't get that tactical when running mobs. But I have used it for bosses. I prefer to be able to socket or buff my defense so that my play time is all offense. So my rebuild will compensate for the Combat Art defense with Spell Resist

Blue Balled! lol

Thanks for the info, loco. I might give it a try, as long as nothing in the game gets changed and closed net is available :)

it is completely cosmetic. no changes other than textures.

I got it - I tested it, some of the changes are cool, but I think in the end I will keep only the bars. We will see.

I hope your new Pyro girl is coming along well :)

I hadn't noticed that Dobri, So the Core must give the guardian some kind of temporary mitigation.

The shield CA has the following tokens:

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1500, 0, 0, 8 },

entry1 = {"et_damping_any", 500, 0, 0, 41 },

entry2 = {"et_shieldstrength_timed", 750, 5, 0, 37 },

entry3 = {"et_shieldfactor", 1000, 10, 0, 37 },

So they do get 50% damping (damage mitigation), but I would have assumed that the CA would have ended once you take down the shield. Having had a look at Divine Protection, the Guardian shield is very similar (in that the shield energy runs out after a certain amount of time & it takes ~100% + 1% of damage to the shield). An interesting test would be to mod DP & see if the mods for it still apply if the shield is taken down before the duration runs out (ie, unlike the two other shield CAs).

Interesting info, Llama. In that case, may this be a possible server-side issue or a different type of shield? Looking at the info you posted, I surmise it should disappear unless the shieldstrength_timed is a timer that does not take into account whether the shield is up or not - but that would be highly improper. It does look generally plausible - since both loco and I drop the guardians' shield in a second, and the damage improves some 5-6 seconds later (counting in the lag and so on).

• 3 months later...
I started this build today on closed net HC (it was my first HC character, my first PC character overall).

She died after 5 hours gameplay xD

I'm going to start a new one though ;)

2rip.png

Sorry to hear that DV,

Can I ask what you think was the cause of the death? Mine is at level 90 and taking bosses in Platinum without an fear or health potions. I'm just curious if it tactics or gear quality or the build itself

the Fire elf is a bit squishy at low level until you get points into her defense, that's why I took armor first and mastered it first. as well as constitution.

good Luck with the rebuild.

Hi Loco.

I would like to ask you which one is a better choice for incendiary shower:

1. Skull smash, continuity, intensity.

2 Magma rain, smoking rock, devastation. ?

It seems that choosing "skull smash" (chance to stun)is safer and seems easier to choose for silver, but would it stun lots of opponents and can it be useful after level 100)?

Is Smoking Rock (physical dmg) a good silver mod, because lots of opponents seems to be close to resistant against physical damage?

I started this build today on closed net HC (it was my first HC character, my first PC character overall).

She died after 5 hours gameplay xD

I'm going to start a new one though ;)

2rip.png

Sorry to hear that DV,

Can I ask what you think was the cause of the death? Mine is at level 90 and taking bosses in Platinum without an fear or health potions. I'm just curious if it tactics or gear quality or the build itself

the Fire elf is a bit squishy at low level until you get points into her defense, that's why I took armor first and mastered it first. as well as constitution.

good Luck with the rebuild.

Hi Loco.

I would like to ask you which one is a better choice for incendiary shower:

1. Skull smash, continuity, intensity.

2 Magma rain, smoking rock, devastation. ?

It seems that choosing "skull smash" (chance to stun)is safer and seems easier to choose for silver, but would it stun lots of opponents and can it be useful after level 100)?

Is Smoking Rock (physical dmg) a good silver mod, because lots of opponents seems to be close to resistant against physical damage?

Just as Barristan mentioned in the other thread, and the video tests we did in the How to mod IS thread, I think it really comes down to personal choice. either methods works, the question is what will work for you.

My choices are detailed in the OP.

To be honest, I prefer Magma Rain - Continuity - Devastation.

Why ? Because if you increase the fire damage, you'll get a better synergy with Fire Demon and Incandescent Skin fire damage bonus, with more meteors and critical hits.

To be honest, I prefer Magma Rain - Continuity - Devastation.

Why ? Because if you increase the fire damage, you'll get a better synergy with Fire Demon and Incandescent Skin fire damage bonus, with more meteors and critical hits.

Nice! that makes good sense!

• 8 months later...

This makes me want to start one today!

Blood forest can be a bit of a pain, but it's awesome experience with enough defence.

I'm doing a full complete run through with my level 20 Dragon Mage on Silver.

Using health potions a few times, but that's because of the heavy lag I suffer at times. I NEED 2GB SOON :(

How often do you use the other spell in the other aspect?

• 1 month later...

Welcome, Chicunsu!

I believe the fire elves typically do not use combos. Spam Blazing Tempest for regular mobs, and Incindiary Shower on Bosses. In the OP, Loco mentions using the fireball spell for champions as well.. but I always found BT to be enough... just run or teleport away and let them eat the wall'o fire.. rinse and repeat.

Maybe one useful combo for fighting bosses would be a Expulse Magic-Inc. Shower combo for some extra protection... depends on if you take the stunning meteor setup or the more damaging option.

As for choosing armour/socketing.. in the early levels the armour rating is king. Secondary will be mods that offer some defence. For socketing, +skills is king, with +fire damage secondary (or +ca levels) As you progress and learn the game a little, and expand your knowledge by reading other Elf guides, you will be able to figure out what works best for your toon... it will depend totally on what you find or are able to trade for. Later on, sockets are used to "fill in the gaps" that you need more of or are missing with your choice of equipments.

Happy Hunting!

Ditto what essjayehm said. Blazing Tempest and Incendiary Shower were what I used most. Fireball comes in handy in the few places were BT fails.

Edited by lujate

kk, I just wondered, since in the video he had only combos, but then I won't use them =)

thnx for fast reply

But I think I'll play with some easier at start char first to get some runs and equips before starting a HE >.<

Edited by Chicunsu

kk, I just wondered, since in the video he had only combos, but then I won't use them =)

thnx for fast reply

But I think I'll play with some easier at start char first to get some runs and equips before starting a HE >.<

Ahhh, OK... I watched the video and I understand your confusion. Loco had his combat arts in combos... but only 1 CA per combo. This is because the Combat Discipline gives a 10% (or 20%, if mastery is reached) decrease in regeneration times if the combat art is in a combo.

So, if he had his 'normal' Combat Arts in the slots, he would have to wait 20% longer for his Combat Arts to recharge than he has here. Small trick, but effective.

One small suggestion: A Shadow Warrior or Seraphim are typically the stronger classes to get you started, and accustomed to the game.

Ahh, I've played before, but not really that seriously, my fav class so far is ranger druid.

I've never rly followed any builds either, my main was a level 93 Druid Ranged. But then my Laptop got F****d up, and I had to restart to fabric settings.

I've just only played around never really knowing EXCACTLY what I've been doing =P

AND A REALLY GOOD TIPS: Always pause the game when watching vids on youtube <.< bywbye, my new ranger =(

Edited by Chicunsu

AND A REALLY GOOD TIPS: Always pause the game when watching vids on youtube <.< bywbye, my new ranger =(

Or when your cat comes into the house with a BAT. No, not the baseball or cricket type :whistle:

Lucky, PC users, consoles don't have a pause feature.