Arp's Ice & Blood Lunatic's Diary

Day 1: Today I've been revived by some Necro who didn't like me when I was alive. It seems that I killed his family in one of my moments of madness...

Oh yes, almost forgot, didn't tell you who I am, I'm Lunatic, I had an other name long ago, but I can't remember it. I lived a perfectly normal life until I went into the army for two years. They pushed me back outafter some weird incident wich involved 2 spies and a patrolling unit I was part off. It ended with only me being alive in the middle of a mess of dead demon parts. I am told that I attacked the people who found me, altough I can't remember a thing about it. Ever since then I had those moments of madness in wich I killed everything close to me... I ended up living a solitary life as a cast out.

Day 2: Today I got stabbed to un-undeadness, with a poisoned sword. And then again, and again... Right now I look ligth green from all of the poison, and I have a feeling that this is going to go on for much longer...

Day 17:Today that *censored* of a necro left me alive for another night, I'm now dark green, I don't think I have any blood left, it's all pure poison. Only problem is that he locked me in together with at least 5 knifes or swords... wich I really hate now... I think I found a way to overpower my master though!

Day 21: I finally did it! I beat my master! I'm free again! I decided to go on a rampage through the world to avenge me, I have the power to make all people and creatures go mad at each other, wich is usefull when you want to take over the world! (I choose Kuan as god, for an evil Shadow warrior)

Day 22: I arrived in a little town, "Sloeford" as it was called by the guard. The local merchant tried to sell me a new weapon, a sword of all things! I decided to never look at merchants ware anymore, they just want to kill me! Swords. Of all things! And the armor would be poisoned I bet! Any mounts would be sick and so on...(I decided to add some extra challenge to this char and live only from my drops, so I'm not using a merchant, Blacksmith, runemaster or traded stuff from someone else)

Day 23: Today I remember that Hafted weapons are usefull when figthing wolves and bandits. A bit later I noticed that Hitting the enemy on his head hurted more then just some random smashing away, so my battles started to use more Tactics.

Day 24: Something new learned today! Damage Lore I call it! because I noticed that if I hit their nose with my hammer, instead of just their head, I had more chance that they felt weak for a bit. I'm guessing it would also help with setting them on fire.

Day 26:I helped a certain kobold encampement from under the wicked leadership of a troll, helped in reducing the amounts of kobolds too. And the bones of that troll really are good for sharpening my blade and armor(whatever weird things that does involve. I became a blacksmith today.

Day 27: I decided to look better through the armor of my enemies, and thus I got myself an Enhanced Perception.

Day 28:I found out that eating the trophies I was collecting from some enemies seriously boosts my ability to kill! I learned the secrets of Alchemy.

Day 31:Since I got used to not having a mount I started running somewhat faster then before, that added speed also helps in combat in giving me a higher chance to evade blows and more chance to deal blows myself. Speed Lore really is usefull!

Day 37:Orcs are a pest. They must be exterminated. And only I have the right to do so. That big pushover of an Octopuss Though he could claim their deaths. He won't do it again, I would've been surprised if he could beat an orc in a fair fight though, I had encounters with orcs who where far more dangerous than this fish. The good thing is that I have some food stocked now, wich is really usefull when going to an island full of skinny females, I guess they only eat air or something.

Day 38:Seraphim eat pumpkins, no air. And they are doing some experiment to make them grow faster at a cost of human lives. I should suggest the orc lands for a next test, orcs are bigger, so that should result in even bigger pumpkins, and less orcs. So it's a pure win-win situation. I'll stop writing now, some ice elemental is trying to freeze my fingers or my ink.

Day 45:Now a week later, got ink once more, that ice elemental did succeed in letting me drop my last bottle of ink... Anyway, under that Seraphim Island was some huge cave with dragons on top! They really are tasty, because they roast themself during life or at least they smoke their own meat. That really adds some change after eating fish with pumpkins for days. I wasn't going to slaugther the first big one I met, but unfortunately for him he saw me a piece of food, wich resulted in him becoming food... Curious how everything always turns out to be about food.

Day 46:Got air once more, being in caves too long gets irritating for your lungs, not that the air around here is much better, it's just a friggin swamp over here, and it stinks. I hope I have enough dragon meat for crossing it because I'm not eating any of the local inhabitants. They'd taste like the water, stinky. That getting back into open air was good for my health though, I increased my Constitution that way.

Day 48:Finally out of that swamp. These lizardmen didn't even notice That I am one of the things they worship, an undead namely. They even offered to kill me so they could resurrect me and thus grant me immortality that way. Only thing they didn't knew was that it isn't immortality you get that way, only thing that happens is that you don't have to care about getting older anymore.

Day 49:Crossing a desert is boring, so I guess I'll just walk on.

Day 50:Some guy here helped me in finding out how to create "Devil's Fire", I had to kill a pretty overrated scorpion for it. (Garganthropod killed my first closed HC character, a level 54 HE, wich resulted in me really disliking to have to fight him) That Devil's Fire is handy to roast meat because it burn's every part of the victim equally, and leaves the taste of fear alone.

Day 52:Swamp, Desert, Jungle, anything else before that temple who is supposed to hold the power to make the whole world my slave?

Day 53:Big flying things are not tasty. It even is bad for your teeth to bite them... Demons are fair game though, even when flying. But that flying machine gave me stomach troubles... It also seemed likesome walking dog replaced the controller of ultimate power to the wastelands. And got the key lost on some island around here.

Day 54:I will never become vegetarian. Those plants really taste bad. I wish I had some bit of orc meat leftovers, that was some good stuff.

Day 55:Bosses these days are irritating! You can't eat machines and stones! Whoever got the idea of depriving me of a nice pile of food is going to die.

Day 57:I found the culprit! It seemes it was my old master, wich wasn't dead enough it seems. That problem is fixed now, all that is left is a bloody mess on the ground.

Day 58:Had a good rest before taking over world domination, if that supposed Guardian of the Machine is unedible I'll beat it up with a stick.(only weapon with ll% on it I have is a polearm)

Day 58b:Ah, absolute power feels great, but it get's boring if there is no opposition, Blowing up continents can only go on for a certain time, then you run out.

Day 75:I finally succeeded in properly rebuilding a world, just made it stronger then before. Now I'll go and control that one too! (I went to gold difficulty at level 48)

As seen above is the diary of a lunatic, it isn't finished yet, because he himself hasn't deployed all his powers. But I (Master in the above piece) still control him, he just doesn't know it anymore, and he'll make my conquest of Ancaria way easier! I'll give you a summary of the above, so you don't have to reread that madmans worthless words ever again.

2) Blacksmith.png Blacksmith: Get to level the moment you get it, or by level 12 at last. mastery at level 75

12) Alchemy.png Alchemy

25) Constitution.png Constitution

50) Toughness.png Toughness

65) Armor Lore.png Armor Lore

I did NOT use expert touch, it really doesn't work with this build.

The other skills eventually will go to mastery too, but I haven't decided in what order yet.

For Combat arts: use what you find when starting out.

at level 20 I had all CA read in, now at level 29:

I use a fully modded Demonic blow in slot 1

a just started to mod Frenzied Rampage in slot 2

fully modded Augmenting Guideon in slot 3

a combo of Rousing Command and Killing spree in slot 4

and slot 5 currently contains Skeletal Fortification.

as a buff I use Grim Resilience wich I started to mod.

I plan to mod things in the order I give below:

Death Warrior

Demonic Blow.png Demonic Blow: Vehemence - Poisoning - Life Leech

Grim Resilience.png Grim Resilience: Fortify - Readyness - Safeguard

Rousing Command.png Rousing Command: War Song - Spur - Surge

The rest is however you want. (I'll post mine once I get there, or have decided on wich ones to get)

Malevolent Champion

Augmenting Guidon.png Augmenting Guidon: Elite - Tutor - Fear (Don't mod for tutor like I did, it isn't worth it, it only works if you don't have any +%xp from monsters on you, and if the standard didn't just went away 0.1 seconds before the kill)

Frenzied Rampage.png Frenzied Rampage: Double Attack - Intent - Envenom

Killing Spree.png Killing Spree: Control - Burst - Sear

For the others, your choice, or wait until I decided on them.

Note: This build isn't the easiest one, I've had more then 100 health flashes at level 30, and it isn't hard to get another one.

Little note not related to the build: If Loco or anyone else wants to add the pictures in in the second part(pics for skills and CA). I'd be really gratefull. Because I don't have any more time untill begin July. If it isn't done by then I'll do it myself. If it is done, Eternal thanks come your way. Arp

Edited by Arperum

I really enjoyed the read and I can't wait to read some more parts of this diary!

This looks like an interesting challenge.

Max

Arperum, this is delicious... what a creative idea...and here I was thinking I was the only crazy one on board :P It's a fresh challenge, and I'm interested in seeing how well an Ancarian can truly live off the land.

Great synergy here with those pics of the ponds around your house and all the ecolovelies.

:yay:

gogo

Thanks Loco! The time spared by you adding these icons will be spent on that little stat program. :P

I'll certainly keep completing the Diary when I play him some more, but that'll be for July too...

And Gogo, Noone will ever beat the madness I get out :yay: I'm just 100% crazy, and I like it.

Edit: typo's>_<

Edited by Arperum

Arperum, that is some amazing storytelling :P as a fellow author (tons of stories, nothing published, never tried to, before anyone asks), I really enjoyed it.

Really good work. I look forward to the other entries as well. Your challenge is also really interesting. You can craft everything and do everything, provided you get a favorable drop. I also like your build - no aspects, as tactics lore takes care of all :yay:

I love the diary, it really adds a neat twist to the build. Which, is also interesting, no focuses huh? Did/do you wish you could get your buffs/minibuffs higher (rousing command/killing spree)?

Right now, Augmenting Guideon, Killing Spree and Grim Resilience are at a x.y level, so no problem there, I'm mostly wishing I found a lava rock or a magic pearl or something, didn't found a single damage converter yet. But I found Gloves like no other thing... every fifth drop or so are gloves... I currently use a pair with 0.4 RPH and some other bonus.

Anyone willing to try the same challenge? No buying, or trading ever, only drops. it really ads some danger feeling to the build. My current hat is one of those bunnie ears... they are the best headpiece I have rigth now...

Indeed it would be an interesting challenge. I'm quite interested to try it. But I also would like to level my TG to see how Damage Lore can be fun, I also would like to re-build my Celestial Seraphim, I'd also like to make an Ice High Elf and I'd like to make a pure Melee Shadow Warrior (like my very first Sacred 2 character in SP). Gosh, I have plenty of things I'd like to do in Sacred 2. :P

Max

W

Right now, Augmenting Guideon, Killing Spree and Grim Resilience are at a x.y level, so no problem there, I'm mostly wishing I found a lava rock or a magic pearl or something, didn't found a single damage converter yet. But I found Gloves like no other thing... every fifth drop or so are gloves... I currently use a pair with 0.4 RPH and some other bonus.

Anyone willing to try the same challenge? No buying, or trading ever, only drops. it really ads some danger feeling to the build. My current hat is one of those bunnie ears... they are the best headpiece I have rigth now...

Gotta ask another newb question here :D Been playing my SW and its a blast. Ive found a few lava rocks and magic pearls and saw that they convert damage into magic but... should I be using these? Im doing a pure melee build so I held off on using them. Could you tell me when or why I should use these types of converters?

A fantastic read!

A great author's work right here on the DM. The DM, never a dull read.

Love the diary!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ Arperum. Is this the build we played together with while talking about metal?

Etherian: if it was a Shadow warrior, then yes, if not no :(

Prexxus: You'll notice on enemies that they have a certainh resist and kind of damage (wich is shown by colors on their hitpointbar) if an enemy has a high resist vs a certain type of damge, you'll deal way less damage, but if you start hitting an enemy has no resist to something, you'll deal more damage then when it would have been physical damage(because nearly everything has physical resist) Try hitting a zombie with a sword that is socketed with a poison fang, and then after that with a lava rock in the same sword, you'll see that the damage is higher in the second case. (magic damage/resistance is noted by a purple color, for that reason all relics that defend you against magic damage are purple) Magic damag has nothing to do with spells, they have their own damage type, or if they use your weapon, like frenzied rampage, they use your weapons damage types.

But apart from the extra damage against some enemies I also want a lava rock or poison fang so I have a nice chance to poison/burn them and deal some DoT.

Edit: Typo's again...

Edited by Arperum
Etherian: if it was a Shadow warrior, then yes, if not no ;)

then yes...I was very impressed with this build, even at such a low level. Your Warrior showed great potential!

I recall you rocking the Kobold Chieftian to every inch of his life. :P

Kudos, a great build!

I remain, Etherian

I quickly updated the diary with two more days. I'm going to play a bit today, hopefully enough for another day in the diary.(otherwise you'll have to wait some more)

Edit: Found a bug... If you have a weapon with a low magic damage on it, then add a lava rock to it you have a 100% chance to weaken... it isn't displayed in the overviews, but it it effectively happens every hit... The view gives me 3% chance to weaken and 19.5% for a burn, but I think I really have about 1% chance to burn and 100% for weaken.

Edited by Arperum
Edit: Found a bug... If you have a weapon with a low magic damage on it, then add a lava rock to it you have a 100% chance to weaken... it isn't displayed in the overviews, but it it effectively happens every hit... The view gives me 3% chance to weaken and 19.5% for a burn, but I think I really have about 1% chance to burn and 100% for weaken.

100% chance to weaken. This is a Revelation Arperum!

Any idea on the threshold's for this bug? Meaning, at what % magic damage would this take effect? I know you said @ low level.

Happen to know how low? Perhaps what % not to exceed?

I remain, curious

I'll check it out after dinner, I'll unequip everything except for the weapon and then see the damage values and weaken/burn things. I'm currently thinking if this would only happen with damage lore, and only with magic and a lava rock, or with basically any two different damage types and damage lore, or just any two dmagae types...

• 1 month later...

I know I double post, but to get this back up in the new posts I have to post. I updated the diary.

And I kept me to the diary, beat the Guardians with a polearm and hafted weapons lore. and no they do not combine well :).

I even killed the magic one with ice relics, because I forgot to change them.