Best SNES RPG?

I have been playing the snes for a while now and I cant quiet choose the best rpg for it.

At the minute I am playing Seiken Densetsu 3 which is really good.

I have heard that earthbound is another snes favourite but I fail to see what is so great about it!

so what is you fav snes rpg ?

I have been playing the snes for a while now and I cant quiet choose the best rpg for it.

I have heard that earthbound is another snes favourite but I fail to see what is so great about it!

My top 3 rpgs for SNES:

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy III (Actually FFVI, but released as FFIII on SNES)

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

I highly recommend you play all 3, they are all amazing games. Most SquareSoft games on the SNES are good plays too.

Tough choice... Hmm, I think I'll go with Seiken Densetsu 3, following with Final Fantasy VI/III and Chrono Trigger.

Mana-series has always been close to my heart, though I haven't had a chance to play 'em as much as I'd liked.

EDITTO: Upsie Daisie.. Meant Trigger of course. :thumbsup: Must've been due to sleep deprivation or something...

Edited by Stormwing
Tough choice... Hmm, I think I'll go with Seiken Densetsu 3, following with Final Fantasy VI/III and Chrono Cross.

Mana-series has always been close to my heart, though I haven't had a chance to play 'em as much as I'd liked.

Chrono Cross was only on PS1. Good game though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My top 3 rpgs for SNES:

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy III (Actually FFVI, but released as FFIII on SNES)

I highly recommend you play all 3, they are all amazing games. Most SquareSoft games on the SNES are good plays too.

Awesome choices. Definitely in my top 5. Here's the other 2. ^^

Super Metroid (LOVE)

Castlevania IV (Got so lost in this one)

P.s.

I think that of all the gaming platforms I've enjoyed the SNES games were by far the most fun.

Probably the second best game on the SNES, in my opinion.

Was Dragon Warrior Snes or nes? I loved that one.

The ones released in the US (I through IV) were all on the NES. V and VI were originally SNES. (The DS version of V has been released in the US.)

P.s.

I think that of all the gaming platforms I've enjoyed the SNES games were by far the most fun.

Truth.

Since people are listing RPGs as well as non-RPGs, I guess I'll include my favorites in each category.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is probably my favorite SNES RPG. Final Fantasy II/IV was good (and probably my favorite in the series), but... no game has quite the magic that Super Mario RPG does. As for Final Fantasy III/VI, I don't understand why so many people like that game so much. Maybe I played it too late, but I completely disliked the second half of it. Chrono Trigger was decent, but I definitely played it too late to properly appreciate it.

For non-RPGs... Mega Man X. Definitely not the "best" game on the console, but it's my favorite by far.

I've got to echo Shattered Rift's pick.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is an absolute fantastic rpg and deserves the title of the best SNES rpg in my opinion. :o

Played that game years ago and enjoyed every moment.

Though I also think that Chrono Trigger is terribly overrated so no doubt my opinion may be considered to be not all that relevant. :pirate:

• 2 months later...