Sacred Underworld/Gold Modding

I still play rather a lot.

One more thing, have you found a way to edit the experience/gold drops of Sacred: Underworld?

Hmm, I think no. Textures are all I could edit. May I ask if you have the X-mas set? I wan to Mod it too if you have, Please send me a Hero file. Ill gladly thank you in my next video :D

I created some editors for Sacred Underworld, for the Weapon.pak, Creature.pak and balance.bin.

But they are all in german and none of them is complete. Well the most complete is the one for the creature.pak, there you can change 70% of the values of every monster class and hero.

Here is the download: http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php...=tpmod;dl=item6

I created some editors for Sacred Underworld, for the Weapon.pak, Creature.pak and balance.bin.

But they are all in german and none of them is complete. Well the most complete is the one for the creature.pak, there you can change 70% of the values of every monster class and hero.

Here is the download: http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php...=tpmod;dl=item6

Hey Thorium,

how're you?

nice to see you, it's been a while ! :D

oh, and btw, I just saw and remembered your awesome UW patch ! : ..

would the updated build of the unofficial Sacred Underwold Fan-Patch work for the english/UK version of Sacred UW as well?

http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php...tpmod;dl=item34

..meaning ENG/UK 2.28 > 2.29.14 ?

Thx in advance,

Greetings James

Edited by Rotluchs
Hey Thorium,

how're you?

nice to see you, it's been a while ! :D

All fine.

Not playing Sacred 2 so I am not around on the forums anymore.

A PM about the global.res summoned me. And you know what they say: You cant get rid of the Thorium you summoned. ^^

would the updated build of the unofficial Sacred Underwold Fan-Patch work for the english/UK version of Sacred UW as well?

Oh. No that will not work. The patcher would say "Wrong MD5" or something similar. I would need to change some addresses to get it working for the ENG version.

There are still people interessted in it? Could change the Gameserver Multicore Fix too, that will also not work with the ENG version.

Edited by Thorium
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh. No that will not work. The patcher would say "Wrong MD5" or something similar. I would need to change some addresses to get it working for the ENG version.

There are still people interessted in it? Could change the Gameserver Multicore Fix too, that will also not work with the ENG version.

-------------------------------------

if people would knew that this patch basically exists,

then maybe they'd be interested in the 'localised' version as well, indeed..

but I'm not sure if the last remaining, very very small rest of the community that stilll plays Underworld still exists..

recently there were a few more players showing interest in UW, but they come and go.. in the end it's a constantly shrinking number of people.

it seems even the german MP community is virtually dead or in a coma,

since the Open Net Servers weren't accessible anymore, until they figured out a way, and access the lobby again-

which still is up and running (only the old ascaron-URL's were now invalid)

I'm not sure how the situtation is over here, I've only seen an 'official' announcement of the 'closed' servers that were shut down,

why and since when exactly the Open Net Servers can't be accessed anymore, I don't know..

still hoping for a workaround to get back the 'official' ENG/INT Open Net, here as well (our eng keys+accounts dont work on german servers)...

there're not many people who care for hamachi servers,

as it seems thats the last alternative remaining for MP sessions atm)

-------------------------------------

to get the patcher working with the ENG/UK (INT) version,

how much work would this cost you or anyone else?

(aside from sending lots of cookies your way to germany^^) :)

meaning the time needed one would have to invest into finding and changing the addresses and recompiling the patcher,

or whatever it's called one has to do :D

Edited by Rotluchs

Well, I for one am guite interested, since the old Sacred is still one of my fave games. Not to mention the all hours I wasted while hunting for perfect sets. :D

The thing is, I don't know much about the multiplayer.. Didn't have chance to try it when there were actually people around...

Oh, and one thing is sure; I'd really like to see some high res support. As my current monitor can't scale it right, Sacred, among few other older games, looks kinda bad in full screen...

• 2 weeks later...
to get the patcher working with the ENG/UK (INT) version,

how much work would this cost you or anyone else?

(aside from sending lots of cookies your way to germany^^) :D

meaning the time needed one would have to invest into finding and changing the addresses and recompiling the patcher,

or whatever it's called one has to do :)

Actualy it's not much work. 2.29.13 is allready existing for ENG and 2.29.14 just does a very little change. It would take me 1 hour maybe. I havned looked at the code for a long time. ^^

Will give it a try on the weekend.

Edited by Thorium
  • 1 year later...

I want to see those textures changes, is there anywhere else you could upload your video? Perhaps Dropbox or something similar.

Also, there's a fan patch for Sacred Underworld?! Will it works with Gold version bought at GOG?! What are the changes?! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Here is the download: http://http://www.sacredvault.org/forum/index.php...=tpmod;dl=item6

Hello!

Anyone could help me how to run these bins, because they say: comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not corretly registred, a file missing or invalid.

However they are in the pak folder.

Or my sacred gold should be german?

Thanx advance!