Why not have Official DarkMatters Servers for Sacred 2?

Wouldn't having an official DarkMatters server for all servers(silver,gold,niob) not bronze... be cool?! I think so, the whole community of DM could just meet up on 3 servers... New members would be able to easily enjoy gaming with other DM members.

How are we going to do this?

Use accounts hosting the servers...

Just thought of it... tell me if you think it could work...

Wouldn't having an official DarkMatters server for all servers(silver,gold,niob) not bronze... be cool?! I think so, the whole community of DM could just meet up on 3 servers... New members would be able to easily enjoy gaming with other DM members.

How are we going to do this?

Use accounts hosting the servers...

Just thought of it... tell me if you think it could work...

It's a great idea Ethan. Having everyone meet up is fun, and keeps energy going. What happens is that a lot of people are at different levels and are using different parts of the map. Some peeps like to level with others in a party, some peeps like to explore solo. When you have packed servers, especially with new players, the danger of overspawning increases, and you can have peeps going into and out of zone.

what I find works for me pretty good, specially if I'm looking for others to party with is to just look up and down and see who's in what servers and jump into whoever is my level. There's usually folks just using servers to grind, and this works well for me. There's going to probably come a time for you when you begin to farm Guardians. At that point, you'll simply start a server to kill them then jet to another one within minutes. As well, for myself when really speed experience farming, I may just jump into a particular part of the map, let's say turtles at a very high level kill them all then jump to another server.

You'll soon get the hang of the "eye" and can quickly spot friendlies that you know will be waiting for you on a server with a case of chilled OJ

Have fun

:sigh:

gogo

There's also the matter of cost if you want "private" Dark servers hosted in Closed. Not that I know how much it is...

..don't know either.

but during the original run of Sacred1 and Plus, you could rent your own 'Clan' Servers @ Krawall.de , where the servers were hosted from/@ in the beginning...

but only a few people were ever using this option,

in general setting up a custom 'private' session located on the puplic servers would suffice anyway ,

in case you wanted to label your session for a special purpose like the Sunday's Kamikaze, other events, etc...

I remember however in rare cases the servers you could 'rent' had an important advantage:

sometimes they were the only ones up and running, when there were problems with the public ones :)

but after all, ping/latency/lag wasn't really better on paid servers, so there was hardly anything that would make up for the money they'd cost..

Im curious. Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to rent private servers then for Sacred 2?

:)

gogo

I have never read anywhere that you could do so ?

also have never seen anything like that in the lobby..

and hope Closed HC public servers will be up like.. forever :twitch:

atm I'd be only really interested in bringing back Sacred UW closed HC !

..that's what I'd pay for...

edit: "maybe" ;)

Edited by Rotluchs

There was never anything in the Int S1 lobby about them either, but IIRC DA had some...

Edit: I've PM'd Hornet asking him.

There was never anything in the Int S1 lobby about them either, but IIRC DA had some...

just to clarify. in Sacred 2 and Ice and Blood neither have I ever heard about this option, nor seen anything..

in S1 and UW there was that option for a while.. I'm not sure whether it was still there after the servers moving to a new host/provider..

oh, and there's that oooold thread about the DA Clan Server(s) here, for evidence.. you were right, didnt remember that there were some :) :

http://clan-da.com/showthread.php?t=2519

awesome

Curious to see what kinds of options are available

:D

gogo

I remember however in rare cases the servers you could 'rent' had an important advantage:

sometimes they were the only ones up and running, when there were problems with the public ones :)

but after all, ping/latency/lag wasn't really better on paid servers, so there was hardly anything that would make up for the money they'd cost..

The clan servers didn't get hammered as heavily as the regular ones did.

We didn't condone

a) Icon set was banned.

b) Orla's

(though we did allow split)

So our servers were more stable.

Our servers were also used a lot less (less traffic) than the public servers.

Towards the end, just about everyone (general public) knew the split-cave-enter-cave-exit-cave-enter... trick to maximize xp. That hammered the servers.

The benefit of private servers was no griefers (which generally is not a problem...but was once), no accidents. Guaranteed respect from each player for each player... and... no language barriers. Also, when partied, no drop-stealers... and no beggars.

I particularly liked a hassle-free gaming experience from using clan servers. The cost, IIRC was about $20/month (paid quarterly). It wasn't expensive. We had a bronze, gold and niob server for the longest time (IIRC).

If Dark Matters decides to pursue this, then the funds will have to be raised.

I don't think a lot of these issues--quest reward stealers, drop-stealers etc... can happen with the new program. Accidents still can happen, but the community is a good one. I don't think they're not likely to occur.

In short, there's less need for private servers this time around... and as always, they co$t $$$.

Edited by FrostElfGuard
Hornet said that private servers aren't avaliable this time round.

Well, that is kind of off kilter. Llama, wouldn't they be making money off of someone paying for servers and licensing? I would think Deep Silver would like that?

:)

gogo

Hornet said that private servers aren't avaliable this time round.

Well, that is kind of off kilter. Llama, wouldn't they be making money off of someone paying for servers and licensing? I would think Deep Silver would like that?

:D

gogo

Shhh!

or they shut down all servers tomorrow, if they find out someone would actually pay* for it :bye:

if it means to save closed HC, I'd be willing to help raise funds tho.

but then again, they might not charge for it because of old contracts, as it is said servers are to be hosted free.. they can shut them down, but not charge for it perhaps?

who knows, maybe its even somewhere in their old contract files for how long they have to let them run, and after that we're cut off, snip.. just like that in S-HC UW :)

well because if it wasnt so,

why the heck didnt they took our money with pleasure back then,

from some of us that might be willingly to sacrifice some cash for a revival closed hc uw servers... ?