Sacred 3?

TheQuagmire

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would be even worse,

is to wait for years spent in complete 'silence and darkness' regarding news,

just to finally realise it's turned into Vaporware ...

I couldn't cope with that lol, no S3 ? no Mythos, or only a screwed one? and what if D3 wouldn't be what I expect it to be either... ?

aaah! don't you ever make think about such a worst case scenario regarding PC gaming.. never ever again, you hear me ? :music:

*positive thoughts,positive thoghts.. nananana, didn't hear you, I wasn't reading this...* running away scared into random directions, screaming around..

Lol Rotluchs, Diablo 3 was announced about 3 or 4 years ago now. I would rather be in silence knowing nothing and then just get a big surprise than hanging out for another game for another 4 years.

true.

what I'd like most was just the save confidence , that all the above 3 definitely will be released, no matter when.. just that will..

and when they do , they should rock ofc.

sure. you can't have that.

been through a lot of this recently, that's why I may respond 'sensitive' to all these sort of rumours, and bad news, or no news at all..

that's why I rather try not to think about it in any way at all..

I try to set my hope and expectations not too high, it hurts most if they get destroyed then.

also, that way I can still be positively surprised in an amazing way..

I'm not getting pessimistic either, I'm.. whatever, see the bold line :music:

PS: but still,

if S3 or Mythos would turn out to be some sort of the 'Duke Nukem' of HSARPG's meaning you have to wait 'forever' as well too...

I'd be pi..ed in respective of that really looong wait to come.

Really, only 2? It really must be getting close to 3 now.

nope. 2 years, 'exactly' .

28th June 2008 @ Blizzards World Wide Invitational.

besides, it does feel like more, yepp.

or, since that "§/(§=('** company called Redbana - or what they claim they are - even better. relaunch of CBT was planned for feb 2010 or so, thats ~4 month but they feel like 4 years.

but then again, I just finished a 4 hrs course/lesson here, and I feel like I have been up the past 24 hours.. or wait.. thats true, I am :)

that's just 'relative' , thank god. because all the adventures and fun that started in 2004 with S1 feels like yesterday.. but some of us are around for ~6years now :music:

when I went to school the last time a decade ago, there were times I just couldnt wait for a lesson to end.. 45minutes can be a long time, especially if you take a look at the clock above the chalkboard every 30 seconds ;)

same here, one better shouldn't do that, or you wait 'forever'

Edited by Rotluchs
what would be even worse,

is to wait for years spent in complete 'silence and darkness' regarding news,

just to finally realise it's turned into Vaporware ...

I couldn't cope with that lol, no S3 ? no Mythos, or only a screwed one? and what if D3 wouldn't be what I expect it to be either... ?

aaah! don't you ever make think about such a worst case scenario regarding PC gaming.. never ever again, you hear me ? ;)

*positive thoughts,positive thoghts.. nananana, didn't hear you, I wasn't reading this...* running away scared into random directions, screaming around..

You frightened me James :( The spirit of the Sacred 2 franchise, immense depth, unlimited creativity and the best gaming community in the world.... and now we're even having the glimmerest glimmering of a world with no new Sacreds?

Hush!

:)

gogo

Hey Neuromantik, I do agree that Torchlight is a great game, but it can't hold a candle to the Sacred and Diablo series. Also you should check out some of the fan based mods. There is one to increase the level cap to 999 and skill level cap to 30. Enjoy.

Sacred 3 vs. Diablo III

UFC 2015

eight-ball says: Sacred 3 may take the heavyweight title, eventually. With a support group such as DM/Wiki. Taking into consideration Sacred 2 has already tanked Ascaron into bankruptcy, perhaps because of the games depth. ~taking the programers so long to develop & write the code~ Which again, is perhaps why the company tanked? Koch-Media bought the marketing rights from a failed campaign.

eight-ball says: Diablo III has the marketing edge. Backed by the billion-dollar company Blizzard. But...alas...Blizzard North went bankrupt. Perhaps they do not have the funding which they once thought they had? However, Blizzard may bank on the subscription paid server's from the WoW community to fund their efforts?

Blizzard have endless cashflow at their disposal? Doubtfull, as the economy wains so may their subscription server's.

Who wins in the end? Does the story continue for either?

eight-ball says: Ask later... :D

I remain, Etherian

I really think if Sacred 3 has the same amount of depth, Diablo 3 will win. Most people are simple and lazy, they don't want to think, but those that do enjoy thinking, depth and a challenge will hopefully find their way to Ancaria. Diablo 3 has a MASSIVE marketing edge, especially in country's like the USA and Australia. In the end I fear Diablo 3 may win. My allegiance will always be with Sacred, Ancaria shall be my final resting place.

Haven't played Diablo, seems fun, but I actually enjoy the depth of Sacred 2 (as frustasting as it is sometimes...). Remember someone in the "Would Sacred 3 be a great mmorpg?" thread that said Sacred was fun precisely because of all the unknown factors constantly being discovered/extrapolated on; I have to agree with this statement, the depth, while it can sometimes drive me to play a different game (when I'm feeling lazy) also gives it a lot more (re) playability than other games (where you can just read up on the best build/best weapons/etc. and wind up having the same experience as everyone else).

I've enjoyed Sacred 2 for about 6 months, with two data corruptions that set me back many hours. I can't see Sacred 3 surviving a really long production peroid with world economics so unstable. The company may be better off creating the main engine and world and adding game add-ons at a later date.

Look what happened to Dungeon Hero, vanished. I'd still love to see Sacred 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't played Diablo, seems fun, but I actually enjoy the depth of Sacred 2 (as frustasting as it is sometimes...). Remember someone in the "Would Sacred 3 be a great mmorpg?" thread that said Sacred was fun precisely because of all the unknown factors constantly being discovered/extrapolated on; I have to agree with this statement, the depth, while it can sometimes drive me to play a different game (when I'm feeling lazy) also gives it a lot more (re) playability than other games (where you can just read up on the best build/best weapons/etc. and wind up having the same experience as everyone else).

It's true about this depth. We can also interpret it to mean always-new-content... because the forumulaes were never given out...or because the bugs make it so that we can't figure anything really well out?

:)

gogo

I agree that the randomness of Sacred is what makes it so fun. I'd definetly keep that but I'd also keep the sigle-player/multplayer aspect.

As for Diablo, it is a fun gam, and while the randomness of loot is not as random as Sacred, it's still a challenge to find set/unique items. Give it a try if youcan find a copy of it, preferrably Diablo 2.

• 1 year later...

Yep its 2012 already any news on the highly, no very highly anticipated Sacred 3, any news from anyone? With games like Skyrim, Diablo3 and many others making ruckus in the web I hope Koch and Deep Silver wont change their plans. I visited Deep and Koch sites there's no mention of our beloved S3. With Koch riding with Bethesda's Skyrim in Italy and Spain I hope, no I pray that well see S3 again within this year :agreed: . Please comment.....

Yep its 2012 already any news on the highly, no very highly anticipated Sacred 3, any news from anyone? With games like Skyrim, Diablo3 and many others making ruckus in the web I hope Koch and Deep Silver wont change their plans. I visited Deep and Koch sites there's no mention of our beloved S3. With Koch riding with Bethesda's Skyrim in Italy and Spain I hope, no I pray that well see S3 again within this year :agreed: . Please comment.....

this waiting is too long! I Really hope that Sacred 3'll exit in 2012 because I can't wait for other two years...