Combat Art Descriptions

Combat arts pic

This is a modification of the temple guardian, I changed all of the combat arts to my own liking. Mainly summoning + attack speed arts.

Aspect 1;

Frentic Fervor

Dashing Alacrity

Rousing Command

Battle Extension

Combat Alert

Aspect 2;

Destroyer

Protector

Viperish Disease

Zealous Doppelgange

Instill Belief

Aspect 3;

Expulse Magic

Soul Reaver

Inexorable Subjugation

Rallied Souls

Nether Allegiance

Anyways, my question is, How do I change the combat art descriptions?

For example; I have replaced schoepfungsschlag with eifer, but even so it still gives me the skill description of schoepfungsschlag.

Not sure if it matters but, I am using Ice&Blood latest version.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Edited by MysticOnion

Haha.. very cool, infinite possibilities!

Unfortunately can't help with the question, but how is it to play?

Can you show us a picture of him with all his summons?

Hehe very cool stuff Mr Onion. Glad you decided to give it a shot.

Truth is I'm just as curious as you about that. So if anyone knows the answer, you'd be helping out more than one of us.

Anything other neat tricks you discovered by the way?

Haha.. very cool, infinite possibilities!

Unfortunately can't help with the question, but how is it to play?

Can you show us a picture of him with all his summons?

Its okay to play I suppose, haven't really put so much time yet. Mainly just an experiment,

thanks to the poster below you I got started with this kind of modding.

Hehe very cool stuff Mr Onion. Glad you decided to give it a shot.

Truth is I'm just as curious as you about that. So if anyone knows the answer, you'd be helping out more than one of us.

Anything other neat tricks you discovered by the way?

Another problem I'm having is that the combat art modifications don't work.. I think it's because at first I simply tried to replace the spells in the creature.txt, but then found out that most of the Temple guardians Combat Arts are hardcoded.. So I what I did next was simply copy-pasta the tokens from the spell I wanted :P

Problem is, the combat art modifications don't apply to the spells that I am currently using, they are the modifications intended for the original Combat Arts.. don't know how to fix this :devil:

neat tricks? eh.. I replaced the original ca icons with the icons of spells I wanted to use, not sure if that's such a secret though, oh and I think I've found a way for the TG to use two handed weapons.

Edited by MysticOnion
Another problem I'm having is that the combat art modifications don't work.. I think it's because at first I simply tried to replace the spells in the creature.txt, but then found out that most of the Temple guardians Combat Arts are hardcoded.. So I what I did next was simply copy-pasta the tokens from the spell I wanted ;)

Problem is, the combat art modifications don't apply to the spells that I am currently using, they are the modifications intended for the original Combat Arts.. don't know how to fix this :)

Would you mind posting an example of one of those spells? If it is what I think it is, it is infact quite a tricky problem, but one I solved about an hour ago. So lets hope we're on the same track here hehe.

Also, just as an interesting update, I managed to make my perfect High Elf. Amongs a whole bunch of balance changes, I did some of the following:

(NOTE: these are all modifications to her default spells, not replacements from other spells. All modified spells include complete visuals, modifications, and effects as well.)

-changed fire demon into fiery ember from temple guardian. Looks great, works real nice!

-changed bireball to always hit area of effect

-changed frost flare to have larger area of effect, but less impact damage

-changed raging nimbus to do 10 times less damage, but hit 10 times more per second. Same effect, just looks cooler.

-changed cascading shroud into icy evanescence from temple guardian, complete with visuals, stalagmite effects, and modifications, same as fiery ember.

-changed cobalt strike to do a bit less damage, but always chains, and chains more. 3 targets with first chain upgrade, 5 targets with second

-changed expulse magic to flaring nova from Seraphim. Love this one the most. Just looks so cool. And what sorcerer doesn't have a nova spell:) hehe

so basically I threw away summonings, duration buffs, and stupid expulse magic to make her an all out offensive character. :)

You can't change the CA descriptions (or any of the text in-game) without editing the global.res file. Unfortunately no-one knows how to do that.

there is an application called resource hacker and HG H3 res editor to open .res file format, but since global.res size too big (3 mb), you need a lot of memories to open that file,

You can't change the CA descriptions (or any of the text in-game) without editing the global.res file. Unfortunately no-one knows how to do that.

there is an application called resource hacker and HG H3 res editor to open .res file format, but since global.res size too big (3 mb), you need a lot of memories to open that file,

Whats this HG H3 thing you mentioned? Do you have a link to it by any chance?