Gift of Sakarra!?

Okay so for my new Shadow Warrior (Shadow) I took the Gift of Sakarra, the first time I ever used it was in the start area, to defeat that inquisitors apprentice, and HO-LEE-%@, that thing is HUGE, it killed the guy pretty fast.. then about 15 seconds later started charging at me, one hit took me to half hp and I ran like the wind outta there, not collecting my gear and runes. xP

I'm about level 8 now and I -can- kill the Demon, eventually, but.. what's the use of being able to summon something that won't stay on your side long enough to kill a boss, and then you're fighting two bosses!?

There is a playstyle for this daemon. I can't say I Know it myself, but it is definetly not for everybody. And I must say very frowned on by multiplayer servers. As the daemon must be killed. And exiting the server just transfers the daemon to another player. When I see a player enter a server with that deity I exit immediately. Its not my job to kill that thing for them.

Hey, Loco... I'm playing around with this god right now... any reference material you can point out? I'd like to get "a handle" on her before I really commit to testing.

I'd say this god would be awesome... if the AI wasn't as dumb as it is.

Hey, Loco... I'm playing around with this god right now... any reference material you can point out? I'd like to get "a handle" on her before I really commit to testing.

I'd say this god would be awesome... if the AI wasn't as dumb as it is.

I will have to do some searching. But I thought I remember reading a build that used it. Its been a long time. And since going hard core I have avoided it.

It seems classic villain insanity to unleash a daemon on your foe only to have the greed of power turn on you, as you discover you can't control it. The developers had a good sense of humor eh?

When I first started the game, I was of the opinion that it was the most powerful gift... but has a steep price to use.

True, to a sense, but killing the Saakra is not too hard if you're ready for it. On par with Octogolomass, IMO. I'm revisiting her because someone wanted to have Divine Devotion proven to be awesomesauce. Other than Testa, this was the only god power I thought of "abusing".

Wow, thanks for the link Spunky! I didn't realize that anyone had done an in depth analysis of how to use the demon. Very cool stuff. I wonder if taking Divine Devotion might find a use in a build like that.

No problem Ryan, havent tried it out myself yet, so it would be cool if someone gets these tricks to work out in Ice and Blood.

Okay thanks for the insight, I can't really see a use for him at the moment, other than setting him loose in villages and playing a truely evil character. :)

In chatting with others while playing online: I was informed that Divine Devotion tops out at 20% reduction of God Spell. Hanging around a God statue (or was it your God's statue) will reduce regen on the God Spell as well.

It would be pretty useless even if it did go to the max on the wiki (79% reduction). At skill level 200 it would still take 6 minutes and 18 seconds to recharge.

I've found it pretty useful while playing my Inquisitor, it can do some great damage to bosses (as well as having damage done to it) and even after it's "leash" breaks it will still attack enemies (if you're far enough away/possibly turned invisible w/SW) and using something like Mortifying Pillory (mark and enemy->aggroes other enemies) can still generate aggro between the demon and the boss. I agree, had someone hop into my game the other day (my level 1 TG used to give away free stuff) and summoned one right in the middle of The Island of Many Roads. It also made for a memorable first 5 minutes when I introduced my friend to Sacred 2 :)

You need DD for it to be very powerful/useful,I use it with a fire high elf.Best places to use it would be areas with large groups of enemies,like the swamp or the orc area.Every so often when you kill it,check its stats it can be on par with the Nameless.I was playing the other day,summoned the demon to kill some orcs and after 10 mins was able to kill it and saw that it had over 25000 attack and defense and had over 600,000 hitpoints. By then when it hits it hits HARD! Enough to one shot you with ease.If you are going to keep your char. going make sure you have the best gear and can hit for very high damage.