The Utility Bosskiller Seraphim in Action!

I've been working on the utility bosskiller seraphim lately, and I cannot help but feel astonished by the fact that she gets much easier to play and toy with the Nameless Guardians as the levels go by.

I used this build, the utility variation: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14752

This means:

- No energy shield

- Only 1 buff, but it is maxed

- no combat arts used except for Dashing Alacrity to boost the speed of my slowpoke

- mentor pots last the entire run thanks to alchemy (at 71 points in the video, only 1 hard point in it, +70 all skills) - it will get even better once I get to work on mastering alchemy.

In the video:

Masteries (75 hard points) in everything but the utility skills: Ranged, Armor, Constitution, Toughness, Shield, Exalted Focus, Speed Lore.

Halfway done Enhanced perception mastery.

Not started mastering Alchemy and Bargaining.

At this rate, on level 130, a new level is gained in less than an hour (10-11 runs, 4-5 minutes each) alone in the server. Granted, Dryads gain levels more quickly through guardian runs (2-4 minutes, based on the build) than the utility Seraphim, but the Seraphim has much better protection and much higher chance to stay alive even if your attention falters or you get swarmed by minion temple guardians. The utility seraphim can survive 1 nameless guardian + 5 elite guardians without any problems.

I tried to keep the video small so that it's easily viewable. The total size of the clip is 39.2MB, so it should download relatively quickly even with poor internet connection. And yes, the vid was done on 1280 x 1024 resolution. I still keep my good old trusted 21'' hitachi monitor. I'll change it someday :viking:

So, here goes:

or the link:

Better quality version of the video (around 100 megs HD):

- now you can see the xp values and the numbers well, and a different background song theme has been added.

Enjoy :viking:

Edited by Dobri

Level 130 in HC ^^

Awesome execution.

Concept wise, this is also first class... a utility build that utilizes damage mitigation so that peeps will want to play to get goodies for their other toons while taking out Guardians as it levels.

This is really outside the box. Hats off mate

:viking:

gogo

Thanks guys. Even though I sacrificed some video quality, one can still see how few hits she suffered. The opening Guardian's attack can't be avoided, I suppose it can be blocked, but still, it poses no big danger. In general, 1 opening attack + 3-4 Elite Guardians' special attacks can make her legs go a little weak, but she can still survive, as long as she leeches properly from a good target, such as the Nameless Guardian itself.

I'll try to crank out a better version of the video as well, but it will "cost" more megabytes :viking:

It should, technically. The increase won't be oh so big, but it will be there and it will be visible. It should also allow you to hunt here and there on the map, while the utility version of the build is very much guardians' exclusive, as any other hunting area would seriously hurt her XP gaining speed.

I also added the higher quality version of the video (100MB) as promised before.

The next time I'll make the video directly with the H264 codec compression rather than fooling around with other codecs :bow: It seems to work best for me... or I should check Schot's idea about xfire.

Me too, gogo :thumbsup: Besides, that's the single ability that the build uses after... ummm... about level 60 onwards. It's so very simple and easy to play (as the vid shows) that it's laughable, really :agreed:

Although I do wish I had something like Darting Assault to deal with a few of those enemies at the same time in some situations.

Edited by Dobri