Sacred 3?

TheQuagmire

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This November press release in France mentions S3, so it's not dead yet!

http://www.pockett.net/n11668_Divers_Nominations_au_sein_de_Koch_Media_France

And here: http://www.kochmedia.com/games/brands.html Koch calls Sacred a "core brand" which to me says they plan to put the proper amount of work and money into it that it needs to sustain the brand.

Edited by masteff

November? That is the most recent news I have heard. There was a non specific "hang in there" message posted to their English Facebook page, but I think that was last summer.

http://www.pockett.net/n11668_Divers_Nominations_au_sein_de_Koch_Media_France

And here: http://www.kochmedia.com/games/brands.html Koch calls Sacred a "core brand" which to me says they plan to put the proper amount of work and money into it that it needs to sustain the brand.

Wonderful news, good catch Masteff!

:bounce:

gogo

http://www.pockett.n...ch_Media_France

And here: http://www.kochmedia...mes/brands.html Koch calls Sacred a "core brand" which to me says they plan to put the proper amount of work and money into it that it needs to sustain the brand.

Thanks for that info Masteff it really help me to sleep better at night.. :yawn:

Me too Daniel!

I was hoping for a while for more info, and this is adding positive energy for my day. Maybe we should post on the Keen Facebook page to see if they eek out some secrets too!

:devil:

gogo

Sacred 2 Site Guru

Group:

FDM Moderator Posts:

1,663 Joined:

01-December 09 Gender:Male Location:Muskoka, Ontario Real Name:Scott Platform:XBOX

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

Well, they are officially hiring for Sacred 3 at Keen Games' site:

linky

So, 2 yrs minimum after hiring staff....

I followed the link then: They need game programmers.. Then I thought what about Czevak and Schot.. hmmm. It would be nice if someone who really plays the game and contributed so much for it would be the one who will develop the third sequel

:BlobRed: what do you say guys:) :drool:

Sacred 2 Site Guru

Group:

FDM Moderator Posts:

1,663 Joined:

01-December 09 Gender:Male Location:Muskoka, Ontario Real Name:Scott Platform:XBOX

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

linky

So, 2 yrs minimum after hiring staff....

I followed the link then: They need game programmers.. Then I thought what about Czevak and Schot.. hmmm. It would be nice if someone who really plays the game and contributed so much for it would be the one who will develop the third sequel

:BlobRed: what do you say guys:) :drool:

If you are a good programmer I'll can be really nice

linky

So, 2 yrs minimum after hiring staff.... :(

I am new to this waiting for a game's release. What is that 2 year estimate based on?

I fear the lack of news is because there is nothing to say, meaning that they are still a long ways away.

I'm with lujate unfortunately. All that the info masteff found says is that they haven't forgotten the game.

Yes, and have been doing so for at least the last year, perhaps longer.

I'm glad they haven't forgotten the game! :bounce:

I think I'm with some of the posts in the topic here as well, a kind of letter/digital writing campaign...or, even, perhaps it's time for DarkMatters to have a Sacred 3 Contest to stir things up!

:cow_white:

gogo

I definitely agree :thumbsup:

If Koch and Deep Silver see that the sacred 3 is eagerly awaited by so many, maybe they'll heat things up kindda Blizzard and Bethesda are doin now for their core games.

with press releases, contests, etc. just to offer the game to wider range of players and larger number of players I know that you'll agree with me that developing games is still money-making and more money for the developers equals longevity of the game.

So Gogo go, go, go, go, go... :BlobRed::BlobRed::BlobRed:

So Gogo go, go, go, go, go... :BlobRed::BlobRed::BlobRed:

No reason why a game fan site can't put up a contest! Diablo 3's site was full of excited, expectant gamers, hard core ones, who pined for the game and never let up.

Don't give up folks...keep posting, theorizing and speculating!

:cow_white:

gogo

p.s. We'll look at a contest for to see what kind of buzz this can create^^

Blizzard and Bethesda are doin now for their core games.

Those games are an aweful lot closer to release than S3 (by several years probably, though I've no idea what Bethesda are working on now post-Skyrim)...

DLC's is for kids especially games giving powerful items. Ultimate God-Killer Sword eewww yuck! It destroys the essence of playing RPG's, I mean what's more satisfying than grinding/boss-hunting so you can gain a powerful item or start killing bosses in low level characters cause you have some uber-leet whack-stick:) DLC's makes players stupid..

Ehh BTW Steve good luck with your operation...

Edited by darkeidolon

DLC's is for kids especially games giving powerful items. Ultimate God-Killer Sword eewww yuck! It destroys the essence of playing RPG's, I mean what's more satisfying than grinding/boss-hunting so you can gain a powerful item or start killing bosses in low level characters cause you have some uber-leet whack-stick:) DLC's makes players stupid..

Yes, I'm no fan of DLC myself. Just a money maker for them, I guess............or stuff they forgot to add in the first place !

As for the op' ( I'm guessing you mean for my cataracts) it could be 6 months or 10 years !? I'll have to wait and see what the hospital says, but thanks for the thoughts.

That's a very limited view of DLC. I've always taken the view that DLC is any additional content that you can download, regardless of whether you pay for it or not. So for Sacred, both the Plus patch & Underworld (for S1) & Ice & Blood are DLC. Selling a "level 200 Super Awesome Sword of Ultimate Stabbing and Pain +10" would also be DLC, though there's a mighty big gulf between the two.