Sacred 2 weather

I haven't left the High Elf region yet, but I remember seeing a video featuring lightning. Besides a brief, light rain every now and then, there's always sunny in Tyr Lysia. So what I am asking is: are there more weather effects in the game; and if there are, are they limited to other regions? If that's the case, it seems odd to me...

I haven't left the High Elf region yet, but I remember seeing a video featuring lightning. Besides a brief, light rain every now and then, there's always sunny in Tyr Lysia. So what I am asking is: are there more weather effects in the game; and if there are, are they limited to other regions? If that's the case, it seems odd to me...

Actually, the different weather patterns in the different regions is a really nice touch, for me! Desert = no rain, Swamp = rains a lot, etc... very flavourful.

I agree, weather in the game is done very well. It's pretty resource intensive, and after one of the versions it was a little too well done, specially in the jungle. Blackouts, swaying trees,lightning flashes briefly illiuminating a torrential downpour, with sacred 2's famous quality sounds.

I think I made a post about all that making me sea sick

:sick:

gogo

I've had the weather turned off for a very long time since on my PC there is/was a short pause before the rain/thunder started.

I just turned it off as it made the swamp a miserable place to be. Shame they never put any snowy regions in, I remember the way they used snow in Sacred (Or was it rocks that blocked the path?)

Its like the music, until I found out how to stop Battle Music, I forgot it was ever there. Now I love it :sick:

I've had the weather turned off for a very long time since on my PC there is/was a short pause before the rain/thunder started.

I just turned it off as it made the swamp a miserable place to be. Shame they never put any snowy regions in, I remember the way they used snow in Sacred (Or was it rocks that blocked the path?)

Its like the music, until I found out how to stop Battle Music, I forgot it was ever there. Now I love it :)

I think it still snows on Christmas isle. very cool effect.

I reckon the lightning is great! Ive actually recently turned the weather back on just for that.

I used to play on console in the a dark room on my 46" TV. and that lightning was so blinding we wished we could turn it off on console. I just recently turned mine back on and it is kinda cool. but I have to play in a well lit room so as not to go blind when it strikes.

I have this option off, as it was part of the recipie creating multi-crashes.

Yes it does snow every now and then on Christmas Island, just completed that quest day before yesterday again. It also snows sometimes in the Crystal Plain region, far far into the region up toward the Crystal Phoenix. Beware of this region though! :)

I remain, Etherian

• 5 years later...

Tuesday morning January blues whimsy here, and reading through some of the posts of this awesome game. Remembering how much I loved the lightning and flashes in the storms in game when I first saw them on my comp.

Now wish I could turn off the outdoor subzero -15 here in Montreal here too like in game

:4rofl:

gogo