• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Woody

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,040 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

To be honest, I prefer Magma Rain - Continuity - Devastation.
Why ? Because if you increase the fire damage, you'll get a better synergy with Fire Demon and Incandescent Skin fire damage bonus, with more meteors and critical hits.

:)
My Signature

Closed-Net HC Player since December 2008.

#42 locolagarto

Holos Burger Survivor

• FDM Moderator
  • 4,088 posts
  • Gamertag:locolagarto

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

To be honest, I prefer Magma Rain - Continuity - Devastation.
Why ? Because if you increase the fire damage, you'll get a better synergy with Fire Demon and Incandescent Skin fire damage bonus, with more meteors and critical hits.

:)

Nice! that makes good sense!

#43 Legend Aadil

Radon Master

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

This makes me want to start one today!
Blood forest can be a bit of a pain, but it's awesome experience with enough defence.
I'm doing a full complete run through with my level 20 Dragon Mage on Silver.
Using health potions a few times, but that's because of the heavy lag I suffer at times. I NEED 2GB SOON :(

How often do you use the other spell in the other aspect?
My Signature

~ ~ Fatigue is the best pillow ~ ~
~~ Benjamin Franklin ~~

#44 Chicunsu

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm a NEWB, so I just wonder, what CAs is in the combos you use?

I could also use a few tips for someone just starting CN when it comes to picking armor, socketing etc. >.<

#45 essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Welcome, Chicunsu!

I believe the fire elves typically do not use combos. Spam Blazing Tempest for regular mobs, and Incindiary Shower on Bosses. In the OP, Loco mentions using the fireball spell for champions as well.. but I always found BT to be enough... just run or teleport away and let them eat the wall'o fire.. rinse and repeat.
Maybe one useful combo for fighting bosses would be a Expulse Magic-Inc. Shower combo for some extra protection... depends on if you take the stunning meteor setup or the more damaging option.

As for choosing armour/socketing.. in the early levels the armour rating is king. Secondary will be mods that offer some defence. For socketing, +skills is king, with +fire damage secondary (or +ca levels) As you progress and learn the game a little, and expand your knowledge by reading other Elf guides, you will be able to figure out what works best for your toon... it will depend totally on what you find or are able to trade for. Later on, sockets are used to "fill in the gaps" that you need more of or are missing with your choice of equipments.

Happy Hunting!
My Signature

Posted Image

#46 lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,258 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Ditto what essjayehm said. Blazing Tempest and Incendiary Shower were what I used most. Fireball comes in handy in the few places were BT fails.

Edited by lujate, 13 October 2011 - 12:40 PM.

My Signature

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#47 Chicunsu

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

kk, I just wondered, since in the video he had only combos, but then I won't use them =)
thnx for fast reply

But I think I'll play with some easier at start char first to get some runs and equips before starting a HE >.<

Edited by Chicunsu, 13 October 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#48 essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

kk, I just wondered, since in the video he had only combos, but then I won't use them =)
thnx for fast reply

But I think I'll play with some easier at start char first to get some runs and equips before starting a HE >.<

Ahhh, OK... I watched the video and I understand your confusion. Loco had his combat arts in combos... but only 1 CA per combo. This is because the Combat Discipline gives a 10% (or 20%, if mastery is reached) decrease in regeneration times if the combat art is in a combo.

So, if he had his 'normal' Combat Arts in the slots, he would have to wait 20% longer for his Combat Arts to recharge than he has here. Small trick, but effective.

One small suggestion: A Shadow Warrior or Seraphim are typically the stronger classes to get you started, and accustomed to the game.
My Signature

Posted Image

#49 Chicunsu

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Ahh, I've played before, but not really that seriously, my fav class so far is ranger druid.
I've never rly followed any builds either, my main was a level 93 Druid Ranged. But then my Laptop got F****d up, and I had to restart to fabric settings.

I've just only played around never really knowing EXCACTLY what I've been doing =P

AND A REALLY GOOD TIPS: Always pause the game when watching vids on youtube <.< bywbye, my new ranger =(

Edited by Chicunsu, 13 October 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#50 essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

AND A REALLY GOOD TIPS: Always pause the game when watching vids on youtube <.< bywbye, my new ranger =(

Or when your cat comes into the house with a BAT. No, not the baseball or cricket type :whistle:

Lucky, PC users, consoles don't have a pause feature.
My Signature

Posted Image

#51 Chicunsu

Polonium Wizard

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think this is something EVERYONE here has experienced =P

#52 DaveO

Prince of Helium

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Why is Globe chosen instead of the additional Fireball modification? I suppose it does not matter much for the Fireball mods since Blazing Tempest is for mobs and Incendiary Shower is for bosses.

I'm wondering how much damage Explosion does to anything else as well.

In terms of the Incandescent Skin buff does the extra damage effect all CAs in the fire aspect?

Edited by DaveO, 20 July 2012 - 07:51 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

#53 essjayehm

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Why is Globe chosen instead of the additional Fireball modification? I suppose it does not matter much for the Fireball mods since Blazing Tempest is for mobs and Incendiary Shower is for bosses.

I'm wondering how much damage Explosion does to anything else as well.

In terms of the Incandescent Skin buff does the extra damage effect all CAs in the fire aspect?

*please excuse if I post incorrect information, it's been a while since I played :sob:

I always found the 3rd ball to be sub-optimal. It really takes a lucky shot to hit targets with all 3 balls, so you actually lose damage by taking Fusillade over Globe. (IMHO) Going all-in on AF, as opposed to BT, was a huge mistake when I tried that variation, and I think it may have been because there was always an errant fireball that didn't hit anything... BT is kinda hard not to pwn everything on-screen ;)

Sorry, DaveO, totally forget how the Explosion mod divides the damage. IIRC if you peek at the mods for AF in spells.txt, you can calculate it.

Firey Ardor mod on IS increases all your fire damage (you get a "Fire damage +X%" line in your list of active mods)... including left-click weapon attacks if you have a fire-damage dealing weapon equipped. The tricky thing here, is the interaction with Magic Coup, as MC converts all elemental damage to magical PLUS a percentage of the physical to magical as well. I am not sure how the engine handles the interaction (ie does it multiply the natural fire damage of your weapon first, then convert... or not).
My Signature

Posted Image

#54 AngelShade

Radon Master

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

This Build its totaly ownage, finished the campaign at silver by one shotting everything. with the right gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users