Non-Existant Quest Ender

Dazza

I am a level 34 Seraphim, and I went straight from Thylysium to the desert area, via the cave there. I was Level 24 at the time and went up to 34 after finishing this place, but during my time there I started a quest called "El Leigh" and upon completion, that started "Dead Language Expert" I was accompanied by "Gelminy" to find this linguist who could read an ancient scroll, and I went to the marker, and this person named "Linguist Ventelien" does not exist.. The logbook shows his picture and to contact him, and so does the map marker, but this person is not inside or around his house where it shows. Quitting and re-loading did not help.

Since that quest, I went on to do a bunch of other quests in the area, and went back to it, but he was still not there, and Gelminy is still following me.

I'm playing the Gold edition with Version 2.65.1 build 1782.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do to get rid of her, it would be appreciated.

Update: I am now Level 42 and have continued the story that leads to the desert and have done other quests, but the Linguist is still not there. I'm stuck with this girl for the whole game, as nothing attacks her so she cannot die. At least she helps fight now and then!

Second Update: This isn't to do with Gelminy, but I thought I should put this query here instead of in a new topic.. I'm now in the Cursed Forest, and I completed "The Weakening of Abishai", by mixing the zombie's brains and stuff.. and I crossed the mist bridge into its castle and... there's absolutely nothing in it! Where is this Abishai? The map shows a boss as usual, but there is no quest and no boss here! How disappointing!

Edited by Dazza
  • 1 year later...

Try going upstairs if there is any?

Sometimes I get confused, and if there's any stairs, go up them immediately.

And I had the missing boss once, I think you have to do a quest, I haven't been again though...