Ice & Blood Won't Activate

Problem Solved!

Hey guys, just dowloaded the Ice and Blood expansion from DLgamer. Dowload went completely fine and dandy, and I decided to install patch 2.64 and 2.65 off of the Sacred2.com update page. After all downloads and patches were completed, I fired up the game to jump into the new world of Ice and Blood. Unfortunately, this game doesn't like me for some reason and its goal is to make me go crazy :thumbsup: . The game brings up the first loading screen with a black background, the blue sacred 2 logo in the center, and the orange text that comes up along the bottom left corner. Two things stood out to me

1. The first line reads: Sacred2: Ice & Blood- V2.65.2 Build 1837 Language EN_UK

Directly underneath that line says: Online Activation Disabled

2. The second thing I noticed was under the line that says: Setup Managers...

Underneath that says: Input Manager:Unable To Acquire Devices!

The screen stops here and does not change or crash or anything. While alt+tabbing out of the program to close it, I noticed that a box flashed for half a second then disappeared. After this occured, I tried to alt tab back to Sacred 2, but I found that it was no longer possible. Wierdly enough, the game apppeared to still be running on the task bar. So I attempted to click on it, but no dice. It would not maximize the screen from the task bar. Because I am running on a Windows 7, I hovered my mouse over the icon on the task bar to see what it would do. This is the screen I got:

93048093.jpg

As I screen will not maximize, I cannot click the stupid Next-> button. Sacred 2 Fallen Angel worked perfectly and was patched to 2.43 just for some extra info. Not sure if you need it but I'll post the DxDiag:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Studio XPS 8100

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM

Page File: 2438MB used, 13861MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

If anyone can help me solve my dilema I would really appreciate it :D

Edited by gogoblender

Just wanted you to know that you're not being ignored. I read your message, but as I'm not using Windows 7...

Let me just clarify: You were using Sacred 2.43 on Windows 7.

Now, you're trying to use an updated version of Sacred on Windows 7.

Are you logged into an account with administrative access? This might be your problem if you're not.

Activation probably needs higher level system access.

Try an account with Administrative access is my suggestion.

Thanks Frost, you must bring some seriously good luck man :thumbsup: . I can't believe it, but five seconds after I posted this entire thing, I found a workaround using the SecureCom tool, which activated it for me. :D

We'll be looking to harass you online soon. :D

Guess this means I'll have to go undercover with shady character names :thumbsup:

Only if you hate being showered with Gold and pretty shiny things! :D

Thanks Frost, you must bring some seriously good luck man :D . I can't believe it, but five seconds after I posted this entire thing, I found a workaround using the SecureCom tool, which activated it for me. :)

Great hearing about your work around, welcome to Ancaria EU!

:P

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Am having an identical problem (exactly the same) and can't find a solution. Have used the SecuROM Tool and even sent the file to SecuRom who tells me there is no problem that they see. The only thing I noticed when installing Sacred 2 Gold after uninstalling Sacred 2 was that I was never asked for the activation Key for Ice & Blood only Fallen Angel. Does anyone know what the sloution is? Thanks for your help.

Tom

Hey there Tom and welcome to the forums :)

I would try running in windows XP compatibility mode if you have windows 7. And if you're already running in compatibility mode, switch it off. Also, as Frost said, make sure you have administrator priviledges set.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. Tried all the combinations of Windows 7 Compatibility Mode with Administrator on and off. Still the same as your original post. Do you recall what you did to cause your installation to work?

Make sure you have your anti-virus off. it may prevent the securom from starting. also I had to allow sacred2.exe and sg2.exe exceptions in my firewall.

I have installed on Win7 with no issue, so I don't think its a windows problem. But maybe a security problem. I also disabled the UAC(User Acct Control) that may prevent programs from running sometimes.

also I always patch to 2.65.1 before I try to run the program. I believe 2.64 did have an issue with Win7 and activation

Hmm...I believe I moved the Ice and Blood folders into the Deep Silver folder. Don't know why I did that, but felt it might help the system locate the files. Then I searched around and found out about the SecureRom activation/removal tool. I used that...I can't remember if I used the activation or removal though. Maybe try the removal first, and then try activation. From there I changed the compatibility mode from XP SP3 to Windows 7 (removed check from box). Also made sure administrator privileges were set to on. Next time I booted up the game, that window with the dfa-data.zip had disappeared. I still noticed though, that the load up screen says Online Activation Disabled under the second line. The input manager problem has left, so at least the game can run. If you've already done all the steps I mentioned (and it seems like you have) I'm kinda at a loss about how to fix it. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy guys can help you out more so we can see you in game :(

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a week since I had time to play. Tried all your suggestions and nothing seemed to work. Tried again today and game ran, have no idea of anything I did that was different. Last week I even tried with no antivirus and router and machine firewalls turned off, which I hate to do. Today with everything up the game is running, although it did freeze once. Thanks for your help.

• 3 months later...
Thanks Frost, you must bring some seriously good luck man :) . I can't believe it, but five seconds after I posted this entire thing, I found a workaround using the SecureCom tool, which activated it for me. :D

Wish some of that good luck would rub off on me.. I've spent the last few hours trying to find a solution - unsuccessfully. The only SecureRom tool I was able to find was a diagnostic tool which was about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

The symptoms are pretty much the same - except I don't see that box in the window.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for being a thred Necromancer but I am having the same problem as aht op.

My old Vista computer DIED but I was able to Uninstall and revoke my secure rom activations before it completely dropped dead.

ANy how it ran flawlessly on my old vistabox.

Im now running Win7 and I can run FA ver 2.43 But nothing Ice and Blood will run at all.

I even tried the Manual activation method from the securom site and it still did not recognice the activation. Suffice it to say that I am not happy about this situation(Major Understatement). I would very much like to get my IMP back.

Any suggestions that have not already been mentioned:) I am oppen to suggestions. Also wasn't there supposed to be a patch that did away with the securom DRM stuff:)

Sorry for being a thred Necromancer but I am having the same problem as aht op.

My old Vista computer DIED but I was able to Uninstall and revoke my secure rom activations before it completely dropped dead.

ANy how it ran flawlessly on my old vistabox.

Im now running Win7 and I can run FA ver 2.43 But nothing Ice and Blood will run at all.

I even tried the Manual activation method from the securom site and it still did not recognice the activation. Suffice it to say that I am not happy about this situation(Major Understatement). I would very much like to get my IMP back.

Any suggestions that have not already been mentioned:) I am oppen to suggestions. Also wasn't there supposed to be a patch that did away with the securom DRM stuff:)

Sucky stuff that DRM...

Uninstalling/revoking your key's license file isn't necessary. From what I've read, you can install Sacred 2 up to 4 times in 3 months - EVERY 3 months. Assuming your old Vista box is older than that, it shouldn't be a problem.

As of this writing, there is NO patch that removes the DRM from Sacred 2. There IS a thing in the Ice and Blood boot sequence (the red text) that says something to the effect that Online Activation has been disabled - but it's NOT the case. It's just kinda fubar.

That said, there's a guide for handling the activation procedure of Ice and Blood on Windows 7 that can be found here on the Sacred Wiki. It's about 1/2 way down the page. It does work if you follow the instructions carefully. I know - I've used it and wrote that section up myself after nearly going bald ripping my hair out going through the same shenanigans you're experiencing now.

Good luck!

@Wolie2kx

I think I found something that Worked for me at least. If I may borrow something from another

post of yours in another thread I may have discovered a Proceedure that might fix the win7

Ice and Blood activation problems with win 7 for all.

@all

The manual activation process goes as follows:

1.) download the activaction revoking utility.

2.) Revoke all Sacred 2 authorizations.

3.) download the manual activation utility

4.) Run it (As Administrator) and make sure to also run it in the same compatability mode that you run the game in.

5.) enter your product key when prompted.

6.) This generates a file which needs to be saved somewhere you can find it.

7.) You need to then log into a web site (there should be a button or a link for it on the app)

8.) Upload the file to the site when prompted. It will generate a response file.

9.) Download said response file.

10.) Run the manual activation app again. Feed it the response file when/where prompted.

11.) Be sure that you do this Before running the game and Re-Activating Sacred 2 Fallen Angel.

12.) If all went well, The game will load up without hanging and Ice and Blood will be activated.

I guess it frustraited me so much that my troubleshooting skills were temporarily de-activated lol.

Now I am not sure that this (Edited Proceedure) will work for anyone else but it did work for me.

The Origional unedited proceedure was posted by Wolie2kx

Here. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/18974-problems-activating-ice-blood/

All I did was Tweek and edit it a bit. Hopefully I will have helped someoneelse with this post.