DarkMatters Meet'n'Treat and Hack'n'Slash Event!

The events will be primarily for Light Path characters. If you would like to play a

Shadow Path character then please post about that here so we can plan party sizes.

Server Difficulty: Silver

The event time for the above countdown is set to the hour of 2am GMT +0. If you'd like to convert

that time to your own you can apply your area's time zone value to the GMT time I've set for the

first event time; 2am. Mine for example is presently EDT during the summer which translates to

GMT -4 since I live in Montreal. 2am -4 = 10pm.

In Sydney Australia that would be 2am +10 = 12pm noon. Oooor... Just follow the countdown timer. ^^

This event countdown timer is set to 6pm GMT +0.

In light of the very many and wonderful people who have come to join us on the PC side of Sacred 2 I thought it might be fun to run a lil get together event. In fact I've been wanting to do this for a very long time. Reality it seems has had a tight hold on me but I think it's high time I kicked it in the butt and had a lil fun huh?

So here's the deal then. This coming Saturday(which is Sunday at noon for the Aussies) and Sunday I'd like to have a day event for anyone and everyone here at FDM. It'll go much like the good O'l Kamikaze event but there's nothing long term planned with this one. Just an event for the 11th. Now since there are so many new people we have the luxury of running old event ideas like my favorite, the Ancestor's Chamber's quest. Depending on the number of people showing up we may split up into parties and do different things. Like a Boss run for one party as an example. Aaaand of course we'll start the whole thing off with the first goal of the event to have everyone together for a couple boss targets. Usually Gahanka and the Griffin. One of the funnest things for me in the Kamikaze was when we'd run aaaall together on screen. I think we even managed 16 people a couple of times. Now THAT's a pretty awesome sight.

For those who get lag you'll need to keep in mind that playing in a low-ish graphics setting might help. The more people on screen the harder it will be for your system but once we split up into parties it won't be so bad. You'll need all your computer's resources for this event and to improve things you'll want to turn off all other programs while we play. :agreed:

And now the catch... You're all going to die. Mwahaha! This event will be a level 1 event which means that EVERYONE must arrive to the event with level 1 characters. If you're thinking about wearing uber important gear such as mega impressive uniques or legendaries then I'll stop you right here and warn you that you are all most likely going to lose your characters. That's all I'm saying on that note. For now... ^^

Gear up gang! It's party time. :D

P.s.

Some important points have been made during this topic:

Awesome, if we split into parties I will volunteer to lead the Mad Dash party if anybody is interested. Nothing is more fun than a Bunch of us at level 1ish hauling for the Human territory as fast as we can while wearing nothing on but a smile. :)

See ya all Sunday!

Fantastic loco. That's a generous and much needed offer. One I didn't think of and am glad for your thoughts on. :) In fact if anyone else is interested it's possible that we'll need a few more party leaders in the event we actually do end up with 16 players, haha.

I am in if I can get some gametime during that time! Sounds like a hella good time.

We may need to fire up some vent or ts for this.

I don't use those myself but I'll have my Xfire on. Mostly for video recording but I'll have my chat open too.

Xfire username: darkschot

Well, I'll probably be good to go about 3-4hrs after you guys start since I'm on uni holidays at the moment, if dreeft is working a 9-5 job then he wont be free til 12 hours later at least.

Fudgecakes! I've got to go to an aunt's second wedding during the day :sick: I'll be on around 7-8 EST over here so maybe I'll join the party with the aussies :D

Hmmm.... Maybe a Saturday(my time)/Sunday(Aussie time) is a better idea? I've been entertaining thoughts for that kind of a split for events in general in order to include you guys in Oz for some time now. We could try that.

As for how things will go I'm thinking that we'll strive for level 15-ish at which point we'll pause for a bit to grab drinks and exchange items. Level 15 is a great level to do a quick upgrade of gear. If we end up leveling very fast then we may play to Level 25 but that all depends on how it goes.

Speaking of gear... Everyone should feel free to do some serious shopping for their Level 1 characters. Since there will be many people on the server the enemies will be pretty tough so make sure your gear has LOTS of slots/sockets filled with decent forgery such as Niob Smith arts for defense and whatnot. Many of us here can help out with that if needed. :agreed:

Oh and IF we end up doing a split event, (Saturday/Sunday), BOTH times will be starting with Level 1 characters. Please don't play in the first one and then come to the second one with a decked out level 20-ish character, lol. That just wouldn;t be fair. ^^

Are we talking light parties with seraphim or dark parties with Inquisitor here

Wouldn't want to be the lonely Inquisitor stood on the isle with his skirt blowing up around his ears :whistle:

lol Dobs. skirt blowing indeed. :D Well... As you know we're primarily a Light oriented bunch so as to increase chances of being able to party together. That said... As long as a few of you make plans together to be shadow aligned then I don't see a problem. It would be fun to see Inquisitor's in the mix. If some of you do decide to go the Shadow route just be careful not to be too many or too few so as to be able to have a decent party size. I'll leave that to those of you who want to be Shadow.

This is however, like all others we do, a Light oriented event. :agreed:

• Like! 1

Awesome, if we split into parties I will volunteer to lead the Mad Dash party if anybody is interested. Nothing is more fun than a Bunch of us at level 1ish hauling for the Human territory as fast as we can while wearing nothing on but a smile. :)

See ya all Sunday!

oh oh oh me too! :) And if Schot says we gonna die and the Holos Brothers are running together we definitely have a 95% chance to hit the lotto on this one.

Awww :whistle: I want to play so bad, but based on my rough calculations it will be about 6am Monday morning!

I wonder if I can organise a day off work :)

I am in if I can get some gametime during that time! Sounds like a hella good time.

Awww :whistle: I want to play so bad, but based on my rough calculations it will be about 6am Monday morning!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat...sounds awesome but I probably will be sound asleep :agreed: But if you're all still on at around 8.30-9am I may join in for the end of the fun.

Edited by Dragon Brother
Awesome, if we split into parties I will volunteer to lead the Mad Dash party if anybody is interested. Nothing is more fun than a Bunch of us at level 1ish hauling for the Human territory as fast as we can while wearing nothing on but a smile. :D

See ya all Sunday!

Fantastic loco. That's a generous and much needed offer. One I didn't think of and am glad for your thoughts on. :) In fact if anyone else is interested it's possible that we'll need a few more party leaders in the event we actually do end up with 16 players, haha.

oh oh oh me too! :whistle: And if Schot says we gonna die and the Holos Brothers are running together we definitely have a 95% chance to hit the lotto on this one.

Buy your tickets now! :agreed:

Awww :sick: I want to play so bad, but based on my rough calculations it will be about 6am Monday morning!

I wonder if I can organise a day off work :agreed:

Awww :D I want to play so bad, but based on my rough calculations it will be about 6am Monday morning!

I wonder if I can organise a day off work :agreed:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat...sounds awesome but I probably will be sound asleep :D But if you're all still on at around 8.30-9am I may join in for the end of the fun.

Awh guys. I think the leaders of the world need to develope a new time zone. Game Time. Where gamers all around the world agree to a time to sleep, work and play. ^^

How's about we do a second run of the same thing later on in the day? What's good for you guys?

I don't use those myself but I'll have my Xfire on. Mostly for video recording but I'll have my chat open too.

Xfire username: darkschot

Awww :agreed: I want to play so bad, but based on my rough calculations it will be about 6am Monday morning!

Awww :agreed: I want to play so bad, but based on my rough calculations it will be about 6am Monday morning!

I wonder if I can organise a day off work :whistle:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat...sounds awesome but I probably will be sound asleep :agreed: But if you're all still on at around 8.30-9am I may join in for the end of the fun.

Awh guys. I think the leaders of the world need to develope a new time zone. Game Time. Where gamers all around the world agree to a time to sleep, work and play. ^^

How's about we do a second run of the same thing later on in the day? What's good for you guys?

Well, I'll probably be good to go about 3-4hrs after you guys start since I'm on uni holidays at the moment, if dreeft is working a 9-5 job then he wont be free til 12 hours later at least.

Sounds like fun Schot, It's been a while since joining one of the big events.

I'll see if the llama will come along to :D

Too long eh Dobs. The more the merrier so be all means you and Llama should join in if you have the time. :)

Awesome Idea/s need to be more of this sorta thing if I can't be there hope it goes off with a bang. :)

Too true and hopefully more often indeed Groosum. Hope to see you there! If not perhaps another time.

Fudgecakes! I've got to go to an aunt's second wedding during the day :sick: I'll be on around 7-8 EST over here so maybe I'll join the party with the aussies :D

Hmmm.... Maybe a Saturday(my time)/Sunday(Aussie time) is a better idea? I've been entertaining thoughts for that kind of a split for events in general in order to include you guys in Oz for some time now. We could try that.

As for how things will go I'm thinking that we'll strive for level 15-ish at which point we'll pause for a bit to grab drinks and exchange items. Level 15 is a great level to do a quick upgrade of gear. If we end up leveling very fast then we may play to Level 25 but that all depends on how it goes.

Speaking of gear... Everyone should feel free to do some serious shopping for their Level 1 characters. Since there will be many people on the server the enemies will be pretty tough so make sure your gear has LOTS of slots/sockets filled with decent forgery such as Niob Smith arts for defense and whatnot. Many of us here can help out with that if needed. :gogo:

Oh and IF we end up doing a split event, (Saturday/Sunday), BOTH times will be starting with Level 1 characters. Please don't play in the first one and then come to the second one with a decked out level 20-ish character, lol. That just wouldn;t be fair. ^^

Awesome idea Schot. There have been so many new players getting Sacred 2, and getting to meet up with everyone is going to be a party, especially for all the new members of the community who've never seen the craziness of taking on a boss with a friendly mob.

Level one...yeeeeee haw... old school fun with Sacred 2

Count me in!

:gogo:

gogo

Paaaaaahteh! :gogo:

Oh you know what I just realized I love about this topic... Our new Time Zone clocks under everyone's avatar's. Wow... Does it ever make scheduling a lot easier!

P.s.

You need to change your time zone gogo. :D

Are we talking light parties with seraphim or dark parties with Inquisitor here

Wouldn't want to be the lonely Inquisitor stood on the isle with his skirt blowing up around his ears :gogo:

lol Dobs. skirt blowing indeed. :D Well... As you know we're primarily a Light oriented bunch so as to increase chances of being able to party together. That said... As long as a few of you make plans together to be shadow aligned then I don't see a problem. It would be fun to see Inquisitor's in the mix. If some of you do decide to go the Shadow route just be careful not to be too many or too few so as to be able to have a decent party size. I'll leave that to those of you who want to be Shadow.

This is however, like all others we do, a Light oriented event. :gogo:

I don't think I could do the same time in Sunday morning my time since I have work both weekend days in the morning. Looks like I'll just have to see if anyone is hanging around at the end.

I've been waiting patiently for an event such as this for quite sometime now. Actually, I have been in the party mood as of late. Perhaps because the 4th of July just passed?

alas, sadly, I cannot make this event.

Family and I have to travel a very long distance to attend a 5th generation recent passing away. My Great-Grandfather John passed away early last week @ the ripe age of 98. John was the cornerstone of the Clan, no doubt.

Very sorry about this news. Very sorry I cannot make the bash!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ hope to make the next generation of Meet & Greet!

Man, I wish I was working a 9-5! I have been doing 8-7+ lately :cry:

Yeh, Saturday/Sunday would be perfect. This would definitely work for me.
Yeh, Saturday/Sunday would be perfect. This would definitely work for me.

The Saturday night works over here :) It'll be 9-10 a.m. Aussie time, so I hope I can see some of you guys on. If not I'll see who's still on the Sunday one when I get home.

Aww, darn. Now or never I wish I had something else to boot than measly 2MB wireless... My comp could handle it, but I'm dead sure my connection can't. I'll be with you in spirits. (Or how'd I should say that.) :)

Oooook! I've made some major adjustments to my first post in the topic here. I've added much more specific details on when the event will happen. I "think" I managed to get the time conversions right... Yeesh! Time zones are makin my head spin. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone! I'm not even sure what kind of character I'm going to bring. Hmmm, hmmm....

Can't wait for national cheer up day! :D

Please Sign In or Sign Up