Did you used to be a lurker here at DarkMatters?

This fascinates me!

Everytime I read intro's from people here saying that they were lurkers here...It astonishes me, makes me all smiley to think that peeps keep reading all the stuff that goes on here, find it interesting, and want to finally register. It's such an ultimate honor a true compliment I think to all in this community that are kind of like on tv or journals.. posting, chatting, playing... on a live audience stage... it fascinates me! :)

Were you a lurker, and if so, for a long time, or perhaps just for a few days before you finally registered?

Share!

:)

gogo

I lurked a bit back when FDM was first born; I do not recall how long. After that I lost the link for awhile.

Even back then, I was impressed with the niceness compared to the SIF.

• Like! 1

haha, definetly a lurker. Not the in and out variety either. I recall spending 3 days total in the lurking position hiding behind a tree dressed in camoflauge with face painted. 3 days of non-stop reading with a hinge of investigation.

Felt a bit like Sherlock Holmes there for a time. Steward Pipe the whole works. Couldn't find the trench coat though. Must be up in the attic collecting dust, with all those newspapers turning yellow with age.

Share!

I remain, Etherian

• Like! 1

Ha, must be in me blood. I registered and signed in I think the very first day. Hard to remember. Mama said "Once you decide to do something jump in with both feet and get er done!"

• Like! 1

haha, interesting topic Gogo :)

I think I was only lurking for about a day or so before I joined, it seemed like a logical progression from the SIF and everyone here was so friendly!

• Like! 1

Yeah, I lurked around back in the hey days before SUW and then joined up a couple of years ago and planned to start posting, but never got around to it. Continued lurkin for a year then finally jumped in at around the start of last year.

• Like! 1

When I first picked up Sacred 2, I remember searching for information on google and every time I ended up at DarkMatters. I eventually signed up because of the log-in-to-view requirement. Turns out it was a good motivator to get me on here. Now I spend my free time gleaning info from posts between building and rebuilding characters.

• Like! 1

Being my usual self (do it all wrong first, then try to get it right), I registered within 2 minutes of finding this site. Then spent the next month lurking before I dared admit that I was here.

• Like! 1

I love this whole lurking experience here. I remember also being a lurker many years ago at the Sacred International Forum... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It was the first forum I'd ever seen in my life... I was fascinated by the spread sheet idea...and I could not pull myself away from all the stories, peeps and drama unfolding. It even pulled me away from my game for two months as I "grokked" everything I could, till that fateful day when I finally registered and made that post.

About food..of course :devil:

Like I said, it's like thousands of peeps are watching us, it's a wonder not more peeps are stage shy ^^

:P

gogo

This fascinates me!

Everytime I read intro's from people here saying that they were lurkers here...It astonishes me, makes me all smiley to think that peeps keep reading all the stuff that goes on here, find it interesting, and want to finally register. It's such an ultimate honor a true compliment I think to all in this community that are kind of like on tv or journals.. posting, chatting, playing... on a live audience stage... it fascinates me! :devil:

Were you a lurker, and if so, for a long time, or perhaps just for a few days before you finally registered?

Share!

gogo

yes.. no.. can't remember.

oh wait. I was recruited from a person over @ SIF*.. guess what, it was you :P

*but that one, I found myself, on endless "night-time strolls over the internet" . was frustrated by the non-international S1 servers, hate to be 'locked up'

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Like! 1

I joined here a long time ago... very excited about learning all I could about Sacred.

mini story: When my Mom met my kindergarten teacher (1 year of schooling before the official Grade 1)... my Mom was shocked because the teacher burst out laughing! "Oh you're David's mother" was about all the teacher could manage.

Apparently, I was quite a talker. Even then.

Not much has changed, eh? :devil:

• Like! 1

I was a lurker on Sacred Wiki since release day because the manual was a piece of @#!$. Finally wanted to edit something and saw that you needed an account over here on darkmatters to have access to the wiki. So, I filled out the form and clicked the button and here I am :devil:

• Like! 1

heeh, yay.. another one pulled in, muhahhah Editing itch ... must be...scratched :devil:

I'd forgotten actually that settings for Wiki are set for manual which means that only when peeps register here, they have to send us a pm to add them to Wiki. We can change it back to what it was so that anyone that registers at DarkMatters will automatically get permissions to edit the database.

gogo

I've been lurking for several weeks before I decided to finally register.

I thought (and still think) that is an awesome community, and I told myself I could do something for the community, this is mostly why I joined back then.

Max

• Like! 1

Hmmm, no, I do not believe that I lurked. Rik (a/k/a Firefly) told me about the site before I really knew much at all about D.a.r.k. It was almost four years ago now, at a time when DarkMatters was about 6 months old, had just passed the 10,000 post mark (now over 150K posts), and I was the 175th (of almost 17,000) members. I think I am far more of a lurker now then I was back then. :(

- Ike

p.s. Well, except perhaps around Halloween. :Just_Cuz_21:

• Like! 1

hah Ike you know Crunchie still spouts his join number...I was surprised he still remembered it. From four peeps on day one to a few more every month after... we never expected the big explosion.

Yay Consolers!

I remember asking the lead for Sacred 2 via PM if he would accept an honorary membership here at DarkMatters for member 1000. Member ships growth at that point was just a normal growth.. we're a small community, and things were close.

Even with all the thousands of new peeps here, I still think of this community as small... as Indy once said...we're the smallest "big" community on the net.

:D

gogo

I was also a lurker here, for several weeks. I came here looking for info on Sacred 2 (to help me decide if it was my type of game) and wound up reading, and reading, and reading.... all of the interesting posts from all of the different personalities is what keeps me coming back. It's one of those places where we all have a similar thing in common (gaming), but we can come here for completely different reasons. An interesting site, to say the least. :D

• Like! 1

I never really lurked much before my registration, a while after though :P

I actually got here via wolfe's lair, not sure if anyone remembers that. Is it even still around? Used to be in her clan, when her site and pevil's place were about all you had to check items, builds and god knows what.

I met someone in game who told me to register here. It was either schot or llama, but I can't remember for the life of me.

but I actually never lurked prior to signing up :)

ps Ike: Beat ya haha

Edited by promatolya
  • Like! 1

Actually Prom, I remember how you got here!~

You punched in our url but with a type... you posted you were wanting to punch in sacred2.com but punched in Sacred-2.com which got you to us!

Our ploy successful

:)

gog

That is how I got here.

But I didn't register until someone told me what it was properly. I remember getting here this way, but I didn't have a clue as to what it was. I explained the situation ingame to someone, and they told me what it was.

so I went right back and signed up :P

• Like! 1

lol, it got a chuckle out of me. We had purchased that url thinking it could help people get to the site, but in the end the hyphen kind of didn't work too well.

It led you to us though

gogo

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 05/21/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion

Lol, I went to the address just to see what you were talking about. End of May is actually pretty recent; I didn't even know anything about this plan to lure new members here :P

• 2 weeks later...