Oooh Nice...I love the fact the edit page up arrow and quote buttons are now in the centre :) and the lines ont he front page have gone! wooT nice work

/bow /bow /bow

Guest gogoblender

psst....

erialc....

*whispers*

so far I don't think anyone but admins can see the work schot is doin fer the new forum setup...

/whistle

gogo

p.s. but yer right...it is beuatiful work huh

:)

/lol

Oh thanx for saying so erialc. /hug Those lines were driving me nuts. The buttons I'm hoping to remake and mold into a simple 4 option mini interface. Heres hopin anyway. ^_^

Oh and errr, gogo. I think it's more than us admins seeing it, lol. /blush Seems the skin has been available to the public all along! :) haha. I think that's alright tho. I like the idea of giving the rest of the gang the option of coming along for the designing ride. Lil warning for anyone using the skin "Ogametests". It's going to be a bumpy ride. I've desided to dive into this lil project I've been avoiding which means a lot of changes will be occuring to this skin as I try idea after idea out. Not to mention all the trial and error I'll be feeling out.

So if your in then you're more than welcome gang. Feel free to give feedback. And if you do give feedback please keep in mind that it may or may not be heeded. Or you can take the safe rode and use the "Ogame" skin.

Cheers folks and thanx erialc'n'gogo! /hug

psst....

erialc....

*whispers*

so far I don't think anyone but admins can see the work schot is doin fer the new forum setup...

Oops /blush I flick between the skins so often I forget which I am using but it really does look sweet!!

Dinkies in the bar :)

You can find the skin selector at the veeery bottom of the page on the left side. It's not marked in any way tho. Just a little drop down menu box thing which should say "Ogame" inside. Just click the down arrow to see the skin options. :)

• 1 month later...

Man time is just flying by! I got back to doing some work on the test skin today. The skin is titled "skinning tests" and you can have a look by changing the forum skin from the selector at the bottom left of any page. Only did some work on the main page of the forum. Feedback would be much appreciated. :)

Oh and I'll be fixing up that quick reply box Scleameth. I'm kind of fond of it myself. Comes in handy sometimes. Not to worry Scleameth. And thanx. :)

P.s. Emmmm. Don't look at it with IE... /unsure

Hey schot...two things I noticed while looking at the "skinning tests" options:

1. Remember that white text issue when previewing a post -- well it seems to be resident in this skin

2. The post date doesn't appear, making it a little confusing.

But, I really like the background design around the avatars and that the "lines" are not there....

Thanx Celebrimbor :)

I'll remember to to check this topic when I start work on the topic viewing page of the skin so as not to miss your two points.

Hey Schot,

I love the test skin and the floating av boxes...but my only niggle with it is that overall it's very wide! If you change from ogame skin to the skinningtests you'll see what I mean.

Still great work :)

Ahhhh, I think you might have checked out the skinning tests while I was doing a ton of work on it. At one point I had the skin set to fill the entire length of the screen but I've changed that back to the same width as the ogame skin. :)

Added something neat to the skinning tests today. Check it out! The skin is pulsing! Ooooooooh. B)

Good idea bad idea? Wrong colour choice? The pulsing is kinda subtle so you may have to stare a while. On the index page, or main page, the background under the forum descriptions, # of topics, replies, and last post info area.

Back to work for me. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I love the test skin and the floating av boxes...but my only niggle with it is that overall it's very wide! If you change from ogame skin to the skinningtests you'll see what I mean.

Hey Schot, just thought I'll give you somethin' to put in yer pipe.... after I did a quick edit on one of my posts, the post got 'wide'...

Where's the 'tests' skin gone to ? /cry

Hey Schot, just thought I'll give you somethin' to put in yer pipe.... after I did a quick edit on one of my posts, the post got 'wide'...

Where's the 'tests' skin gone to ? /cry

Oh that's not a good thing Scleameth. /blink

Is it still stretched now? Can you link me to it so I can see what's up? Or if not can you duplicate the error here?

As for the test skin... You blame gogo, lol. Gogo thought it would be better to surprise you all because of a particular treat I'm adding to the skin. Oh and nice new sig btw! :(

Oh that's not a good thing Scleameth. /blink

Is it still stretched now? Can you link me to it so I can see what's up? Or if not can you duplicate the error here?

As for the test skin... You blame gogo, lol. Gogo thought it would be better to surprise you all because of a particular treat I'm adding to the skin. Oh and nice new sig btw! :)

errrr.... seems to be ok now - the edit was done in the "welcom Katran as new mod" thread. But it seems as though this 'wide' issue might be an inconsistent thing. When I loaded this thread, Erialc's first post was wide. When I reloaded her post was OK, but all your posts are wide. Do you think it might have something to do with our sigs being in centered ?

So we'll have to sit back and relax a while for the new skin ... no problemo - suprizes are good ! B)

I thought it was time for new sig... it was supposed to be a gif with a transparent background, but the result was really awfull, so I just swiped the paintbrush a few times and filtered the wave effect and it came out to this ! I'm a great fan of DBZ and DB GT - my wife thinks it's childish, but there's some good humour in there ...