Sacred 3?

TheQuagmire

DLC's is for kids especially games giving powerful items. Ultimate God-Killer Sword eewww yuck! It destroys the essence of playing RPG's, I mean what's more satisfying than grinding/boss-hunting so you can gain a powerful item or start killing bosses in low level characters cause you have some uber-leet whack-stick:) DLC's makes players stupid..

Ehh BTW Steve good luck with your operation...

That's a very limited view of DLC. I've always taken the view that DLC is any additional content that you can download, regardless of whether you pay for it or not. So for Sacred, both the Plus patch & Underworld (for S1) & Ice & Blood are DLC. Selling a "level 200 Super Awesome Sword of Ultimate Stabbing and Pain +10" would also be DLC, though there's a mighty big gulf between the two.

Yes, but UW and Ice and Blood were expansions and where priced as such (plus too, but a free one) whereas DLC is more likely to be something like "Super Special extra mission which unlocks the level 200 Super Awesome Sword of Ultimate Stabbing and Pain +10" and is priced cheaper.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but UW and Ice and Blood were expansions and where priced as such (plus too, but a free one) whereas DLC is more likely to be something like "Super Special extra mission which unlocks the level 200 Super Awesome Sword of Ultimate Stabbing and Pain +10" and is priced cheaper.

Yeah, but that's just a pricing decision, doesn't change the fact that both the expansion & "Super Special extra mission which unlocks the level 200 Super Awesome Sword of Ultimate Stabbing and Pain +10" are new content that you (usually) pay for.

There's a significant price difference between a Porsche & a Trabant, but they're both cars.

Blizzard and Bethesda are doin now for their core games.

Those games are an aweful lot closer to release than S3 (by several years probably, though I've no idea what Bethesda are working on now post-Skyrim)...

I'd think they'd be working on Fallout 4, using many of the things they developed for Skyrim in it... Or at least I hope? :)

I've seen fallout 4 in action over at my cuz's place, on huge screen it's just incredible. A lof of the "build" ideas in that would work in Sacred series?

Gimme a high five Erling, haven't seen you in a while sir

:P

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They're making changes to the Sacred 2 Closed servers *sniff sniff* But perhaps this is launching point for some new changes, we're all waiting for news about this installment of the game!

:)

gogo

Happy to read this thread and to see that part 3 is still in the making, last thing I could find was that press conference in 2010 or something similar.

Yup, that's pretty much the hottest-off-the-press info that we've had...

• 1 month later...

Anyway, great that the game is still under development. I hope they try go far as they budget go for a long development time so they squize all their good ideas into the game. Question, does anyone here know what kind of budget Ascaron had for the first game and Underworld and Ascaron/Deep Silver for Fallen Angel? Just curious if they operate on the same level. I for one do hope they don't try to outdo themselves with graphics this time, but we'll see. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sacred 3 is the only game I can possibly think of that I will be at the store the very first day it comes out to buy it

...although I may be over 40 years old when it finally comes out. I'll still buy it though.

Sacred 3 is the only game I can possibly think of that I will be at the store the very first day it comes out to buy it

...although I may be over 40 years old when it finally comes out. I'll still buy it though.

Great!

Can never get enough of this sentiment, and I'm hoping that the big guys from Deep Silver do come around checking out the fan support for this game.

Keep it up guys!

:bounce:

gogo

I don't remember where I read this, but there could be a presentation of Sacred 3 sometime this year.

I seem to recall speculation over at SIF that there might be something released at an upcoming trade show. Not sure which show, mid summer in Europe, IIRC.

I don't remember where I read this, but there could be a presentation of Sacred 3 sometime this year.

I seem to recall speculation over at SIF that there might be something released at an upcoming trade show. Not sure which show, mid summer in Europe, IIRC.

Sounds like Gamescom. IIRC, that's the big gaming conference in Germany.

Gamescom 2010 is where Sacred 3 was originally announced, so it makes sense to follow up with further major announcements there.

Well, they are officially hiring for Sacred 3 at Keen Games' site:

linky

So, 2 yrs minimum after hiring staff.... :(

I am new to this waiting for a game's release. What is that 2 year estimate based on?

It's not really THAT hard to figure out. Assuming they've got the basic story line sorted out.. There's still a matter of doing the art work, coding the map, debugging, alpha testing, beta testing, game flow analysis, etc.. They've also got to do up primary quests, side quests, easter eggs, inside jokes, homages to Sacred 1 and 2, gravestones, and maybe even find something that tops the Blind Guardian concert from Sacred 2. And then there's the fine tuning part, rewrites, making things follow the Sacred and Sacred 2 legacy - so things get tied together somehow. And of course, let's not forget character development. They gotta come up with new primary characters, their weapons, moves, etc..

And that's just assuming they stick with a similar ARPG model that we got with S1 and Sacred 2. All bets are off if they decide to go in a different direction - I.e. go with something akin to ones found in some Star Wars games where each action gives you points toward the light or dark side or perhaps even something like the new Guild Wars engine with it's dynamic scripting.

After all, 16 - 20 GB worth of game just won't write itself... :Just_Cuz_21:

(Assuming 12 - 16 GB based on the 12.2 GB for Sacred 2: Fallen Angel and the 1.25 GB for Ice and Blood. The new game will likely be bigger, more epic than the last one. They do have to keep us die-hard Sacred 2 gamers happy, ya know.)

Thing is there has been speculation before pretty much every such event.

And as to the hiring, Keen games has had those job offers up almost since the game was announced.

Thing is there has been speculation before pretty much every such event.

yay speculation... we need more! Keep hunting everyone... keep this clamoring high, don't ease up on the pressure!

rawr

:devil:

gogo

The possible announcement that I read about mentioned Gamescom. IF there is an announcment this year, I would not expect the game to be ready until 2013 or 2014.

Edited by DaveO

The possible announcement that I read about mentioned Gamescom. IF there is an announcment this year, I would not expect the game to be ready until 2013 or 2014.

The statement in 2010 said 2011-2012. Assuming they are no closer now, then unfortunately 2013-2014 seems reasonable.

Darrel, sorry for the false hope. Nothing but painful anticipation here. :sigh:

• 2 months later...

Holee molee cool news! Our Faith is holding strong, the winds are a turning... is this a listing of the games coming out for that event?

Dobster, thanks for this post!

:hugs:

gogo

Holee molee cool news! Our Faith is holding strong, the winds are a turning... is this a listing of the games coming out for that event?

Dobster, thanks for this post!

:hugs:

gogo

Yeah it's from Gamescom 2012 Gogo, so not long to wait :BlobRed:

Tornado noticed this http://www.gamescom.de/media/gamescom/downloads/pdf/presse/Neuheitenliste.pdf but it is still unconfirmed as yet (third game from the bottom).

I think it really could be what it looks like :oooo:

We have a new CM over at the SIF and Deep Silver are talking at last, keep an eye out for more news :woot:

Am I missing something? :huh: The third item from the bottom is "Rabbids Lands".