DarkMatters Meet'n'Treat and Hack'n'Slash Event!

Thanks to everyone who joined in the events! Much thanks to Schot for organising it. When's the next one? :)

Sorry I had to bail early, stupid work! :D

That was some good old fashioned fun and great to meet up with everyone there. :D It kinda seemed to me that what many were wanting/needing most was help with their builds be it advice or gear. This is something that is hard to do in conjunction with an event with an activity because while some people might need more time to get their builds ready others who have been long prepared end up having to wait. I was actually one of those people needing extra time to get ready, haha.

This has me thinking though... Back in Sacred Underworld we had occasional unplanned item drop offs. Some of us would once in a while, usually once a week, bring our "rich" characters to the low level servers and just drop off nice items on the Multi player Island for the low level players to take as they pleased. This came about more or less because eventually there came an over abundance of set and unique items. We hated to just sell them thinking it was an unfortunate waste so we gave our stuff away instead. So what we might do is change the Saturday "Meet'n'Greet & Hack'n'Slash" into just a ""Meet & Treat" event. The Meet & Treat would just be about helping eachothers builds out, exchanging items and whatnot. Then IF those there want to head out into the world to chop up some baddies then so be it but it's primary goal would be to help upgrade gear and so on.

The Sunday time slot would be all about Hack'n'Slash.

The only thing I'm wondering for Saturday is what time is best for Aussies. Did I choose a decent time yesterday or could it have been better? Most important is that if the Aussies answer this because the time slot was made for them. :)

Yeh, the first time slot worked well. It was 12pm Sunday which is a great time for playing.

If it worked out in favour of getting more international players in, you could definitely take up to 4hrs off that and it would still be fairly reasonable.

The Meet and Treat event sounds like a brilliant idea.

Well...I dont really know when the best time for a sunday my time (saturday your time) is since I work on sunday's, but since I am only a casual worker, my shifts change week to week. Normally however I will be too late for the first one and the second one will be on a uni morning...dodgy timing really. But, I'll see how I can fit in the first meet 'n' treat, I'm not working then next weekend so Im good for a week :D

We had an awesome time both Saturday night and all day and night Sunday. even met a non FDM player and partied for a while the Server stayed stable all the way to midnight!

Its only 12 seconds long but I did catch the end of the Chieftan

Ya was a crazy time. Ran through 32 levels yesterday. Was crazy. Doh we didnt get a video of the Abishai. That was nerve racking. We lost our mounts to him. Good thing we were riding at the time or it would have been us on the ground twitching.

Sorry to miss out on the party! Will do our best to make the next Event.

Also, will know next time to come more prepaired. I thought we where all starting @ level 1 from scratch. Come to find out most players already had their mounts, certain amount of shopped gear, etc.

Wont make this mistake again.

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ I'm very excited everyone had a great time!

Yeh, the first time slot worked well. It was 12pm Sunday which is a great time for playing.

If it worked out in favour of getting more international players in, you could definitely take up to 4hrs off that and it would still be fairly reasonable.

The Meet and Treat event sounds like a brilliant idea.

Agree with above comment which applies here to.

Not always are we prepaired in advance. When I first got on Saturday nigh we were doing the mount quest during the event. My Shadow warrior started out fairly naked. On Sunday a few of us started getting mounts 30 minutes prior to event. Usually someone will already be on with the mount quest completed. We just jump in and buy a mount. Being ready and prepaired is nice but not needed. And if you spend alot of time shopping good gear these baby Kami toons do tend to die usually so you would be restarting naked anyway.

Sorry to miss out on the party! Will do our best to make the next Event.

Also, will know next time to come more prepaired. I thought we where all starting @ level 1 from scratch. Come to find out most players already had their mounts, certain amount of shopped gear, etc.

Wont make this mistake again.

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ I'm very excited everyone had a great time!

Wow. Looks like I missed a real party. Hmm.

Folk Festival was this last weekend...so the house was jumping with guests.

However, nothing planned for the coming weekend (except maybe the Fringe Festival ;) )

I'm looking forward to this. Should probably install one of my other accounts so I have a clean slate. :D

Thanx for the feedback all. :) We'll stick with last weeks times then. So the first of the two time slots will be a "Meet'n'Treat" meaning that we'll get together to help out with each others builds. The second time slot on the following day will be a "Hack'n'Slash".

No particular level for these two. We're going to try this time without any level restriction. The only thing will be that it's going to be on a Silver server. :D

Hey Schot, can you update the timers? I found them incredibly useful trying to work out when we were playing.

Looking forward to it :D

I just became aware of this event!

If I roll up a level 2 Dragon Mage give him 2 million for gear with bargain first skill. Shop a socket suit (silver) and socket it with niob whets and 2 anneal will I be good to go for this event? I assume so?

If I roll up a level 2 Dragon Mage give him 2 million for gear with bargain first skill. Shop a socket suit (silver) and socket it with niob whets and 2 anneal will I be good to go for this event? I assume so?

Come anyway you like. You'll be fine.:-)

That's effectively how I did my SW last week and he had no problems at all.

Possibly overpowered if anything.

Please Sign In or Sign Up