Some advice on Shadow Warrior skills needed

I currently have a level 32 Shadow warrior.

Im going for a Sword/Shield attacker.

Current Skills (skill levels approx)

Sword 32

Shield 18

Armour 10

Toughness 5

Death Warrior Focus 15

Constitution 5

Tactic Lore 18

I have just been doing some research and I seem to have two ways to go with regards to choosing my other 3 skills. I was looking at either doing

Combat Reflexes

Damage Lore

Speed Lore

Or to utilize the advantage of the Tactics lore affecting modifications in DW and MC I was also thinking

Malevalent Focus

Concentration (level 1 ONLY)

Combat Discipline

The second option also helps with regards to Skill point allocation by using only one skill point in Concentration where as option 1 would be more of an entirely balanced skill point allocation. The advantage of Combat Discipline also seems extremly appealing at very high levels...

Im kinda swaying more to the second option as I type but would still like opinions.

Also if someone could point me in the direction of a good combo faq. BAsically all I want to know about combos is that if I have 2 CA from the same aspect will they both be cast with a regen time equalling both CAs combined or just the longest one. Will it only cast one of the Combat Arts whats the advantage of using Combat Arts from different aspects in a combo?

Thanks in advance for any replies

I would suggest mal focus concentrate and NOT combat disc. Remember for weapon attacks combat disc realy only helps a little with damage as it ONLY mods the modded damage of a combat art with regaurds to weapon based combat arts. Unless your using alot of combos that is...

Instead what I would do is get astral focus and put conentrate to 75 and astral focus to 9 and add in some fairly powerful skeletons to help you out by using at most say 20-30 runes by level 100 or so.

The extra concentrate will more then make up for the third buff even with just 9 in focus and 2-4 skellies can realy come in handy.

I would take skills from the second option: you can make really tough toon with GR and RE buffs. Combat Discipline will improve dmg of your CAs plus if you put them into combos (even a single CA) they'll be regenerating 10% faster (20% at 75 level of skill) so you can spam them easily. Only good combo I've found for this tank-like SW is Rousing Command + Killing Spree + Augmenting Guidon.

Thanks for the tips so far.

Not getting much gaming time the last few days. So I would say I have about a week before I will have to pick my tenth skill. Im gonna go for concentrate and MF for 8 and 9 and see what else people have to say till I have to worry about the tenth skill.

Your ideas look good. I'd definitely take concentration to run RE and Grim both.

I am experimenting with putting a weapon combat art at the end of the rousing/killing spree/weapon then I use rph to recharge it..

I like guidon seperate because guidon has a short cooldown much shorter than 60 seconds. I drop it any time something dangerous and I am experimenting with putting a weapon combat art after it.. Haven't tested yet as I don't have CD yet and no rph jewels yet.

By the way you have shield lore and thats very nice with augment guidon because AG gives a huge flat defense increase and shield raises defense by a %.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with 2nd set of options, 2 buffs really makes a difference for survivability later, shield lore may almost become unnecessary if you get GR & RE high enough & mod RE to reflect

if you take combat discipline, the best combo is 1 ca by itself as that 10% speed boost helps (especially if you use Frenzied rampage) reduce the time needed before you add another rune. I assume since you took sword/shield you don't use 2 handed swords very often? Apart from a 1 ca combo, best destroyer is DB/SS/FR as there are not many things that can withstand that (apart from bosses). Mod DB to add damage to next ca and you start looking for groups to decimate.

Just one thing Colif, Demonic Blow doesn't' have the "Rage" mod that boost yer damage on next attack, Scything Sweep on the other hand has it though ;)

Just one thing Colif, Demonic Blow doesn't' have the "Rage" mod that boost yer damage on next attack, Scything Sweep on the other hand has it though ;)

I need you to edit all my responses from now on Spunky, I always mess up somewhere :)

I guess its SS/DB/FR then, it has been a while since I played a SW seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the sound of the SS/DB/FR combo.

I do use a shield/sword combo.

I am currently using this character to get the bulk of the achievments on the PS3. Not had any trouble with him so far. Im still quite a ways of from getting my tenth skill. Got up to level 53 atm.

Thanks for the input guys :P

• 3 weeks later...

SO I am on the verge of breaking level 65 and im still not convinced by combat discipline.

The regeneration bonus seems less appealing now I have a bunch of RPH Jewels, and while I like the sound of the SS/DB/FR combo im not sure if I want to use a skill point just for that.

I noticed the damage boost for weapon based combat arts (as was pointed out to me earlier in the thread by wintermane) isnt as much as I thought.

My other options would be

Damage lore (however im unsure if the chance for secondary effects is only applied IF a CA is used or if its always there. thoughts?)

Speed Lore (this would help me avoid being hit and also help me hit more often from what I can tell)

Combat Reflexes (Increased evad and if I do get hit less chance of a crit a better selection then speed lore me thinks?)

I would have taken Blacksmith but am on PS3

EP and Bargaining look ok but I think I will probably make a dedicated shopper type Toon at some point

I considered riding but figured it the three above would be more practical

What are peoples thoughts on spell resistance? I don't really see a use for it but welcome other opinions.

I guess that leaves the astral lore focus or lore, of the two I would pick focus, seems logical.

So yeah my top three options are DL SL and CR having ruled out CD. I just wanted to express my thoughts on the other options as maybe im viewing what they do wrong ;)

I am a few levels past this now and have still not picked one. I just don't know which one to pick.

I seem to be having damage issues, meaning im not cauysing enough. Im at a stalemate with the octopus boss on platinum, he can't kill me and I can't kill him. This makes me think I should take Speed Lore. Well I guess Damage Lore but im still not 100% sure on how that works with regards to if it gets used outside of a CA.