Need a New anime ?

Dagger

Just recently I have started to watch anime, I have been watching bleach and final fantasy and a few other animes .

But could any of u recommend a good anime series for me to watch when im bored ?

Deathnote. You really should watch it, a really cool story and excellent anime.

In addition:

07-Ghost (still running)

Afro Samurai

Blood+

Devil May Cry

Full Metal Alchemist

Hellsing

Initial D (something different, a car & racing anime)

I can't add much to that list, but I will say that full metal is awesome! It has a bit of humor here and there, but really gets serious. That one really grabbed hold of me--very well done.

Trigun is another good one. Starts off kind of quirky but moves into serious themes as well.

Yu Yu Hakisho was a favorite of mine for awhile, but I would imagine that it would not appeal to everyone.

Maybe take a look at "Indy's anime Thread" in the stickies.

Other then that I'd say it depends on 'what kind' of anime you like.

If you wanna stay in the overall bleach experience, maybe try

Kenshin

(or Samurai X if dubbed). A totally different story and setting, but the quality of the drawings, behaviour or characters and coolness of fights are pretty much identical. If you like bleach, you'll like this.

If you're looking for something with a more 'thriller-like' experience. Asif you were watching a friday-night thriller, but in anime style, then I'd definately go for:

Code Geass

Death note

Claymore

If you like 'slice of life', which is like watching a comic-movie on tv. there's a general story, but mainly it's about moral, comedy and often love

- Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO for short on most sites)

- Hotaru No Haka (an actual 90min anime movie)

I can go more into detail, but you'll have to find your subgenre. Watch you like in anime and where you'd like to expand to. Only then can we start providing true lists of the good stuff :thumbsup:

Edited by promatolya

Hi Dagger, Just saw this thread and can't add to much to the list above. Just have to ask tho what kind of Anime are you looking for (such as samurai or vampires, how much blood is to much as as one friend of mine would say "give me more blood" , historical fiction or straight fiction, sub-titled or dubbed)?

I lived in Japan for 4 and a half years and have found a place on-line to watch some for free (just have to watch US tv commercials). some of the titles listed above are located on the site just don't know how well (or if) it would be available to you in the UK. This could be a good chance to see if someone outside the Us could watch.

This is a link to one of the titles I watch on Hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/nabari-no-ou

(Modern day Ninja clans battle in the shadows to claim a mystical power - the Shinrabansho - residing within Miharu. Whoever controls its strength will control the world.)

Edited by Lord of the North
Hi Dagger, Just saw this thread and can't add to much to the list above. Just have to ask tho what kind of Anime are you looking for (such as samurai or vampires, how much blood is to much as as one friend of mine would say "give me more blood" , historical fiction or straight fiction, sub-titled or dubbed)?

I lived in Japan for 4 and a half years and have found a place on-line to watch some for free (just have to watch US tv commercials). some of the titles listed above are located on the site just don't know how well (or if) it would be available to you in the UK. This could be a good chance to see if someone outside the Us could watch.

This is a link to one of the titles I watch on Hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/nabari-no-ou

(Modern day Ninja clans battle in the shadows to claim a mystical power - the Shinrabansho - residing within Miharu. Whoever controls its strength will control the world.)

Thank you very much you have been soo helpful :P... I have started watching Deathnote too and I really like it!

Thanks everyone :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Deathnote is a really good series and the movies are quite good as well. I also highly recommend any of the following just to get a taste of everything:

Series

Hellsing

Fist of the North Star

New Fist of the North Star

Ninja Scroll

Azumunga Daioh

Devil Man (if you can get a hold of it)

Beserk

Movies

Howls Moving Castle

Spirited Away

Ninja Scroll

Bleach 1, 2 and 3

Princess Mononoke

Vampire Hunter D

Akira

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

there's so much quality stuff out there from the cute to violent to the very thought provoking. Anime is awesome.

I love Naruto & Naruto Shippuden. Some chapters may be boring as the storyline doesnt advance (just dont watch them) but you should give it a try. I really got hooked last summer and I watched more than 300 episodes in a matter of weeks.

Edited by Munera

I could add virtually all Key Visual arts productions, if you haven't seen 'em already.

- Air

- Clannad + Afterstory

- Kanon (Newer, the old is quite bad..)

- And newest, Angel Beats. Looks really nice and gotta love the OP. I'll check it out myself now that it's finished.

Oh, and for some random fun, Galaxy Angels. At least the first season seems to miss a constant storyline.

• 1 month later...

Noien - a quantum physics kind of anime with some interesting plot twists and animation style; parralel worlds pretty much.

Gantz - super gory, super awesome. lol.

Tales of the Abyss - Pretty good series about saving a world from destruction.

ChAoS;HeAD - amazing series about delusions, plus it has some chicks wielding big swords randomely, so check it out ^^

other than that, check out what the others have suggested, most of those are phenomenal as well.