Did you used to be a lurker here at DarkMatters?

Yep, looked around a bit after following Sacredwiki's community link, that was back when I played on the 360, then registered a little while ago. Glad I did too :)

• Like! 1

Guess I said it in the introduction, but repeating yourself isn't that bad in certain occasions. :) Guess it was around 5 years ago, when I bought Sacred Gold. Cost me about 10€. Sposedly on of the best purchases ever. ^^ Fiddled around with it started to search some guides to the inner workings of the game. Then I stumbled here and the rest is history. ^^ Though there was a long time when I didn't check around. Mostly 'cause I didn't have connection.

Then, when I got into Sacred 2 more seriously I checked around again. And here I am.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely lurked... watching, pondering, drinking cheap convenience store coffee in the "comfort" of a combi-van I traded a stoned hippy a magical bean for.

But I digress, I guess your mind goes off on tangents when you lurk.

• Like! 1
This fascinates me!

Everytime I read intro's from people here saying that they were lurkers here...It astonishes me, makes me all smiley to think that peeps keep reading all the stuff that goes on here, find it interesting, and want to finally register. It's such an ultimate honor a true compliment I think to all in this community that are kind of like on tv or journals.. posting, chatting, playing... on a live audience stage... it fascinates me! ;)

Were you a lurker, and if so, for a long time, or perhaps just for a few days before you finally registered?

Share!

:)

gogo

Longtime Lurker, Firsttime Replier

I am a lurker, I am ashamed, I felt dirty, but when I registered I felt clean. I am also fascinated by your fascination with us "lurkers". They are the underbelly of our sacred community (I say "our" because I am one of us since I registered) . If not for the lurkers lurking in the shadows, I guess we would never have new people joining. Haven't we all lurked at some point in our lives, just to check out a site to make sure it was on the up and up? But there are those who will always lurk, and unfortunately for them, they cant get all the good camaraderie and information available to those who join this fantastic website. And I mean that. Lots of good stuff here.The founders should be proud of what they got going on here :-)

Tiberius

• Like! 1

Welcome Robert!~

I appreciate you registering, and ayup... I was a lurker for a while, years ago actually on the first forum I ever saw in my life... the Sacred International Forum. It was actually accident that I found it...I found Sacred SP so boring, and then gave MP Soft core a try...again I gave it up after a week... during that after period I think I remember spending about a month just..reading. I had never seen anything like a forum before, and was enrapt with all the characters, stories and writing that "community" could assemble on a forum.

I remember finally making my first post... I had been studying the forum's areas for weeks, and finally decided to make my first few posts as add ons to food and entertainment posts I had targeted in Small Talk. That first post was a doozy, gave me a stomach ache from all the stress...but when I finally got to pressing submit, what a feeling of accomplishment ...and a few months later, I'll never forget, after having written so many posts in small talk and making so many of the friends that I hung out with then (or here!) for years after, when a member from the "cool" section of the SIf in those days... posted..."I've noticed this is where all the action is lately... who is everyone here..."

I just grinned, was happy and delighted that small talk had made such a big difference. From that comment on, I remember slowly beginning to make more posts (carefully and cautiously... lol Sacred was a hard game to understand! :lol;) and building up some confidence.

After a few months after that... that important day, the one that changed everything. A member from SIF Nightfear... posted a pic of a seraphim at level 150 I think... a pure magic build...but most importantly, along it's background...the words Hard Core. I'd never heard of it till that moment. I'd never played Diablo, had not idea what a closed net server was.

I remember hunting out the different game modes...and there it was... almost hidden, badly showing (still is :) ) ... the HC skull.

click

First game.. heart beat jumped when I first died...I remember breathing heavily, almost pushing my chair backwards in shock at the way the adrenaline rush took me...

I called Schot over... and we both took turns (we only had one game copy at that time, years ago) to "check this game out" ... we were both hooked... he ordered his copy that day... and the HC posts started going up every day after that.

Lex Chicky pmed me to see if I could give her some threads to be stickied for a new section she wanted to call Hardcore Player corner...

The world was never the same

Just found it now... the first ever HC stickied thread in Sacred HC!

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=20169

;)

gogo

That first post was a doozy, gave me a stomach ache from all the stress...but when I finally got to pressing submit, what a feeling of accomplishment ...

Lol that was exactly how I felt when I made my first post over here. I didn't want to make an introduction post because all I thought I wanted to join this forum for was to edit a small thing in the wiki...turns out that notion was farrrrrrrrr off, and now I'm stuck with this bunch :whistle:

I'm still lurking :( ...............though I do occasionally post a piece of drivel :)

but in all honesty I was never a lurker.

Clan DA and the SIF had lots of members that always made references to Dark Matters, especially with things concerning Sacred.

So much so that coming here and posting straight away just seemed like the natural thing to do. :)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Another lurker reporting :) Hello to everyone.

My first post,I registered 2 months ago I think,I've also been a lurker at wolfe's lair when I used to play s1.

I really needed some good builds and guides and luckily I found plenty here.I gotta say it helped me a lot!

I'm a big fan of s1/Sacred 2,I got mad love for this game,though I got no time now,working too much.As soon as I get my free days,I use 'em on Sacred 2 usually :agreed:

Got one question,is cm patch worth of installing ?I read somewhere that some bosses are way too overpowered and that patch got some nasty bugs.Is it better with or without cm-patch ?

Peace ya'll!

• Like! 1

Heya,

no lurking here... think I knew where I was going. Did not want to remain at SIF. Registered and went for fellowship, having played alot on servers with the right kind of people eh :)

Greetz

• Like! 1
Another lurker reporting :) Hello to everyone.

My first post,I registered 2 months ago I think,I've also been a lurker at wolfe's lair when I used to play s1.

I really needed some good builds and guides and luckily I found plenty here.I gotta say it helped me a lot!

I'm a big fan of s1/Sacred 2,I got mad love for this game,though I got no time now,working too much.As soon as I get my free days,I use 'em on Sacred 2 usually :)

Welcome Prime! I love reading about the adventures of our peeps coming forward to join the party. I want you to have a great time here one the forums, this is a community I am very proud to be a part of.

Once again welcome!

gogo

Lurking? Yeah. For, like, four years... Though there's no big story behind this, just time constrains. Barely enough to read all the interesting stuff, never mind posting my own.

I admit that your recent policy to lock modding subforum from guests had a part in flushing me out; returning to the game, I just discovered I cannot live without altered camera settings...

• Like! 1

hahah regarding guests!

Well, we want to always show as much viewership as possible. It gives people honest numbers and makes everyone feel good about being a part of a busy community. With Sacred 2 being such a strange, very small community, we think it's important to keep everything looking aliev as much as possible, until the next year doldrums hit, and we're all looking for something to play and lost out our time with till Sacred 3 gets here.

Most of the forum is open for guest views though, and so we'll probably have peeps floating through guest status for even a few years more unless they want to take the plunge and join up with Sacred 2's Wildest community on the net.

Great you made it over to the dark side Trisse

gogo

• 1 year later...

An amusing and highly fun, informative read for all here on DarkMatters. Bless that special spider who showed it to me.

To you oh thread of treasure, this bump for all!

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am a self-admited lurker, lol, and was for years, tho I did register the day I found DM, thru a link on the Sacred wiki. Yes, I lurked for years, reading, learning, experimenting with some of the ideas I found here.

All in all, it has been very entertaining and enlightening to watch the evolution of this site, as I never felt comfortable enough over at the SIF to post anything, it just seemed like there was some underlying negitivity there, and I did NOT want to get drawn in.

This place seems much more laid back and open, but maybe that's just me? Anyway, while I am not much for posting, as I am sure you can tell by my count over the last 2 years, I am here to stay, so keep it in mind that rand is hiding here, somewhere, and just might show himself at any moment, eh?

BTW, I've never played MP, I'm not big on that, even when I was playing WOW and LastChaos, I did so solo,just never been a team-up kinda person, eh?

Edited by randdaman
  • Like! 1

Great writeup randdaman, I love reading about people's experience here as readers foremost, always makes the joy of posting and hanging out here even more fun knowing there are folks out there who are a part of our community , albeit silent. I know we usually only get about ten percent of the community here as posters, but it's always thrilling to meet someone who's been following along with all the FDM adventurers and probably even laughing and being sad with us when some of the HC toons have gone off to the high road.

Well met sir, and welcome to our home, DarkMatters!

+++

:gogo:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Me a Lurker... Most Definitely! (for many many many years)

I bought S1 when it first came out and fell in love immediately...been a fan ever since. Then came UW, Sacred 2 and IB... I couldn't begin to tell you how long I lurked before actually registering. Even forget how I first found DM, but I remember a lot of different sites before this. Think I found the wiki first and followed it here, or just maybe it was the map that brought me here. I can tell you though that once I found DM I was hooked. I think I finally took the plunge and registered when the first CM patch came out and stopped being a registered lurker when I got my Alienware and couldn't get Sacred to run on it. And everyone was so helpful.

Unfortunately for me I was never able to play Sacred (anything) with any of you cuz I couldn't get multi-player to work /cry. I have been fortunate to have the pleasure of playing in GW2 beta events with several of you tho, and have enjoyed your company. My current plans when GW2 is released is to stay in the DM guild and play with you all over going with my GW1 guild.

I tend to be shy when I don't know people (shush you that know me, I am :P), but once I warm up to you watch out, its hard to shut me up. lol I tend to not post unless I feel I have something to say, or if I need help sorting stuff out.

*hugs* to you all for being such a wonderful community

Kiy

BTW very interesting subject/topic Gogo.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

I lurked off and on for the past almost year waiting and hoping to eventually find out more info on sacred 3 and when it is to come out and well now that its finally officially on the way for hopefully next year I figure I might as well sign-up and start throwing my 2 cents in here and there, keep up to date on my gaming ifo for the future game, and also maybe even find a couple people to play with from time to time, however im an xbox360 gamer so who know about that, but then again maybe it will go multi-platform like some rumors have been. That deffinitely would make finding gamers easier lol.

• Like! 1

I lurked off and on for the past almost year waiting and hoping to eventually find out more info on sacred 3 and when it is to come out and well now that its finally officially on the way for hopefully next year I figure I might as well sign-up and start throwing my 2 cents in here and there, keep up to date on my gaming ifo for the future game, and also maybe even find a couple people to play with from time to time, however im an xbox360 gamer so who know about that, but then again maybe it will go multi-platform like some rumors have been. That deffinitely would make finding gamers easier lol.

I also hope that S3 includes cross platform MP. Even if it does not, you should have no trouble finding other console players to team up with.

So interesting reading these replies!

Well, I was not really a lurker on this site, but started with a little lurking on the SIF and occasionally found myself trapped without sunglasses here :crazy:

Back in the day I thought of myself as a Sacred guru and pointed out to all my friends where they could improve their game. I actually only stumbled on the SIF when downloading the Sacred Gold Plus patch, but soon found that I really knew very little about the game. Not long after registering on the SIF did I register here. The general mood was just a lot more friendly and I fell right into place, wanted or not. I will, however, be eternally grateful to the SIF for winning my free copy of Sacred 2 (although I was unable to play it on my low-spec PC when it finally arrived in the post).

Can't believe it's been 6 years already! :Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by Scleameth
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite topicx here at DarkMatters, Scleameth just read your write up, love what you have to say about feeling home here cuz of friendlies, now you're irresistably a part of the site... no escape!

six year eh, lol, I just checked the dates for when all FDM got goin, yeah, yeeks...time's goin by a weeeeee faster than I though :crazy:

And Killibot, welcome to us from lurker land!

:gogo:

gogo

• 5 months later...

Hmm lurking *scratches head* nope not here, member no 10, and untill I stopped posting mostly active... On other fora tho, few had the appeal, not to mention the maturity ( oops mentioned it) I found here. Trolls, flamewars, and bieber vs onedirection battles are a bit to much to stomache on a regular basis :P