My Avatar Needs A Facelift

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there in this community would be prepared to give my favorite character and Avatar a face-lift , it needs modernizing glossing up a bit. Heck be brillant if someone could 3d it or make sword he has slash or move.

And how do I get a New Zealand flag to show up like other players country flags, know this a separate thing but thought I'd throw it in.

Many Thanks

for that flag, go to my controls ->edit profile information ->country (last option on the page)

For the avatar you'll have to get someone else.

Ah, this might be a handy project for someone I have in mind Groosum. Can you tell us who that fine avatar hero of yours is? I don't recognize the character.

Cheers for the flag tip Arp. :)

Ah, this might be a handy project for someone I have in mind Groosum. Can you tell us who that fine avatar hero of yours is? I don't recognize the character.

Ok a link for the Famous "Groo The Wanderer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groo_the_Wanderer

Ps I have the first edition Marvel Comic shown on this wiki.

I could send the pic files for someone if they have a go at this for myself.

Cheers for the flag tip Arp. :)

Yip tried this and even changed it to another country and yes got the flag showing for that country chosen a very popular and populace one ... Very Sad I must be living in a non existent country or one with no people in it apart from myself ... I knew this was just a dream. :) Arah I know it's the Matrix at work :)

You have your country setup correct, however the forum is trying to get the image "/flags/New Zealand.gif" but it actually needs "/flags/New_Zealand.gif". You will need Schot to look into this for you.

First editions are awesome, I bet that will be worth a heap!

Edited by dreeft

Gosh Groosum. You really should get a flag for that make believe country of yours huh. :) Good catch dreeft! It's an error from looooong long ago when the flags were implemented. Some of them got the wrong naming scheme and well... There suuuure are a lotta flags, lol. All bettah now. ^^

Ah, so he's the Wanderer eh. Cool! Perhaps a fave shot of him would be a good start. If you can't find a nice quality pic online then a scanner might come in handy. :)

You have your country setup correct, however the forum is trying to get the image "/flags/New Zealand.gif" but it actually needs "/flags/New_Zealand.gif". You will need Schot to look into this for you.

I'm sure this highly efficient and motivated person will get onto this being 'Schot'. Darn your fast Schot :)

First editions are awesome, I bet that will be worth a heap!

Never thought of that when I bought it many years ago, have issues 1-9> I do remember at the time I was right into "Astrix and Obelix" as light comic reading and I think for this reason I was drawn to The Cover issue that reminded myself of this and hence why I got it plus the next few issues. Something or someone stopped me from subscribing sorta wished I had now. I also never got into any of the games based upon "Astrix and Obelix".

Gosh Groosum. You really should get a flag for that make believe country of yours huh. :) Good catch dreeft! It's an error from looooong long ago when the flags were implemented. Some of them got the wrong naming scheme and well... There suuuure are a lotta flags, lol. All bettah now. ^^

Ah, so he's the Wanderer eh. Cool! Perhaps a fave shot of him would be a good start. If you can't find a nice quality pic online then a scanner might come in handy. :)

Scanner good idea ... have base material for use :) Can something be done with the current Avatar, or I could get a collection together then PM yourself about this.

Edited by Groosum
Hi all,

Is there anyone out there in this community would be prepared to give my favorite character and Avatar a face-lift , it needs modernizing glossing up a bit. Heck be brillant if someone could 3d it or make sword he has slash or move.

And how do I get a New Zealand flag to show up like other players country flags, know this a separate thing but thought I'd throw it in.

Many Thanks

I wish I could help Goosum, but my artist skills rank with my hand writing.. both the subject of stephen king novels.

My good wishes for your project help bump your thread, and maybe there is someone with some talent to bring new life to your avatar.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...
Nice! I love image changes... Dreeft, great job!

Even think of making it a fade...Fades rock!

:bounce:

gogo

Dreeft? Lol, I think the credit goes to Kristian. Nice work on the avatar :D